UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Gran Torino is great!

1/31/09 11:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Thornton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a big Clint Eastwood fan anyway, but took the family to see this today and thought it was fantastic.
2/2/09 6:44 PM
mongrel 911
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He said this was to be his retirement movie. It has been compared to The Shootist, John Waynes last pic.
2/27/09 9:51 AM
Invincible
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was boring.
3/14/09 9:24 PM
FJJ828
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C., Owner
It was excellent.

The barber shop scene cracked me up.
5/14/09 6:09 PM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome movie.
5/16/09 10:42 AM
Mike Sweeney
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just saw it last night and loved it as well.
6/13/09 5:31 PM
wizbang
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just saw it last night.

Loved it.

I liked how at the end I had the exact same point of view as the kid. Obviously what the movies creator had in mind.

I wanted blood, I wanted them all dead, then I wanted everything to be fine after that. But like the old man said, "it doesn't work that way".

Then when the climax happened, I sill wasn't happy (like the kid) but upon reflection realized that what happened was best and my plan would have been much much worse.

I was tricked into misjudging the situation just like one of the characters in the film. That doesn't happen often and I really think they did a great job with it.
6/13/09 5:38 PM
Matt Thornton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great review wizbang. I hadn't though of it that way, but you absolutely right about the plot.
6/19/09 12:22 PM
Juijitsuboxer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This movie was amazing, I watched it twice in two days now. My wife and I have spent lots of time with our elderly grandmother with Alzheimer's and it just hammered home the fact of the family just ignoring and trying to put their father in an old folks home.

Also, I had a best friend who was Cambodian and their two neighbors and friends were also Cambodian. I used to hang out and eat with them all the time, the parents were very old, like grand parents, and this situation just reminded me so much of my time with them.

This movie touched my heart like few ever will.
6/19/09 12:23 PM
Juijitsuboxer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Juijitsuboxer - This movie was amazing, I watched it twice in two days now. My wife and I have spent lots of time with our elderly grandmother with Alzheimer's and it just hammered home the fact of the family just ignoring and trying to put their father in an old folks home.

Also, I had a best friend who was Cambodian and their two neighbors and friends were also Cambodian. I used to hang out and eat with them all the time, the parents were very old, like grand parents, and this situation just reminded me so much of my time with them.

This movie touched my heart like few ever will.

They used to have HUGE parties with all of the family and friends over and it was just like Gran Torino, CRAZY
6/20/09 2:51 AM
Juijitsuboxer

EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS MOVIE. I RANK IT UP THERE WITH SHAWSHANK REMEMPTION

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.