UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> The Edge (movie)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/1/09 11:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Possible Human
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody ever see this movie with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin? I was just going through old DVD's, saw it, and was reminded of this forum. It's not a bad flick about surviving a plane crash in the Alaskan wilderness.
2/1/09 2:43 PM
Todd22

I loved that movie... he was taking anthony hopkins character up there to kill him but he had to keep him alive to survive
2/1/09 8:03 PM
ClayK

The scene with the bear was hardcore.
2/2/09 8:52 AM
Possible Human

I like his whole philosophy of "What one man can do another can do".
2/6/09 5:20 PM
amorphous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love that movie.
2/8/09 4:38 AM
DaleGribbell

lots of cool little pieces of info in that movie, like how you can use a lil bit of gunpowder for seasoning
2/14/09 8:07 PM
B_Goetz

I watched that for the first time not long ago. As someone who takes an interest in the topic, I couldn't help pick it apart.

I was a bit annoyed that Hopkins' character knew about the fairly esoteric method of magnetizing a needle with silk to make a compass, but seemed completely unfamiliar with the shadow stick method of finding direction. Hell, when they were arguing which direction was south, they could have just waited to see which direction the sun rose/set in. They seemed completely mystified about direction throughout the movie.

I know it's necessary to the story, but the idea of a bush pilot flying off somewhere without radioing back to someone where he was going was completely unbelievable.

They should have been able to salvage more from the plane instead of just walking away from it, even with it submerged in the lake. If Anthony Hopkins could swim up from the bottom with a full grown man under his arm, it couldn't have been that deep.

It was an OK movie, but I just kept thinking about everything they were doing wrong.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.