UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> UFC 94 Parlay opinions

1/30/09 4:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JesseTheRonin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looking for any opinions on parlays..

I see Gono at +400... this seems a little off to me you can throw out a few combos with him in it and get a huge payday. (I do bellieve Fitch is the better fighter, i just think a +400 is a little juicy for a guy like Gono)

I think i could really mix a few things up with him for some cheap bets maybe $5-$10 bets.

But as far as bigger and not long shots im thinkinkg of going with this...

M Gamburyan @ +100
N Diaz @ -139
L Machida @ -357
GSP @ -189

for +575 ... $150 pays $1010

___

O'Brian @ -303
Guida @ +100
Karo @ - 357
Bonnar @ -200

for +411 ... $100 pays $510

___

Penn @ +137
Machida @ -357
Bonnar @ -200

for +325 ... $125 pays $568

(total of $375. Minimum win $135. Maximum win $635)
^ if i bet all 3.. which i probably would not do.

Any thoughts? Any ideas?
2/1/09 1:45 AM
JesseTheRonin

good thing i didnt bet...
2/2/09 12:54 PM
HighFreq
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use parlay bets to bump the odds of certain fights. When I parlay fights, I don't like to chance it with fighters who I think have a decent shot of losing. To me, the solid parlay bets were GSP, Fitch and O'Brien. I parlayed several bets for 94. I was at the MGM, so I was using their odds.

I parlayed
GSP @ -145
Fitch @ -500
O'Brien @ -300 which paid +170.

GSP @ -145
Machida @ -250
Fitch @ -500
O'Brien @ -300 which paid +278.

GSP @ -145
Parisyan @ -250
Fitch @ -500
O'Brien @ -300 which also paid +278.

O'Brien did give me a scare, but pulled it out in the end. I switched out Machida and Parisyan, because to me, although they would win, they were less of a sure thing. But I was wrong about Machida, as his win over Silva was definitive.

I didn't win all of my parlays. I also parlay, what I like to call my underdog bet, where I throw in fighters who I think will win, but to me, the fights are too close to risk a lot of money on.

I had a small amount parlayed on
GSP @ -145
Fitch @ -500
O'Brien @ -300
Guida @ -105
Gamburyan @ +120

which would have paid +1061. I would have liked to have added Crammer on the parlay, but MGM wasn't taking bets on the Crammer/Arroyo fight as well as Howard/Wilson.

On a side note, I ran into Jon Jones a couple of days before the fight. He is a really tall guy and his hands are huge, and after meeting him, and rewatching his Gusmao fight, I threw a small amount on a straight bet on him. You get a huge advantage when you get to run into the fighters and get a sense of where they are at before the fight.

I did well at UFC 94. I won some good parlays and most of my straight bets. Hopefully you will do well at the next UFN.
2/26/09 2:34 AM
freestyle_judo

What is parlaying? Is it similar to trifecta/quinella in horse racing??

What is the best site to bet on?

I wanna get in on the action.

I'd appreciate any and all help given to me :)

Thanks
-Nick-
2/27/09 10:00 AM
HighFreq
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A parlay is a type of bet where you predict the outcome of several fights/games.  A parlay will pay if you correctly chose all of the winners.  Parlays offer increased odds over individual bets.

Parlays are a good way of bumping the odds of a particular bet.  For example, if you like Rampage (-300) over Jardine at UFC 96.  A $100 bet will pay you $33.  However, if you parlay that bet with Vera (-500) over Patt, a winning $100 bet will pay $60.

Although the payout is larger, because of the vigorish, the difference between the payout odds and the true odds is greater for parlays than for straight bets.  Therefore parlays, especially large parlays (more than 4 fights) favour the house.  And Paulo Thiago can beat Josh Koscheck, so parlays can be risky.

I can not speak as to which site is the best to bet on, but I can say that betus offers MMA parlays and pinnacle does not.

Good luck.
3/3/09 9:55 PM
Oddessa
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.Bodoglife.com takes MMA parlays

If you wanna figure out what sonething pays in parlays...

www.parlaycalculator.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.