UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> have you ever seen a ghost??

5/14/09 4:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
THE DEAN
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JackFunk - Dean, what type of meditation?

Just mindfulness meditation...which has nothing to do with psychic ability or developing alternative states of consciousness. I was not in any kind of trance like state of any kind and was as fully aware of my surroundings as I am sitting here typing.

At the time I didn't believe in the ghosts, spirits, or psychic ability but just did it for kicks during meditation...which I had already been doing for years.

Until then, I was a person who bought "Skeptic" magazine every month and had always assumed that anyone who claimed to see or hear ghosts were feeble minded people. Now I am just a person that thinks the line between life and death is an unmeasurable gray area.
5/14/09 4:40 PM
sparkyman
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no way that man could build a flying machine!

Talking to people around the world????? Rediculous.
5/14/09 5:17 PM
GMan99
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later
5/14/09 7:18 PM
Altair
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^as in now?
5/15/09 9:11 AM
GMan99
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just read the whole thread. Not as vivid as MachineMay's Old Scratch stories, but some pretty interesting stuff.

It's interesting to read so many accounts of sleep paralysis. My brother has experienced this phenomenon for years. Unfortunately, though, his does not feature the paralysis ... often to terrifying effect.

About ten years ago, we shared an apartment. One night I woke up to hear him screaming. I went into his bedroom and he was standing up and throwing full punches that would make Frank Lester jealous. It took me 2-3 minutes of shouting at him and carefully maneuvering to tap his shoulder and shake him to bring him to some form of coherence. (I had to be wary because he is about 6'3" 215 and was an amateur boxer.)

On other occasions, he has sat up and grabbed his bedside lamp and smashed it against the wall. The main thing that seems to plague him in this state are spiders coming from out of the walls and ceiling. Nothing supernatural, but definitely unnerving.
5/15/09 9:22 AM
GMan99

The only experience I've had that could be interpreted as supernatural was in my wife and my first house. The previous owner, a woman in her early 40s, had passed away peacefully in the home after a long struggle with cancer.

Within the first few months of living there, we had several occasions where the stereo would start playing in the middle of the night. I was able to rationalize this because we had it attached to one of those surge protector strips and often would power it down just by turning it off at the main switch. I never could figure out why the CD player would be activated, though ... normally, it would not start playing on its own if you just activated the power button. In these instances, the volume was always a lot louder than it would have been for normally listening. The knob would be turned to 80 or so(out of 100). We had a cat, so who knows?

The tougher thing to explain was that on two occasions, we were awakened in the middle of the night to a house that was boiling hot. I'd go down and check the thrmostat and it would be set for like 90 or something. We would generally adjust the thermostat before going to sleep, but to turn it down some, not up almost to full blast. It's also conceivable that one of us may have adjusted it in our sleep, but neither of us are sleepwalkers.

In both cases, I just chose to put it aside and not worry about it. In any case, theses occurrences stopped within the two months or so of our moving into the house.
5/15/09 12:39 PM
sparkyman
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GMan99 - I just read the whole thread. Not as vivid as MachineMay's Old Scratch stories, but some pretty interesting stuff.

It's interesting to read so many accounts of sleep paralysis. My brother has experienced this phenomenon for years. Unfortunately, though, his does not feature the paralysis ... often to terrifying effect.

About ten years ago, we shared an apartment. One night I woke up to hear him screaming. I went into his bedroom and he was standing up and throwing full punches that would make Frank Lester jealous. It took me 2-3 minutes of shouting at him and carefully maneuvering to tap his shoulder and shake him to bring him to some form of coherence. (I had to be wary because he is about 6'3" 215 and was an amateur boxer.)

On other occasions, he has sat up and grabbed his bedside lamp and smashed it against the wall. The main thing that seems to plague him in this state are spiders coming from out of the walls and ceiling. Nothing supernatural, but definitely unnerving.
I have about 2 or 3 of those episodes per week, every week. Mine involve being trapped or being crushed and I act appropriately for someone in that circumstance.

Funny that my wife still sleeps with me :)

5/15/09 1:27 PM
TwinkieTheKid
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw a ghost. It was about 10 years ago. My Dad had just died after a long battle with cancer. He was terminally ill and we would often talk about what it would be like on the other side. He was into New Age metaphysics and reincarnation and one of the last things he said to me was, “I will visit you after I die.”

And I am like, “Yeah, sure come visit me, Dad”, since I am not a believer in New Age philosophy.

Well, he died in September of 1995.

The day before Thanksgiving, 1998, I went to bed like normal with my wife. I the middle of the night I woke up because there was a storm outside and the wind had been blowing hard enough to make a howling sound in our house. I laid there in the partial darkness, cursing the wind.

So as I was laying there awake, I watched as our door, which was slightly ajar, open by itself, as if pushed open by an unseen hand. I heard footsteps walking slowly into my room, traversing it, and stopping by a picture I had of my Dad hanging in the room as a remembrance.

I was feeling a mixture of surprise and fright. Did I really just see the door open by itself?

I turned on the light, woke my wife up, and explained to her what I had just experienced. She was a little scared too, but after talking about it, I relaxed and we went back to sleep. My wife even joked, “Do you think that was your Dad”?

As I laid there trying to rationalize what I had seen, I saw a small, circular, non-focused green sphere appear in the doorway. It was about a foot in diameter. It was not reflecting on anything, it was an independent illumination. This time, I woke my wife up (without turning on the light) and excitedly asked her, “Can you see that”? She could and started asking, “What is that? What IS that?”

