UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> have you ever seen a ghost??

5/7/09 2:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AmidaHidan
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I once raped a ghost that kept rattling its chains.

That kept it fucking quiet.
5/7/09 2:46 PM
liquifaction
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a scientist I have problems with the ghost thing.  If it was common knowledge we'd already have several levels of proof.

That said, I saw a ghost at my grandmas house last year when I was cleaning  rooms and having her rugs professionally steam cleaned while she was away.  I saw a 3 foot shadow/demon (like in the movie GHOST) walk down my grandma's hallway and into her room.

I saw it, dismissed it and kept working/cleaning.

The next day my Mom called me and brought up the fact that she saw something there but didnt' want to say anything, fearing my jokes and busting on her.  She and I talked about what we saw in 4 different sentences where we completed the end of the description to each other.

WE SAW THE SAME THING TWICE!!!!!!   SHE WAS FREAKED OUT THAT I SAW THE SAME THING!!
5/7/09 2:48 PM
Grittys
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you are asking me if it happens when I'm sleep deprived, absolutely yes.  It's usually when I wake up in the morning very very tired, like after a night of drinking or bad sleep.  It's more likely to happen if you get up for a half hour or so or are awake then try to go back to sleep.  I know when it's going to happen because instead of just dosing off, I first get this huge rush of something in my head.  Think of having a huge yawn, when it sounds like wind rushing loudly through your head, same feeling.  That's when I'll try to gnaw on my hand or yell for my wife to wake me.  I know that my screams aren't screams in the real world but I've got enough noise out for her to wake me. 

If I can't get out of it I know I'm fucked for a few minutes and you can't get out.  Basically the next events take place from the exact view from where you are.  So you'll be in your bed looking out in the hallway and then you'll just see some horrible creature or person slowly come at you, right to your face.  Just awful things you never want to see or feel.......

Sleep paralysis is a condition that may occur in normal subjects or be associated with narcolepsy, cataplexy, and hypnagogic hallucinations. The pathophysiology of this condition is closely related to the normal hypotonia that occur during REM sleep.[1] When considered to be a disease, isolated sleep paralysis is classified as MeSH D020188.[2] Some evidence suggests that it can also, in some cases, be a symptom of migraine.[3][4]

Symptoms and characteristics

Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "after which the individual may experience panic symptoms and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false".[5] When there is an absence of narcolepsy, sleep paralysis is referred to as isolated sleep paralysis (ISP).[6] "ISP appears to be far more common and recurrent among Blacks than among Whites or Nigerian Blacks",[7] and is often referred to within Black communities as "the Devil on your back"[8][9]

In addition, the paralysis state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[10] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to the vividness of such hallucinations.[11] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[12] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that reports of alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability.[13]

Possible causes

• Sleeping in a face upwards or supine position
  • Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation
  • Increased stress
  • Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
  • A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode.

5/7/09 3:12 PM
LiveWire
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was going to post this two weeks ago but didn't.  FRAT

It was Wed night, I think April 22. My girlfriend and I fell asleep around 11:30.  As I lay in a really deep sleep, I start to waken from a loud noise. I come to my senses and realize my girlfriend is SCREAMING at the top of her lungs. Now mind you, it's not the kinda scream that you hear when someone's car runs over your foot but rather a scream of abject terror. I kid you not, whatever the best horror movie scream you've ever heard is...it doesn't even remotely compare to this.

I jumped up in my sleep stupor and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I figured by the way she screamed that someone had broken into the house and was literally in the bedroom with us. In a haze, I looked around the dimly light room (the only light was coming through the window shades from the moon) and didn't see anything. Again my adrenline is pumping and I say to my gf "What's wrong!?" and she says "Don't you see it!?"

I reach over and turn on the light and there is absolutely nothing there. With the light on she curls up behind me and starts sobbing hysterically. After 5 minutes she calms down enough for me to see what the hell is going on. She recounts waking up from having a bad dream and looking down the hallway of our room and seeing a dark figure walking towards her. Every time she blinked it was closer. Finally it stood at the foot of the bed and made eye contact with her. When she realized what it was, she said it started to reach out and touch her and that's when she freaked out. Of course, that's also when she woke me up with the screaming.

She didnt' sleep the rest of the night and I could barely sleep because she had me so amped up. The next day she tells me that its a dark figure with no face and it literally left the room by rushing across the front of our bed and disappearing into the wall when I jumped up and turned on the lights.

I think she was having a night terror or something similar as Grittys described. But she swears to me she was completely awake when this happened.

It's two weeks later and now she insists we sleep with night lights on! LOL!
5/7/09 3:18 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I ever see a ghost, I hope I have the presence of mind to say "a g-g-g-GHOST!!!"

And then run in place for a few seconds before zipping out of the room.

I think the ghost might like that.
5/7/09 3:22 PM
El_Clap
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My cousins boyfriend is named Ghost.
5/7/09 3:25 PM
Grittys
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I think she was having a night terror or something similar as Grittys described. But she swears to me she was completely awake when this happened.

