UnderGround Forums

RugbyGround >> 6 nations begins Saturday

2/5/09 3:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fingers 'n' teeth
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be a good tourney.

Scotland are improving and should be a good spoiler team in their home games, but France and England away might be too much for them.

France, England and Ireland who usually lead the pack are all struggling with selection inconsistancies and thus find themselves competitng for mid table seedings.
Each team has the talent but need to find their game. England are woefull without confidence and they don't have much at the moment. Ireland were dissapointing in the autum tests and need improve sharply.
The french are slightly below par but are never to be counted out. Settling on a half back partnership will be key.
France v Ireland this weekend will be huge. The winner of that match has to vault to the top of the table.

Italy are a spoiler team at best. Here's hoping the get a win.

Wales lead the pack with the only 'big 3' southern hemisphere scalp in the autum against Australia. A very close loss to South Africa and a brave performance against NZ puts a weight of expectation on the team from Wales public. A much more stable selection base and competition for spots high together with last years GS and autum performances puts Wales as the favorite.
Wales are possibly knocking on the door of strong few years leading up to the WC but face a potential Banana Skin away at Scotland this weekend. Murrayfield is unforgiving.
With the other big Away matche v France its a tall order for them to repeat GS. Saturdays match will test them.

can't wait.
2/10/09 2:40 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here's hoping!!
1/24/11 4:54 PM
the islander
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/26/11 4:12 PM
seg
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/30/11 2:46 PM
seg
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get one match a week on BBC America beginning this Saturday.  This week's offering is France v. Scotland.

Anyone know of a method in the States to see the other matches?
1/31/11 1:28 AM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seg-  where i live there are lots of ex-pats so a few brit pubs put the games on...not sure what channel its on tho

2/2/11 12:37 PM
LordSeano
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seg -  

Has he just seen a big, black cock off camera?
2/3/11 12:48 PM
seg

LordSeano - 
seg -  

Has he just seen a big, black cock off camera?
LOL, I forgot about that.  Actually, I think he just saw this.

2/3/11 1:58 PM
LordSeano
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol did you hear that Mickey Rourke is going to play Gareth Thomas in a biopic?

Hilarious.

I am not quite sure how a roid-bloated 60 yr old is going to pull off playing Gareth Thomas
2/4/11 6:44 PM
BaldTony
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably best not to use the words pull off & Gareth Thomas in the same sentence.
2/6/11 12:12 PM
seg

Looks like it's all over.  Just award England the Grand Slam and move on to the World Cup
2/8/11 3:00 PM
fingers 'n' teeth

England will beat France?

They might not get passed Scotland.

Wales will struggle against everyone, no confidence and not enough solidity in the selections. They've put Hook at 10 for Scotland and he hasn't started there all year.

I didn't think you reduced yourself to watching northen hemisphere rugny, Seg.
2/8/11 5:08 PM
seg

fingers 'n' teeth - England will beat France?

They might not get passed Scotland.

Wales will struggle against everyone, no confidence and not enough solidity in the selections. They've put Hook at 10 for Scotland and he hasn't started there all year.

I didn't think you reduced yourself to watching northen hemisphere rugny, Seg.

LOL.

Don't let the facts interfere with my trolling.  This forum is a little slow, I just try to spice it up a little.
2/9/11 5:11 PM
LordSeano

Lol fingers dont be bitter.

There is no reason to suggest any team is a favourite or a donkey after that first week.

Of the three favourites France let the jocks put 20 pts on them at home, England stuttered against a weak welsh side and ireland scraped past italy.
2/9/11 7:08 PM
fingers 'n' teeth

bitter?

I just questioned whether England would get passed France. There is no bitterness (pther than the usual when Wales loses to England)

BTW, the welsh side is not 'weak' as far as Wales goes.
They were missing their front row which is not a small occlusion but they still had pretty much a full complement of Backs (jon davies is set to be a main stay with his current form). The team just didn't fire and that really doesn't bode well for the rest of the year.

If they can't rise to the old enemy at home its gonna be painful when they play both their bogey teams (Samoa AND Fiji) on the otherside of the planet.

Here's hoping its just time for a few new partnerships to settle.

Scotland away is gonna be harsh seeing as Scotland seem to be gaining confidence.
2/12/11 1:08 PM
LordSeano

England looked pretty good. Hard to tell with Italy as they can look decent one week and shocking the next
2/12/11 2:21 PM
seg

Considering England's best player, Alex Corbisiero, is an American, I don't see how they get beat.
2/12/11 4:34 PM
LordSeano

Its true - with a true Eye-talian American up front I don't see how we can lose.
2/12/11 5:59 PM
seg

LordSeano knows his rugby
2/12/11 6:16 PM
LordSeano

I am looking forward to Corbisiero introducing a proper skin care and pre-match pump routine to the England set-up
2/13/11 4:21 PM
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LordSeano - Its true - with a true Eye-talian American up front I don't see how we can lose.

Don't forget New Zealand Rugby League rejects like Shontayne Hape and Lesley Vainikolo or Super14 rejects like Riki Flutey who are apparently better than the players England can produce domestically.
2/14/11 6:48 AM
LordSeano

It's true.

England's winning and success culture, focused around the world cup, has the ability to bring out the best in formally underachieving players not suited to the mentally weak set up of New Zealand domestic rugby and its neuroses associated with their repeat choking to northern hemisphere teams when their dicks are on the line.
2/14/11 7:25 AM
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

England's win rate against New Zealand: 17%

Number of times England has beaten New Zealand in World Cup matches: ZERO

Number of times New Zealand has beaten England in World Cup matches: THREE

LOL!
2/14/11 9:47 AM
seg

Isn't NZ's entire side basically composed of Fijians and Samoans?
2/14/11 3:03 PM
LordSeano

Squatdog - England's win rate against New Zealand: 17%

Number of times England has beaten New Zealand in World Cup matches: ZERO

Number of times New Zealand has beaten England in World Cup matches: THREE

LOL!

Percentage New Zealand has made a world cup final in last 10 years = ZERO PERCENT

Percentage England has made a world cup final in the last 10 years = 100 PERCENT

England's conversion ratio of pre-tourney favourites to eventual winners = 100%

New Zealand's conversion ratio of pre-tourney favourites to eventual winners = 20% (also known as the choking ratio)

Stop living in the past Squattie and get with the times.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.