UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Shameless Plug For Friend

2/5/09 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
How_Taste_GSPeePee
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A friend of mine has been wriitng for a while now. He has travelled extensively hoping to gather experience to benefit the writing. His first full length feature came out last year (possibly year before). The US launch will be April 4th. The party is actually in Brooklyn. Barbes 376 9th st. I guess there will be some kind of band and he will have a reading. I'm just trying to put a little more of a word out there if you're interested.

The name of the book is Show Me the Sky, by Nicholas Hogg.
2/6/09 11:17 AM
Willybone
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool. What kind of writing? Non-fiction, some kind of travel/journey story?
2/6/09 11:26 AM
How_Taste_GSPeePee
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a terrible friend. He told me about it and I still ahven't bought it. It's fiction. I believe it tells a story about the importance of reading in a persons life but it boils down to a detective looking for a bad guy. It's headier than what I've explained.
9/11/09 1:38 PM
cycklops

I started reading it a while back. I got about halfway through unfortunately. He's meshing three stories together, maybe 4, and trying to tie them together at the end.

A detective is looking for a world famous rock star that just up and disappeared one day. The las thing known about him was he was reading a book named Show Me the Sky. So this detective is trying to do what he can to find him and in the process has lost his marriage and is becoming disconnected with his daughter etc.

There's also a flashback to some boat excursion from the 1800's and you read their log. Itsomehow ties into present day Australia and the trail to this rock star guy.

All of the reviews said "a very ambitious first novel."

I found it cool that he thanked me in the credits for "having a life worth writing about and allowing him to do so."

You can go to NicholasHogg.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.