UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> have you ever seen a ghost??

5/11/09 6:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Altair
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^Ghost riding shotgun ahhhhhh
5/11/09 9:14 PM
SWCLacksta
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bump cause i finally said my story.
5/11/09 11:45 PM
scourge
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4 later
5/12/09 1:25 AM
OutbreakMonkey
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not exactly a ghost story but has some what made me believe in something supernatural that we don't fully understand. The night my grandfather died I had a dream that I was walking with my grandmother out the back gate of their house. I had my arm around her shoulder like I was comforting her. There was a very strong feeling that she (we) were alone and I had to take care of her. I vaguely recall looking through the back window and seeing no body home, nobody sitting in the seat my grand dad always used. Though in reality that seat can't be seen from that window. I woke up straight after the dream (I guess) and it was about 2:30am.
The following morning my mother came over in tears and told me he'd passed away about 11pm the previous night.

To put this in context, I can't remember ever having a dream about my grand parents and my grand dad had been ill for quite a long time. So I don't think it was a coincidence.
Either I'm some what clairvoyant or he visited me to remind me to look after my grandma. I think the latter is more likely because aside from the odd bout of dejavu, I've never been 'psychic' about anything. Far from it.
5/12/09 1:35 AM
Jons Forsberg

3rdtimesacharm - Night terrors are horrible. I posted about one I had where a little demon girl was coming at me. I was dreaming and couldn't get out of it. In my dream I was trying to call my sister to on my cell phone to call her and wake me up, I was trying to hit my face etc... I woke up sitting on the side of my bed shaking my leg when in my dream the little demon girl was grabbing my leg coming at me. Fucking sucked.

lol @ "little demon girl"
5/12/09 1:45 AM
Posty Magee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/12/09 2:02 AM
Jons Forsberg

SWCLacksta - Alright I have a few minutes to spare. Believe me or not, I don't care. But this was legit. I was 12 years old and staying up in Middle Inlet, Wisconsin. Near Crivitz. It was 3 am-ish, and me and my good friend Brian were playing N64. We always tried to pull all nighters. Brians father worked on the farm real early alot so he was up drinking coffee downstairs in the kitchen. Brians mother, and two sisters we sound asleep. Next thing I know Brians dad, Fred, running up to us saying theres someone outside banging on the kitchen window. Tells me to grab the hand gun, and Brian to grab the spot light we mount on ATVs.

We head down and Fred opens the front door and goes "What do you want" and the guy steps into our view. He's dressed in a three piece white suit and has a bit of blood streaming down from his left eye. He explains to us how he crashed his car across the street in the ditch, and that he saw we had a barn and thought maybe we could help him pull his car out. Fred agrees to then go and look at the guys car. The guy, who called himself James, led us over to the wreck. And sure enough, his car was there in the ditch. Fred says that he doesnt think we could help him pull the car out. So James asks if we could give him a ride home. Hesitantly, Fred agrees.

On our way to the car, Fred tells us to keep an eye on James if hes acting weird or suspicious. We got in the double cab pick up, and headed off. Fred's driving, James in shotgun, and me and Brian in the back. He gives us directions that we never heard of, weird dirt roads and what not. We finally get to a cape cod house in the middle of a corn field. He says thank you and steps out. He reaches into his pocket and I grip the hand gun real tight, but all he does is pull out a 20 dollar bill and places it on the seat and says thank you for the ride.

He heads off toward the house, but oddly veers off into the cornfield instead of going towards the house. We see his white suit fade into the cornfield, when Fred goes "Fuck the girls are home alone" so we race back but find that they are okay. Fred tells us to try and get some sleep, and we'll check the wreck in the morning. The sun was rising up, and none of us could sleep. After sunrise we all walked to the ditch across the street, and the car was gone. No sign of it at all. We then tried to find our way back to his house, and we were unable too. We then checked the 20 dollar bill he had gave us, and it was dated back real early. I forget what year exactly, but it was early. So I don't know man. Ghost? Ghost Wreck? Ghost house from the late 50's? Who knows... but I'm a believer...

