UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Suzuki GS500

2/11/09 11:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnDaMat
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm looking at one as my first road bike and thought I'd sound out the MotorGround first. I've ridden off road a bit but this will be my first foray into the world of road riding.

I live in Australia so I want something that will be good around the city but is comfortable on longer trips. The one I am looking at is a naked and is reasonably priced compared to other models.

500ccs seems to be an ok place to start as a relative novice but I am happy to be proven wrong!

Opinions?

Cheers,
ODM
2/13/09 9:24 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The GS500 is a very good choice for a started bike. You can also 'fighter' it out a little bit so it looks meaner. Bar end mirrors, dual headlights up front, smaller dot or arrow style indicators, maybe a black rattlecan paintjob if its a used/beat up bike.... Good to go!
2/15/09 7:23 PM
OnDaMat
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice! It's nice to have some sage advice given the sheer range of bikes out there to chose from.

I rode my mate's GS500 for about an hour over the weekend and it felt 'right'.

Looking forward to getting out there on the roads with my own one!

cheers,
ODM
7/6/09 1:53 PM
Atecexa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the motors on those things are rock solid too, good bike overall and very easy to find parts for as there have been about 456,789,989 sold
7/14/09 2:04 AM
White347LX
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't go wrong with a Suzuki of any sort, IMO. They've never made junk and their models are usually top or near the top of the class.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.