It's two weeks later and now she insists we sleep with night lights on! LOL! "

Show her that wiki page or tell her what I said. It is exactly what you would see in a night terror and is the most common theme. A dark figure coming at you and you can't move or do anything. Some people feel a very heavy weight on them. I guess that's the paralysis but to them they think it's the figure pressing down on them.
5/7/09 3:27 PM
WidespreadPanic

Randy Marsh - Me either. I don't think they exist but I watch every single paranormal show on tv. I guess I think it would be cool if they did.
Hah, I'm the same. I absolutely disbelieve in any paranormal phenomenon, think Bigfoot is a hoax, don't believe in aliens or ghosts or spirits, yet I'll scan the listing for anything related to this, love MonsterQuest, UFO hunter, History Channel shows. While watching I don't mock them much, sorta suspend disbelief. No idea why.

5/7/09 3:29 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same reason why people think that 9/11 was an inside job, and HIV doesn't cause AIDS. Because it would be interesting and cool if things weren't how the mainstream represents them- and you were one of the ones who was in the know.
5/7/09 3:29 PM
angryinch

WidespreadPanic - 
Randy Marsh - Me either. I don't think they exist but I watch every single paranormal show on tv. I guess I think it would be cool if they did.
Hah, I'm the same. I absolutely disbelieve in any paranormal phenomenon, think Bigfoot is a hoax, don't believe in aliens or ghosts or spirits, yet I'll scan the listing for anything related to this, love MonsterQuest, UFO hunter, History Channel shows. While watching I don't mock them much, sorta suspend disbelief. No idea why.

it's a cool escape from reality.  I'm the same way.  I don't believe in any of that crap although aliens don't fall in the supernatural realm and I think it's very likely that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe.   I love watching and reading about supernatural stuff.  

and even though I don't believe in ghosts, I've experienced what many others would consider to be a ghost. 

5/7/09 3:32 PM
LiveWire
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grittys-

I will believe me. I can't sleep with two night lights on!
5/7/09 3:34 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grittys - "I think she was having a night terror or something similar as Grittys described. But she swears to me she was completely awake when this happened.

It's two weeks later and now she insists we sleep with night lights on! LOL! "

Show her that wiki page or tell her what I said. It is exactly what you would see in a night terror and is the most common theme. A dark figure coming at you and you can't move or do anything. Some people feel a very heavy weight on them. I guess that's the paralysis but to them they think it's the figure pressing down on them.

FUCK YEAH I HAD THAT HAPPEN...................IT FUCKIN SUCKED BIG TIME............................EXCEPT IT WASN'T A BLANK FACE IT WAS AN OLD SCARY ASS LOOKING DEMON...................IN A DARK CLOAK.............ALL FUCKED OFF.............I COULDN'T MOVE AND MY HEART WAS FUCKIN POUNDING.................
5/7/09 3:38 PM
Rebel Yell

WidespreadPanic - 

I"m the exact same way....my wife doesn't understand how I can watch all of those shows and then turn around and say it's all complete crap.
5/7/09 3:41 PM
liquifaction

I was wide awake when I saw that shit.
you may be in a Fuge state if you see shit after just waking and are disoriented.
5/7/09 3:46 PM
Grittys

What I was describing was Sleep paralysis and not night terrors which are slightly different.  I've had night terrors too and it's funny how it mentions here that it can be something as frustrating as counting stars.  I've woken up basically crying before for something so odd, so meaningless.  I've had the feeling that everything in the world that was bad was my fault.  I have horrible visions of just looking up in the sky and seeing planets too close to the earth.  First one I had as a kid was just about colors and shapes and I can't describe why it was so terrifying.......

Night terrors are distinct from nightmares in several key ways. First, the subject is not fully asleep when the night terror occurs. Unlike nightmares, which are frequently dreams of a frightening nature, night terrors are not recalled dreams. Usually there is no situation or event (scary or otherwise) that is dreamed, but rather the emotion of fear itself is felt. Often, this is coupled with tension and apprehension without any distinct sounds or visual imagery, although sometimes a vague object of fear is identified by the sufferer. These emotions, generally without a focusing event or scenario, increase emotions in a cumulative effect. The night terrors can often be recalled by children as they get older. In some cases, the triggering emotion remains over time until they can nearly fully recall what it is that caused their hysteria. An example of this emotional trigger could be having to perform an impossible task (counting stars, counting the texture of dried paint, etc...) or an image of some sort such as the folds of a human brain. The lack of a dream itself leaves those awakened from a night terror in a state of disorientation much more severe than that caused by a normal nightmare. This can include a short period of amnesia during which the subjects may be unable to recall their names, locations, ages, or any other identifying features of themselves.
5/7/09 4:00 PM
WidespreadPanic

Rebel Yell - 
WidespreadPanic - 
 I"m the exact same way....my wife doesn't understand how I can watch all of those shows and then turn around and say it's all complete crap.

