UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> I've created a MONSTER!

2/2/09 11:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Racer X
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, this isn't another "Look at the guitar I made" thread by me.

For Christmas this year I got my 14 year old daughter a drum set. Yamaha,inexpensive,cymbals by Sabian,expensive.

She lost her mind. Jumping up and down, crying, the whole teenager hysterics thing. It was a little scary.

She's taking lessons now and the teacher is asking me if she's already had some lessons and is just sandbagging to look adept. He shows her how to do something new once and she just does it like she's always known how to play drums. I'm so proud.

Clearly a future rock star. I'll let you know when it's a good time to start requesting autographs. ;)

2/2/09 11:59 PM
Fite
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how is the headache situation? seriously that is awesome! i wish i could play the drums
2/3/09 12:16 AM
Racer X
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cleverly arranged for the drums to reside at her mom's house, so the headache inducing practice sessions will leave me unaffected.

I'll wait until we can jam together before I move them back to my place.

* rubs hands together wickedly, seeing his sinister plan come to fruition*
2/3/09 10:09 AM
El_Clap
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rock on. The world needs more drummers.
2/3/09 9:12 PM
wiley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet your wife thinks your the mother that bought her the drum set and not her.

I meant to say, I bet she just keeps repeating to her friends on the phone "That damn MotherFUC*&ER bought her drums."

Thats awesome.
2/4/09 12:56 AM
Axl_Rose
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Racer -

Sorry to hijack your thread...I just need a quick answer.

I have a Seagull 12 String that I'm selling...I can't seem to figure out its age.

Serial number 7246.

Any ideas??
2/4/09 3:29 AM
Racer X

Edited: 02/04/09 4:33 AM
 Sorry Axl, I got nothing on Seagull serial numbers.

Write them at info@seagullguitars.com and I'm sure they'll have a quick answer for you.

2/4/09 4:46 AM
Axl_Rose
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I went ahead and did that before I asked.

I figured you might have some super secret insight into them.
2/4/09 10:44 AM
wiley

Hmmm, I am Canadian and I know exactly how good Seagull's are. I have a Norman (made by Godin family) and it rocks. I was wanting to get a Seagull S6 as a second guitar.

Which Seagull 12 string do you have?

And whereabouts are yah?
2/5/09 5:18 PM
Axl_Rose

I am in Raleigh, NC.

Seagull S-12.

The company just emailed me today.

It's serial number 7246 - Predates the company actually taking records. They started with the 8000's in 1985.

They estimated it to be between 1982-1985.
2/6/09 9:43 AM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha, thats awesome RX - and good thinking not having the drums in your place. As we all know, the band always practices at the drummers house, not because the drums are too hard to move, but because they have the parents dumb enough to let the kid get a drumset.
5/14/09 5:30 PM
screwuguys
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know its many months later, but that's awesome to hear.
6/1/09 11:12 AM
The Hook

Racer X -  No, this isn't another "Look at the guitar I made" thread by me.

For Christmas this year I got my 14 year old daughter a drum set. Yamaha,inexpensive,cymbals by Sabian,expensive.

She lost her mind. Jumping up and down, crying, the whole teenager hysterics thing. It was a little scary.

She's taking lessons now and the teacher is asking me if she's already had some lessons and is just sandbagging to look adept. He shows her how to do something new once and she just does it like she's always known how to play drums. I'm so proud.

Clearly a future rock star. I'll let you know when it's a good time to start requesting autographs. ;)

Sounds just like my little brother. He shows up for his first lesson and sits down and starts playing. They teacher asked him where he took lessons before.

His next drum teacher was an awesome guy that really got him rocking the double bass and doing some cool stick twirls and stuff.

That guy was so amazed that he could play the way he did and he was so little.

My brother was 12 and was only about 4'6. He graduated high school at 5 feet and is now around 5'6.

When he played, you couldn't see his head above the kit, just sticks twirling and cymbals crashing.
6/5/09 10:59 PM
The Hook

Here's my brother's kid at 5 months! If he has any natural ability like my brother, this kid will be rocking before he's in school.

6/6/09 2:40 AM
Racer X

She's still playing, but end of the school year is pushing lessons out for now. I'm sure there will be some summer rockin'.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.