Oh, and if anyone knows how to check deaths in areas. It'd be cool if I could search the road we were on and see if anyone died in a car crash there. Now THAT would be fucked up if I found that out. I've had other experiences, but this is what opened my eyes.

lol I've heard this story hundreds of times, next please
5/12/09 2:13 AM
Randy Marsh
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice story SWC... Do you ever talk to Brian or Fred about it anymore? Will you share some of you other stories? If you get the chance.
5/12/09 2:19 AM
El Maquina

Fraser - If I ever see a ghost, I hope I have the presence of mind to say "a g-g-g-GHOST!!!"

And then run in place for a few seconds before zipping out of the room.

I think the ghost might like that.

LOL
5/12/09 3:36 AM
DreamerMMA
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't see one, no.

Still though, I had an odd experience.

I was about 12 years old and living in Grayland, WA.

I was hanging out with a friend of mine and we were looking at this house across the field and I asked my friend, James, about it.

He told me that it had belonged to an old man and woman but the old man had died some years ago and his wife died a bit later.

Nobody would live in the house because they thought it was haunted.

He then told me a story about a friend of his who broke into the empty house and claimed something pushed him down the stairs and broke his leg.

I didn't believe him and laughed about it, then being the brave idiot I started yelling obsenities at the house then I picked up a rock and threw it at the wall of the home.

About a second after the rock impacted we heard this.....wail, it was an older womans voice, wailing like she was distressed and angry.

I don't remember getting from the field back to his house, we just hauled ass I guess.

Scared the shit out of both of us.
5/12/09 7:29 AM
Altair

^^^^Shhhhhit, I would of hauled ass too!
5/12/09 8:56 AM
angryinch

Jons Forsberg - 
SWCLacksta - Alright I have a few minutes to spare. Believe me or not, I don't care. But this was legit. I was 12 years old and staying up in Middle Inlet, Wisconsin. Near Crivitz. It was 3 am-ish, and me and my good friend Brian were playing N64. We always tried to pull all nighters. Brians father worked on the farm real early alot so he was up drinking coffee downstairs in the kitchen. Brians mother, and two sisters we sound asleep. Next thing I know Brians dad, Fred, running up to us saying theres someone outside banging on the kitchen window. Tells me to grab the hand gun, and Brian to grab the spot light we mount on ATVs.

We head down and Fred opens the front door and goes "What do you want" and the guy steps into our view. He's dressed in a three piece white suit and has a bit of blood streaming down from his left eye. He explains to us how he crashed his car across the street in the ditch, and that he saw we had a barn and thought maybe we could help him pull his car out. Fred agrees to then go and look at the guys car. The guy, who called himself James, led us over to the wreck. And sure enough, his car was there in the ditch. Fred says that he doesnt think we could help him pull the car out. So James asks if we could give him a ride home. Hesitantly, Fred agrees.

On our way to the car, Fred tells us to keep an eye on James if hes acting weird or suspicious. We got in the double cab pick up, and headed off. Fred's driving, James in shotgun, and me and Brian in the back. He gives us directions that we never heard of, weird dirt roads and what not. We finally get to a cape cod house in the middle of a corn field. He says thank you and steps out. He reaches into his pocket and I grip the hand gun real tight, but all he does is pull out a 20 dollar bill and places it on the seat and says thank you for the ride.

He heads off toward the house, but oddly veers off into the cornfield instead of going towards the house. We see his white suit fade into the cornfield, when Fred goes "Fuck the girls are home alone" so we race back but find that they are okay. Fred tells us to try and get some sleep, and we'll check the wreck in the morning. The sun was rising up, and none of us could sleep. After sunrise we all walked to the ditch across the street, and the car was gone. No sign of it at all. We then tried to find our way back to his house, and we were unable too. We then checked the 20 dollar bill he had gave us, and it was dated back real early. I forget what year exactly, but it was early. So I don't know man. Ghost? Ghost Wreck? Ghost house from the late 50's? Who knows... but I'm a believer...

Oh, and if anyone knows how to check deaths in areas. It'd be cool if I could search the road we were on and see if anyone died in a car crash there. Now THAT would be fucked up if I found that out. I've had other experiences, but this is what opened my eyes.

lol I've heard this story hundreds of times, next please
I've read many different versions of this story over the years.  Seems like every ghost story anthology or collection has a version of this one in it.   It's definitely a classic.  

