UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Divorce Question

2/8/09 6:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my mom married somewhat of a douche bag about 9 years ago. she was widowed and lonely so i give her a pass.

anyway, he's disabled and therefore hasn't worked in years. he gets $4k/month in disability/s.s. plus he has a "nest egg" of about $400K in a savings acct (his name). they also own a home together (valued at about $250K) with both names on the deed.

they are divorcing because my mom discovered he's a con artist / fraud / cheat. in order to protect his assets, he is accusing my mom of using a credit card of his without his knowledge during their marriage. he says he'll take the debt if she walks with nothing. if she pursues more (equity, % of nest egg, etc.), he'll file criminal charges against her.

he has statements showing nail salons, women's clothing stores, etc. the total of these charges comes to about $20K (all over the course of the 9 year marriage). minimum payments were being made so the balance on the card is $20K. he claims he was somehow unaware of these charges and the card itself. he claims my mom always received the mail, paid the bills, etc.

i'm not an attorney, but we live in a community property state so i thought that what's his (credit card) is hers. i see wives use their husbands credit cards all the time. i feel he's grasping and trying to scare her, but i don't want her to get into trouble.

opinions??
2/8/09 7:44 PM
jbapk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"opinions??"

He's full of shit, and is trying to bluff your mom into giving up her rightful share. Tell her to lawyer up ASAP, and let the lawyer handle communications with husband from now on.
2/8/09 10:08 PM
GladiatorGannon
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the judge will see right through it and tell him to cut the shit.
2/8/09 10:08 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/09 10:08 PM
Tell her to kill him, but don't stage a killing. Instead, stage a "disappearance." 24-48 hours after he dissappears have her report him missing. You should be her alibi for the time period he went missing. From there, tell her not to hide the body, but to take it into a very remote location and blow it up with dynamite. Two sticks in the mouth. One has to go all the way into the throat. Two sticks up the ass. Stand back. Throw any large remaining chunks of flesh into a river with a current. Not a stationary body of water. You want the flesh to go downstream. Also, forensic evidence should be kept to a minimum. As such, shooting and stabbing are out of the question. She should kill him with some type of poison. That way there is no blood in the area of the kill. She should also use another car when going into the remote area as to throw the police off with tire tracks. She will also need to burn the clothes that she wore for the "disposal." Just incase some type of mist got onto her. Good luck.
2/8/09 10:12 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The preceeding statement is for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
2/9/09 10:32 AM
seg
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a divorce attorney, but I think he's full of shit. 

Nonetheless, she needs to get an attorney that specializes in divorce.

2/9/09 6:43 PM
Fake Pie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell her to get a lawyer.
2/9/09 8:39 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i got her hooked up with a good / recommended divorce attorney.

thanks for the solid advice and info.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.