I think it's partly a curiosity of why others believe these things to the point of obsession, and partly a desire for there to be more than what we see and feel around us in the natural world. I suppose that even though I don't believe it, I'm still hoping that someone will turn up something concrete, someday.

I'd even like to go out in the field and 'hunt' for Bigfoot, but I guess more in the nature of a fun camping trip with folks who are sincere and dedicated about the idea; a chance to play with some high tech gear, night vision scopes and tracking devices.

In a way, I don't think they believe it either. Consider they go out armed with cameras and flashlights searching for a possibly homicidal creature that is supposed to be 7-8 feet tall. I'd say that was woefully unprepared should they really think something is out there.
5/7/09 4:01 PM
Sweep the leg
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was at a friends house whose grandmother used to live upstairs and had recently passed.

He insisted that his house was haunted, the mail woman would no longer come inside the front hall to drop the mail off. The front hall had the staircase which led upstairs.

I had to use the bathroom, and I went upstairs. Walking across the floor upstairs I became really uncomfortable, I got goosebumps, but I still decided to use the shitter.

I did not see anything, but the only way to describe it was it was quiet. Not quiet like there is no sound, But quiet like something was trying to be quiet, and the air felt thick. Warning bells going off telling me to hurry up and get the fuck back downstairs. Don't think she passed peacefully.

Creepers.
5/7/09 4:08 PM
Randy Marsh
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/07/09 4:08 PM
WidespreadPanic - 
Rebel Yell - 
WidespreadPanic - 

I think it's partly a curiosity of why others believe these things to the point of obsession, and partly a desire for there to be more than what we see and feel around us in the natural world. I suppose that even though I don't believe it, I'm still hoping that someone will turn up something concrete, someday.

I'd even like to go out in the field and 'hunt' for Bigfoot, but I guess more in the nature of a fun camping trip with folks who are sincere and dedicated about the idea; a chance to play with some high tech gear, night vision scopes and tracking devices.

In a way, I don't think they believe it either. Consider they go out armed with cameras and flashlights searching for a possibly homicidal creature that is supposed to be 7-8 feet tall. I'd say that was woefully unprepared should they really think something is out there.

I also think it is because some places are undeniably scary and although we know there is no reason to be scared we still are. I have been in some creepy supposedly haunted places and even though I don't believe in ghosts my heart still races and every little noise makes me come out of my skin. Sometimes at these places I will see scientifically explainable things but at first glance will get startled.
5/7/09 4:16 PM
Randy Marsh
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grittys- I had been told and experienced it myself after being extremely sleep deprived. My dreams are usually much more vivid and nightmarish after being sleep deprived. That is why I asked.
5/7/09 5:52 PM
Ben Jaquenhoft
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My dads old office was haunted where someone was shot. his desk faced a hallway which led to three steps down and a screen door. he told me a man was shot after walkin through the door and up the steps. one day in was sitting at his desk facing him with my back to the hallway. i heard the screen door snap shut with 3 distinct footsteps heading my way. i turn around expecting to see one of my dads co-workers and no one was there. i didnt believe him until that moment

i have also experienced the sleep paralysis. i thought i was a ghost attacking me. i woke up not being able to breath, move, or scream, with what felt like a million pounds pinning me to the bed. scariest feelin i have ever experienced
5/7/09 5:54 PM
3rdtimesacharm
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Night terrors are horrible. I posted about one I had where a little demon girl was coming at me. I was dreaming and couldn't get out of it. In my dream I was trying to call my sister to on my cell phone to call her and wake me up, I was trying to hit my face etc... I woke up sitting on the side of my bed shaking my leg when in my dream the little demon girl was grabbing my leg coming at me. Fucking sucked.
5/7/09 6:07 PM
notsobigmike
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't believe in ghosts, per se, but I believe that people who think they have seen ghosts have seen SOMETHING. I figure it's probably like how we used to think lightning was some god throwing shit at us. 100 years from now, we'll figure out it's just some natural phenomenon that we don't currently have the capacity to explain.
5/7/09 6:26 PM
jettdogg

If you are in bed, have just been sleeping or are falling asleep, its a fucking DREAM, mmkay? I have been to many so called haunted houses and have been in cemeteries from the 1800s that were supposedly haunted and its impossible for me to get even a little scared in these places, but it is fun watching the mentally weak freak out at these places at 3am. Its all in your head. I would love to go on those stupid fucking ghost hunter shows and just stand there and laugh while everyone freaks out like idiots.
5/7/09 7:11 PM
CoreNobody

No,but my sister has.

Back in 83,my so called dad died(parents are divorced and NOT close).
My cousin was sent to find us,he found me first,said he'd been lookin for a few days.Anyhow,myself and my cous went to break the news to my mom and sisters.
When we did,they freaked.

My mom said my sis came into her room last night,and said dad was sitting on the edge of her bed,telling her he was going away,but everything was going to be alright,and to take care of all of us,and that he really did care for all of us.

It was good he got one shot to say his peace to her.
5/7/09 8:04 PM
Jump Kick
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/07/09 8:51 PM
ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.