UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Swollen Elbow Bursa question

2/9/09 11:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lurken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a swollen elbow bursa that is due to having MRSA in that arm. I cant get in touch with my Doc. The MRSA is dryed up and gone on the skin. I have been on anti biotics for a month and a half.

Anybody had this? does the swelling go away eventually? Does it require draining? Do hot and cold treatments work for this? Do anti inflammatorys work for this?

tks in advance
2/10/09 2:39 PM
ChangoBravo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you are sue that the MRSA is gone, continue on your antibiotic regimine(until completed)and then treat like bursitis.

If there is any chance you still have MRSA, get your doc to I&D and culture.

As you mentioned anti inflammatories and hot and cold packs should provide relief.

Chango
2/13/09 11:35 AM
Lurken

It finally went away. the swelling that is. What is weird is how great i feel now. i had been real tired in the evenings. I guess fighting the infection was taking its toll. they told me to not lift weights with it until one full week after completing med regimen.

I found out they sometime they surgically remove the bursa when it contains infection. A new one can regenerate.
2/21/09 3:18 PM
rvboy

Had that. Amazing how fast the pain and swelling started. Woke up in the morning with it. By 10:00 am elbow hot and red and 3 times the size. Doctors concerned about super bug. took the anitbiotics for 2 weeks. Swelling took a month to go away.
2/27/09 10:27 AM
Lurken

Yes sir. it is some bad stuff. All the swelling gone now. still a little odd colored and tingles. Im guessing there is a little muscle damage.

They told me I could start lifting in a week.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.