UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Using a switch to stop a double leg

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/7/09 8:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChrisPayne
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/07/09 8:37 AM

Anyone out there use a switch to stop a double leg? I use to train with a guy that did it all the time, if he got caught in a deep double he would sit down as he put in the switch and then started scooting his hips out.

What made me think of it was Kim hitting a similar move from the feet on Parisyan in UFC 94. Anyone out there use this move? Do you have any pointers on how to develop it?

http://www.ufcfight.com/.a/6a00d83547dc3853ef0105370077a6970b-pi
2/7/09 10:37 PM
nowaydo
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've used it for years.

I call it a "Power Switch".

Pointers?

...sprawl, keeping hip pressure, reach over and across his back, get a good deep grip in his inner thigh (example...your right hand in his right inner thigh), and "arch"!!!!!!!!
3/23/09 5:17 PM
wrestlerguy04
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A good wrestler is gonna elevate your legs or leg and take you to your back..better to do is while on your feet..push the head from outside to inside..that makes the attacker mmost likely switch to a single and its easier for you to get a whizzer..then from there easier to sprawl..and easier to get out..
3/26/09 5:29 PM
benzobrace
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

use it & teach it
3/29/09 3:37 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the reasons why I teach my guys to finish the double leg passing fully into side control or back control position.

5/22/09 4:02 AM
SPROUT
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I especially like to do this against a cage where it is hard to sprawl..even getting underhooks or trying to wizzer doesn't seem to help much against a guy determined to get your legs so sometimes I commit to leaning over the body and going under the leg standing and hit it hard to get momentum..works a lot..but I consider it a last ditch kinda thing... SPROUT
10/18/09 11:28 AM
bbomber
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed wrestlerguy.  I think a good switch is an essential thing to have in your repetroire but it works better against a high crothc or head outside single.  Against guys with really good doubles you will often find yourself giving up backpoints trying to switch.
10/18/09 7:42 PM
GladiatorGannon
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

benzobrace - use it & teach it

Cool, a step by step technical breakdown please.
10/19/09 4:11 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you are both in an orthodox boxing stance and he is shooting a double his head will be under your left arm and his hands wrapped around you legs naturally.

To hit a swtich from here,  reach your left arm down  and hook the back of his right thigh (nearest leg to your centerline) arm inside, palm facing you, cupping the back of his leg.

Now think of this like an arm drag. You're going to pull him to you as you lean your left shoulder into him and turn into him. Simultaneously try to move your feet back behind you.

12/3/09 5:46 AM
WrestlingSucks
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cross face w/ a whizzer, if he switches to a single, the switch will be very open during the transition
2/2/10 2:44 PM
Twinkle Toes
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love that move. Guys in my BJJ class don't know what hit them with this one. They don't recognize a switch at all...much less hitting it from them going for a double.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.