5/13/09 2:05 AM
Jons Forsberg

I saw a ghost one time, when I was around 10 my parents were into the teachings of a guy named Osho, who was a guru and actually quite famous in the US during the 80s. Once a month or so, my parents would gather with a group of Osho disciples in my city, to watch his videos and practice meditation, and a lot of times I went with them.

So one night I was at one of these gatherings, but I was sick so I stayed in the living room laying in a puff sofa, while everybody else was at another room having dinner.

I think I was watching TV or something, and all of a sudden I see a figure in front of me, it was Osho, who was dead at the time. He raised his right hand slowly and from the palm of his hand came a green spark that landed on my chest.

so I stood of the puff sofa and told him, "follow me, the people at the dining room want to see you". So I started walking and turned my back on him, when I looked behind he was gone.

All he did was stand in there and throw that green spark at me, it felt like he was saying "get well" because I was sick at the time. True story.

Many years later, as an adult I read some of his books and enjoyed quite a bit.
5/13/09 3:33 AM
ThomasBJJ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have had some odd experiences. But I do not believe in ghosts. So I know that even though I am not sure what exactly I experienced, I'm pretty sure it was NOT a ghost.

I have been VERY interested in ghosts, UFOs, monsters like bigfoot & lochness, etc since I was barely old enough to read. I WANT to believe in all those things. But.. I just dont think they exist. I have had many friends who claim to have seen something, but have also had many friends who are interested but have never seen anything. The ones who claim to have seen a ghost or monster etc have ALL, without exception been somewhat unreliable witnesses. And, usually the storys, and thier attitude about the subject does not ring true.

If I saw a ghost, and I mean UNDENIABLY, full body apparition, believe me, I would tell anyone who would listen, and you would KNOW that I am serious. It would change my life. I think I might even become paranoid and fearful. I definitely wouldnt just rattle off my story like it was no big deal, like so many people do.

It is just not scientifically possible. For many reasons. For example... how do ghosts see and hear and think? they have no eyes, no ears, no brain. If those processeses are able to exist without the neccessary organs, why to living people go blind, deaf, and have variety of mental problems, alzheimers, memory loss, etc.??? If my eyes are damaged, I cant see. Ghost with no eyes can see? Why?

How can ghosts walk thru walls? If they have no physical substance, neccessary to pass thru a solid object, how do they move. When the ghostly foot hits the ground to take a step, how does it get the traction to make itself move, its body is insubstantial. The foot should just pass thru the floor. If they are insubstantial, why does light bounce off it and back to our eyes, allowing us to see them?

Why do many people see ghosts out of the corner of thier eye, but when they look, its gone? Ive had this happen many times and got creeped out. But then I thought about it.
How does the ghost know just exactly where the edge of my vision starts? Can it read my mind? Does it see thru my eyes? It can react quick enough to dissappear faster than my eyeball can move to get a look? Not likely. We (the living) do not really see exactly what is around us. The brain screens things out, and anticipates and creates images of things it expects. If I start getting paranoid, my mind might make me think I see something out the corner of my eye, but it is not real.

Many experiences are unidentified sounds. Some of my experiences are of this variety. It is likely something normal. After all, the ghost would have to have some substance to affect a physical object or to use vocal chords to make any kind of sound.

Gravity. If a ghost has some kind of mass, enough to reflect light, make sounds, move objects, etc. but it insubstantial enought to walk thru walls. Why doesn't gravity pull it thru the ground to the center of the earth? Why do they not fly off into space as the earth rotates around the sun? Gravity either affects them or not. If it does, they would sink, if not they would fly off into the sky to never be seen again.

Photos. No good evidence. Why would a ghost want someone to see it, but allow itself to be filmed or seen by multiple credible witnesseses? Why would that matter to a ghost?
5/13/09 4:28 AM
Jons Forsberg

Edited: 05/13/09 4:48 AM
If I saw a ghost, and I mean UNDENIABLY, full body apparition, believe me, I would tell anyone who would listen, and you would KNOW that I am serious. It would change my life.

dude life goes on, regardless of the experience you have. I saw what you call a full body aparition. It didnt't change my life, it changed my view on the afterlife which was already something that I believed in, to something that I became certain of. I saw it. but then again, senses are faillible, so who knows.

