UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Aleksander Emelianenko the unluckiest fighter?

2/7/09 4:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Good Natured Cat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking about this earlier today and remembered some fights that were SUPPOSED to happen for him, but fell apart for various reasons.

Josh Barnett rematch. This fight was supposed to happen in Sengoku in early 2008, Aleksander was even training for it but Josh declined and instead fought Yoshida.

Gilbert Yvel. This was supposed to happen in 2H2H in late 2006. Yvel pulled out at the last minute and Aleksander instead fought Werdum on one days notice.

Bigfoot Silva. Supposed to happen in Bodog, but Bigfoot got unexpecadely KO'ed by Eric Pele. Aleksander fought Pele instead, KO'ing him cold.

Mark Hunt. All but official for Pride in 06.

Jeff Monson. Supposed to happen in Canada in late 07. Monson pulled out and Aleksander instead defeated Bobish.

Paul Buentello. Supposed to happen in 08. Corrupt California athletic commision blocked it.

Tim Sylvia. Would have been Aleksander's 2nd fight in Affliction.

Andrei Arlovski. Prolly would have been his 3rd Affliction fight. Preparing for it now.

Aleksander has gotta be the unluckiest fighter in all of MMA. He could be champ right now, he just needs the fights to get it done.
2/7/09 5:01 PM
solidsnake
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does he really have hepatitis or some other blood issues?
2/7/09 5:06 PM
Mad Xyientist
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.....I did an "unluckiest fighters" list. I put Aleks at #7:

Unluckiest Fighters Rankings
2/7/09 5:06 PM
Good Natured Cat

solidsnake - Does he really have hepatitis or some other blood issues?

he has no blood disease at all. It was all started by a troll as misinformation, the amateurs that call themselves MMA media lached onto to it becuase they are dumb and unprofessional

Aleksander has fought since all that BS started. He is fine and continues to fight
2/7/09 5:07 PM
voorhees

Good Natured Cat - I was thinking about this earlier today and remembered some fights that were SUPPOSED to happen for him, but fell apart for various reasons.

Josh Barnett rematch. This fight was supposed to happen in Sengoku in early 2008, Aleksander was even training for it but Josh declined and instead fought Yoshida.

Gilbert Yvel. This was supposed to happen in 2H2H in late 2006. Yvel pulled out at the last minute and Aleksander instead fought Werdum on one days notice.

Bigfoot Silva. Supposed to happen in Bodog, but Bigfoot got unexpecadely KO'ed by Eric Pele. Aleksander fought Pele instead, KO'ing him cold.

Jeff Monson. Supposed to happen in Canada in late 07. Monson pulled out and Aleksander instead defeated Bobish.

Paul Buentello. Supposed to happen in 08. Corrupt California athletic commision blocked it.

Andrei Arlovski. Prolly would have been his 3rd Affliction fight. Preparing for it now.

Aleksander has gotta be the unluckiest fighter in all of MMA. He could be champ right now, he just needs the fights to get it done.

What is so "unlucky" about all of that?
2/7/09 5:09 PM
Good Natured Cat

Mad Xyientist - LOL.....I did an "unluckiest fighters" list. I put Aleks at #7:

Unluckiest Fighters Rankings

Aleksander should be #1 on the list, plus your reasons were awful
2/7/09 5:09 PM
voorhees

Besides,what would he have done by now IYO?Fought and beat his brother for the title?
2/7/09 5:27 PM
B_Goetz

I'd put Sam Vasquez at #1. It doesn't get much more unlucky than that.
2/7/09 5:28 PM
voorhees

Mikey Burnett IMO.
2/7/09 5:30 PM
Good Natured Cat

B_Goetz - I'd put Sam Vasquez at #1. It doesn't get much more unlucky than that.

low class to joke about that shit, bro
2/7/09 5:39 PM
B_Goetz

Good Natured Cat - 
B_Goetz - I'd put Sam Vasquez at #1. It doesn't get much more unlucky than that.

low class to joke about that shit, bro

Who is joking? You said a guy who has his health and is a millionaire is the unluckiest fighter. Sam Vasquez was unlucky enough to be the only fighter in the history of the sport to lose his life in the ring without having a pre-existing health condition.

Frankly, I think you're feigning that reaction to cover for how poorly thought out your thread is. There are many, many more unlucky fighters than Aleks.
2/7/09 5:44 PM
Good Natured Cat

B_Goetz - 
Who is joking? You said a guy who has his health and is a millionaire is the unluckiest fighter. Sam Vasquez was unlucky enough to be the only fighter in the history of the sport to lose his life in the ring without having a pre-existing health condition.

Frankly, I think you're feigning that reaction to cover for how poorly thought out your thread is. There are many, many more unlucky fighters than Aleks.

You wanna go death route then im sure there are many fighters who could be on "unlucky" lists. Many fighters have died. Even a few within the last several months

You are derailing the thread soriginal intent, like a troll. You are a scumbag to use such things as trolling. Get the hell outta my thread.
2/7/09 5:49 PM
B_Goetz

After rereading your original post, I can only assume that by "unluckiest fighter" you mean the fighter who has suffered the greatest number of minor setbacks in his career.

Your inability to articulate this narrow and irrelevant line of inquiry does not constitute trolling on my part.
2/7/09 5:51 PM
Good Natured Cat

use all the purple diction you want, bro

i see thru you like a glass window.
2/7/09 5:56 PM
Mad Xyientist
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As opposed to a sheet metal window
2/9/09 12:16 AM
Ethan Boyle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/9/09 3:51 AM
harderthanever

Mad Xyientist good one made me spit my cereal over the laptop. Good natured cat has good point though.
2/9/09 4:06 AM
Grakman

The guy tries to make an interesting thread about Aleks and we start arguing over the definition of what it means to be unlucky? Anybody want to roll out the starving kids in China yet or perhaps all the Iraqi kids hurt in the war?

Chingow.

Good thread by the Mad Xyientist btw.
2/9/09 5:30 AM
Naughty Gorilla

Not "unlucky" either he's overbooked or a lot of people DUCKING HIM
2/9/09 6:12 AM
nyhcloyalty
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pete Sell.
2/9/09 7:04 AM
CindyO

Mad Xyientist -  As opposed to a sheet metal window

ROFLMAO!!!!

Cindy

2/9/09 7:05 AM
CindyO

harderthanever - Mad Xyientist good one made me spit my cereal over the laptop. Good natured cat has good point though.

Unlucky Charms???

Cindy
2/9/09 7:48 AM
Josh Barnett
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Natured Cat - I was thinking about this earlier today and remembered some fights that were SUPPOSED to happen for him, but fell apart for various reasons.

Aleks was never offered a fight against me in Sengoku. In fact I have have never been offered Aleks as an opponent since our fight in PRIDE..not once. NEVER. People either need to a) Stop lying or b) get the facts straight.

As for having a blood disease, like hepatitis, one of the Red Devil trainers said it was so in a vid interview recently. Fighting in another country where the testing was not as strict or non-existant does mean he is not infected with some sort of blood disease. His large amount of tattoo work could easliy be a culprit for such an instance.

Also for the record the main event for the 1st Sengoku card was always - me vs. Yoshida. It was never any other bout nor any different opponents. Not Roger, not Aleks or whoever else someone makes up.

Josh
2/9/09 8:13 AM

Josh, thanks for your input. How do you feel you match up against Fedor? What would your game plan against him be?
2/9/09 8:34 AM
Animal Chin
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

josh has been righting a lot of wrong about him on the ug lately.

early candidate for lurker of the year?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.