I got up and slowly walked towards the illumination, which was retreating into our living room. As I walked into the room, a felt an acute sensation of freezing cold. It literally felt like I was being stabbed in the spine with a cold knife. Suffice it to say, I had never been as scared in my life.

I tried to communicate with the presence, but there was no response. The freezing sensation began to dissipate and then disappeared, leaving me standing in the front room, shivering.

I do not remember falling back asleep that night, but I can assure you that the light was on and the door was closed.

We have never had another experience like that since.

Why was there a green sphere, or cold or why it happened on Thanksgiving, I don’t know. All I know is my Dad tried to contact me that evening from another place.
5/15/09 1:45 PM
Randy Marsh
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^Cool...
5/15/09 2:33 PM
Rebel Yell

Altair - Ouija is something you should NEVER touch whether you believe or not, even deep meditation.

The fuckin thing is made by MATEL toy company
5/15/09 2:58 PM
GMan99

You obviously were not privy to the great OG Ouija board horror story thread circa 2004. People here apparently have had experiences with Ouija boards that would turn your hair gray.
5/15/09 3:00 PM
angryinch

GMan99 - You obviously were not privy to the great OG Ouija board horror story thread circa 2004. People here apparently have had experiences with Ouija boards that would turn your hair gray.

I'd like to see them try to turn my hair gray.  
5/15/09 3:28 PM
Kway
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If I ever see a ghost, I hope I have the presence of mind to say "a g-g-g-GHOST!!!"

And then run in place for a few seconds before zipping out of the room.

I think the ghost might like that."

LMAO
5/15/09 3:36 PM
TwinkieTheKid
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My friend had been playing with a Ouija board all night. He called me the next morning to come see it.

We walked into his room and he was about 5 feet from the stylus and board. He asked some generic question out loud and I swear the stylus moved all by itself.

I did what any brave teenager would do and turn and ran right the hell out of his house.
5/15/09 3:57 PM
GMan99

That's a great story, JKennedy. No other encounters on subsequent inventories? Any discussion with the owner about it?
5/15/09 9:58 PM
Eddy Payeur
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/15/09 10:59 PM
sdnice
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After reading everyone else's stories, I figure I'll post mine (FRAT warning). I never have believed in ghosts and I still don't know what happened this night

In May of '08 my wife and I were driving back from an amateur mma show. The stretch of highway we were on was straight as an arrow. It was about 12 am and pitch black outside. For the longest time we were the only car on the road. After about an hour we see headlights coming from the opposite direction. At first we were just surprised to see another car on the road, but as it came closer I noticed that it appeared to be in our lane. Wondering what the hell this person was doing, I began to slow down, in an attempt to figure out what the other "car" was doing. Me and the wife continued to ask "What the hell's going on?". At this point the car is probably 30 yards from us. Realizing that they weren't going to switch lanes, I decided to switch lanes myself. Before I could switch lanes the headlights disappear completely as it came toward us. There was no sign of a car, motorcycle, or any other apparatus that would have such lights. Once the lights disappeared, I stopped in the road, looked at my wife, and asked her if she saw what I saw. She did. We sat there dumbfounded for a few moments before we decided to continue on our way home.

Had I been alone, I would have dismissed this as some optical illusion. But my wife saw the exact same thing. What it was...I don't know. I just know that it was disturbing.
5/15/09 11:29 PM
angryinch

sdnice - After reading everyone else's stories, I figure I'll post mine (FRAT warning). I never have believed in ghosts and I still don't know what happened this night

In May of '08 my wife and I were driving back from an amateur mma show. The stretch of highway we were on was straight as an arrow. It was about 12 am and pitch black outside. For the longest time we were the only car on the road. After about an hour we see headlights coming from the opposite direction. At first we were just surprised to see another car on the road, but as it came closer I noticed that it appeared to be in our lane. Wondering what the hell this person was doing, I began to slow down, in an attempt to figure out what the other "car" was doing. Me and the wife continued to ask "What the hell's going on?". At this point the car is probably 30 yards from us. Realizing that they weren't going to switch lanes, I decided to switch lanes myself. Before I could switch lanes the headlights disappear completely as it came toward us. There was no sign of a car, motorcycle, or any other apparatus that would have such lights. Once the lights disappeared, I stopped in the road, looked at my wife, and asked her if she saw what I saw. She did. We sat there dumbfounded for a few moments before we decided to continue on our way home.

Had I been alone, I would have dismissed this as some optical illusion. But my wife saw the exact same thing. What it was...I don't know. I just know that it was disturbing.

an optical illusion.   
5/16/09 7:51 AM
sdnice
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am willing to accept it being an optical illusion if someone can explain wtf happened.
5/16/09 8:33 AM
angryinch

sdnice - I am willing to accept it being an optical illusion if someone can explain wtf happened.

What happened was that you visually perceived an image the differed from objective reality. 
5/16/09 9:00 AM
sdnice

But is it common for two people to visually perceive the exact same image?
5/16/09 9:03 AM
sdnice

Not trying to be difficult...just trying to understand something I've yet been able to explain
5/16/09 9:32 AM
Altair

JKen, great story,my friends house is very haunted and the story of a wife whos husband cheated on her walked down into the basement nicely dressed for her date that never came, killed herself, several credible friends and fam have seen her, its some shit I don't. The bsament has not been remodeled for yeeeeeears because of it.
5/16/09 9:34 AM
Altair

most likely a "willow the wisp" type of thing with the whole headlights.

Somebody Wiki please
5/16/09 11:14 AM
BigEyedFish

Just wanted to pop by and remind all of you once again that ghosts dont exist. They just dont. Sorry. Have a great day!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.