UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> My Movie Is On DVD

1/31/09 2:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Burton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/31/09 3:37 PM
JKDU--MMA For The Street, BJJ, Kali, President

Hi everybody, Here is the new trailer for my movie that is now available on DVD at http://mmastreetfighterthemovie.com. I had to change the title to MMA Streetfighter because the old title (One Percent Full)did not tell much about the story. The film is very low budget, but I am happy to say that we did a good job with incredibly limited funds. It is fun to watch, and has a very good story too. Enjoy!
1/31/09 3:28 AM
Paul Hopkins
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't wait to see it.

fwiw, i liked thenoriginal "one percent full" title. and thought it defined frank hopkins' greed and arrogance succinctly.
1/31/09 4:55 AM
Stone Rolled
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight scenes are awesome! The way it's done and shot are awesome! A breath of fresh air from the Bourne series, being done too close and shakey cam. You are clearly showing the techniques which are awesome. The trailer needs work though.
1/31/09 8:43 AM
Sicilian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burt,

I can't seem to find any DVD of that here in the PI. I asked the Bakbakan guys, and none of them know how to get hold of one.
1/31/09 3:37 PM
Burton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul, I like the original title too, but most people didn't understand it. So, I had to change.

SR, thanks. The shakey cam is to hide the actor's lack of training, and to add emotion. It has its uses, but I prefer to show the moves.

Sicilian, the DVD is not available yet in the Philippines. I am working on that. Tell the Bakbakan guys I said hello.

And, the website for the movie is www.mmastreetfighterthemovie.com 

1/31/09 3:58 PM
4 Ranges

Ooooooh, can't wait to get my copy. :)

Hey Burton, say hi to Jarlo and the crew in Hawaii. You guys gonna host Tuhon Dan again this year? Let us know! We'll be there. We plan to stay longer this time, so I can train at your place.

Mahalo braddah!
1/31/09 4:06 PM
Matt Thornton
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice job Burton, I look forward to seeing it.

www.straightblastgym.com
2/4/09 6:06 PM
groundfighter2000
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok so is there nudity in this movie?! j/k looks good, i liked the original trailer better, still want to see it
2/4/09 10:29 PM
ReneH

Finally! No one flying across the screen farther than an American Airlines jet! Great job, Burton! Can't wait to see it.
2/9/09 8:01 PM
PTM2020
731 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/17/09 12:09 AM
Burton

Thanks for the support. Thanks Matt! I am happy to say that I have gotten very good reviews back from people who have purchased the DVD. I am gearing up for a new one with a much better budget.
2/17/09 9:59 AM
Sicilian

Burt's leading lady, Andrea Del Rosario, is featured in this month's FHM Philippines with 2 other gals.

Check out fhm.com.ph. Click on the window with 3 naked girls hugging each other. the one on the far right is Andrea.

BTW, it was my photographer buddy who took the pics. Enjoy!
2/18/09 11:18 PM
Burton

Yes, she is something else. The stunt guys on the movie were more than impressed with her!
2/22/09 11:48 PM
sekiya

I love that high-speed trapping
2/23/09 9:59 PM
rozz

Great trailer Burton.
I look forward to the purchase of a great movie.
2/25/09 9:59 PM
Burton

sekiya - I love that high-speed trapping

Yes, it works great in the movies!

I hope you all enjoy it. The movie is very low budget, but ended up looking pretty good. I am happy to say that I have gotten a lot of compliments on the story as well.
2/25/09 10:03 PM
Matt Thornton
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/25/09 11:13 PM
Burton, I hope you still finish that zulu screenplay you described to me years ago. That was excellent stuff.
2/26/09 1:40 AM
Burton

Hey Matt!
That is still a few years off, as I am working on improving my filmaking skills through making more smaller movies first. And, I happen to be turning that story into a novel, working on it a little bit each day.
We have to get together Matt!
2/28/09 3:13 PM
Matt Thornton

I agree Burt, looking forward to it.

www.straightblastgym.com
3/1/09 3:19 AM
Burton

HugoJKD, post it at the JKDU forum. I am there more often.

I'll see you sometime this year Matt.
3/17/09 1:40 PM
WidespreadPanic

Though Burton (whom I think is great) don't always see eye-to-eye, I must say he definitely has 'Leading Man' chops in this new picture. Well done. ;)

3/21/09 2:15 AM
Burton

Yes, low budget, but I am happy to say that a Hollywood Director friend of mine who has made 30 films viewed it and said that our movie was "A miracle for the money." So, we did very well with what we had.

WidespreadPanic, thank you for the kind words.
9/23/09 7:14 PM
gundoguy

Hey Burton!

Got the movie, watched it and enjoyed it. I was going to buy this dvd when I was in the Philippines, but I knew it was a pirated copy. Funny thing though, when I got back from vacation, my cousin had sent me a copy. Also,asked if I knew you because he'd read an article about you and you'd mentioned something about Hermosa Beach. He knows I'm close and thought I'd studied with you. Anyway, congrats and all the best.
9/24/09 10:08 AM
Scott Elliott

^^Law of attraction in action.
9/24/09 7:22 PM
Burton

Thanks gundoguy. Glad you liked it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.