ThomasBJJ - For example... how do ghosts see and hear and think? they have no eyes, no ears, no brain. If those processeses are able to exist without the neccessary organs, why to living people go blind, deaf, and have variety of mental problems, alzheimers, memory loss, etc.??? If my eyes are damaged, I cant see. Ghost with no eyes can see? Why?

I don't think anybody has the answers to these questions and they most certainly don't prove the inexistance of ghosts.

There is a lot of stuff that we take for granted on a daily basis that seems pretty impossible, yet we accept them because its there... you yourself talked about how we need a physical eye to see things. How, in the evolution, was the eye concieved? How can a colony of seemingly non-intelligent cells be able to design and execute the construction of an organ that is able to focus the light to form images? how do these cells, which evolved from dead molecules know about optic physics? where do their knowledge comes from? And how can cells know anything if they don't have a brain to know? If you think about it, it is just as mysterious and seemngly impossible as any ghost story, but we accept it because its there and we witness it everyday.Same with ghosts, people who saw it have no idea how they move, see and hear, but they sure as shit do, because they have witnessed it..
5/13/09 5:57 AM
ShakaFerreira
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/13/09 6:19 AM
PNI75GUM

I think Gritty is right, I have the same problem...I wake up not being able to move and you feel like somebody is covering up your mouth when you try to scream. I have learned whenever I experience that, I just say fuck it and let it be...it usually goes away. First time it happened to me I was totally fucking scared.

On the note of seeing ghosts, I don't believe in it but I don't discredit people who do.
5/13/09 7:42 AM
Altair

^^^^Science rather stay out of it, how the hell do you explain a spirit?
5/13/09 8:07 AM
bigwignj
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have never seen an apparition per say but i have experienced things. My grand mothers old farm house was actually located on the famed "shades of death" road from weird new jersey and weird us. For whatever reason, she was deathly afraid of going in the attic, i have never asked her what had made her never want to go in the attic, i just knew she never wanted to be up there. Ill have to ask her one of these days. Anyway, long story short, whenever you were over her house. You would always here foot steps coming from above you. It was really creepy. And its not like i would be the only one hearing it, we would be watching tv or something and you would hear walking above you, and my grandma would instigate and say stuff like, sounds like he is waiting in your bed room for you tonight. All her experiences in the house didnt seem to bother her, she would mostly have fun with it, except when it came to the attic. I have also heard voices at that same house. Like i said, never anything visual though.
5/13/09 6:09 PM
Altair

^^^^In that case, WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT VISUAL CONFIRMATION?!
5/13/09 8:31 PM
Cha0s008
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool story SWC!!

I think I would love to see some ghosts that are willing to pay me $20.
5/14/09 1:21 AM
Posty Magee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/14/09 1:33 AM
DreamerMMA
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/14/09 1:34 AM
PNI75GUM - I think Gritty is right, I have the same problem...I wake up not being able to move and you feel like somebody is covering up your mouth when you try to scream. I have learned whenever I experience that, I just say fuck it and let it be...it usually goes away. First time it happened to me I was totally fucking scared.

On the note of seeing ghosts, I don't believe in it but I don't discredit people who do.

What you are speaking of is called "Sleep Paralysis" sometimes refered to as The Night Hag.

When your body begins to fall asleep it essentially paralyzes itself so that you do not act out what you are dreaming and possibly harm yourself.

Sometimes, the body will fall asleep and the mind will awaken to find it cannot move the body.

Often in sleep paralysis people report hearing odd noises, voices calling their names, even frightening sounds like screams. 

Some people report other things like a weight on their chest or something preventing them from crying out as you described.

5/14/09 1:40 AM
THE DEAN
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have...it appears...contracted dead people during meditation. It's not something I do very often and it doesn't always work but, when it does, it's quite amazing.

Never seen a ghost though and, as a born skeptic, I still have trouble reconciling that anything exists after death.
5/14/09 3:12 AM
JackFunk
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dean, what type of meditation?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.