UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can Tickling be harnessed in MMA?

12/8/11 2:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1st Rnd KO
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted Up.  Still laughing.
12/8/11 2:45 PM
KimboByGhettoplex
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOAW = genius, and he proves it again

LOAW : hilarity :: King BLAF : fuck fucking fuckety ass fuck
12/8/11 4:09 PM
Gin Tonic
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up!

Not only is this thread hilarious... but most likely a viable technique.
12/8/11 6:19 PM
Zaph
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This topic may have been done before, but it was never presented with this much flair. Well done, OP. Phone Post
12/8/11 6:20 PM
Zaph
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarlyPersianNoob -
Chuckles - WoW, we have a late entry for thread of the year!

Ticklefighting is the future!!

This thread was made in 2009.
Oops, I guess I also fell victim to a late bump. Phone Post
12/8/11 6:39 PM
tripleBAK
728 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have tears I my eyes from laughing so f'ing hard .. :"D Phone Post
12/8/11 6:42 PM
MountainMedic
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarlyPersianNoob -
Chuckles - WoW, we have a late entry for thread of the year!

Ticklefighting is the future!!

This thread was made in 2009.
Ok, incredibly early entry Phone Post
12/8/11 6:45 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

macman1000 -  Well im hoping nobody ever does this to me because im so ticklish that i might tap.
God damn dude me too. As stupid as this is id be literally useless if I got pinned and tickled Phone Post
12/8/11 6:48 PM
Grendelplata
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
12/8/11 6:56 PM
FryedTakayama
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahahaha!!! Phone Post
12/8/11 7:34 PM
manzuri
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

explodingboy - The opinion I formed of this thread solely from reading the title has been completely reversed by its content. Good work.
. Phone Post
12/8/11 7:38 PM
Floppy Divac
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hahaha, awesome
12/8/11 7:56 PM
Uncle Creepy
1367 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to have to try this, I dont know If people are ticklish in that situation but I'm definitely gonna give it a try in my next fight hahahahaha Phone Post
12/8/11 7:56 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale -

Tickle - Jitsu

Do you think anyone would ever try to tickle their opponent and use it as a strategy in MMA?

For instance when you are in the clinch, sometimes its tough to get the opponent down. You have the underhooks in but their centre of gravity is solid. What if someone were to tickle their opponent a little and then boom, go in for the takedown? It would look fruity as hell but if you are running out of options in the fight it just might work.

Or say you pull guard. The opponent is raining down punches from above and you are having trouble getting up. What if you put your knees in a rubber guard fashion, tickled and then got up in a move similar to what GSP called Hip Eyes. Where BJ uses his feet to push off the opponents knees.

Or would just the though of tickling another guy be so fruity that even though its perfectly legal (i think) it would be frowned upon by fans and sponsors?

I think im on to something. Or ive completely lost it and need to see a psychiatrist.

THE END

Full mount achieved from guard position.      
This is the funniest thing I've ever read Phone Post
12/8/11 8:08 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LatinAssassinMMA -
Finley - Sometimes i'll pull guard on my girlfriend for fun, and she'll tickle me to get out of it. Shit works like a charm.

My wife does the same thing and I always wonder if in a fight I'd still be ticklish due to adrenaline.
Same here. Wifey does that to stop me trying moves. I wonder the same thing. If you're ticklish during a fight then that's trouble.

You'd feel like an idiot attempting the tickle though, it doesn't work and you get laid out. "that fag was trying to tickle me before I knocked him out, he was even saying tickle tickle tickle as he attempted it!?" Phone Post
12/8/11 8:18 PM
JudoMo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i lol'd
12/8/11 9:36 PM
lookoutawhale
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen -  This is something I've wondered, but never had the nerve to ask someone out loud.

exactly. society has remained quiet on this issue for far too long. it was time for someone to step up and ask the tough questions that needed to be asked with no fear of being ostracised from the anti-tickle community. and now the people are coming out of the woodworks to support this revolution.

Jobe Watson the Bomber - You'd feel like an idiot attempting the tickle though, it doesn't work and you get laid out. "that fag was trying to tickle me before I knocked him out, he was even saying tickle tickle tickle as he attempted it!?" Phone Post

saying "tickle tickle tickle" while attempting this might be the thing that takes tickle-jitsu to that next level.
12/8/11 9:39 PM
lookoutawhale
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter -  i would think that a judicious application of the old 'wet willy' could be devastating- such as when an opponent is defending the RNC.

it could work and im ready to make a diagram after I speak to the dojo about this.

There are some concerns this might fall under the "small joint manipulation" ban that UFC has but if someone wins with a wet willy it will be something the courts can argue over post fight.

12/8/11 9:41 PM
lookoutawhale

"if harnessed properly, tickling could cause the end of the world as we know it"

July 8, 1845
Winston Churchill
Liverpool, England

12/8/11 9:46 PM
UberKnee
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet you just watched news radio where joe fights andy dick in an mma fight but gets tickeled to submission Phone Post
12/8/11 9:57 PM
unfilter
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale -  "if harnessed properly, tickling could cause the end of the world as we know it"

July 8, 1845
Winston Churchill
Liverpool, England

12/8/11 10:05 PM
lookoutawhale

UberKnee -  I bet you just watched news radio where joe fights andy dick in an mma fight but gets tickeled to submission Phone Post

this thread is 3 years old and the probability is that the show stole the idea from me. and because of this my tickle-jitsu students and I may have to dojo storm the news radio headquarters.
12/8/11 11:05 PM
1st Rnd KO
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is awesome.  How can I post those gifs on facebook?
12/8/11 11:14 PM
Smug Sapien
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be funny to see a stoppage due to tickling. I can imagine a fighter tickling someone to the point where they couldn't intelligently defend themselves and they are all curled up in a ball laughing. The ref finally decides they've had enough.

Then it would be even funnier to see Bruce Buffer announce it afterwards.
12/8/11 11:36 PM
FryedTakayama
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smug Sapien - I would be funny to see a stoppage due to tickling. I can imagine a fighter tickling someone to the point where they couldn't intelligently defend themselves and they are all curled up in a ball laughing. The ref finally decides they've had enough.

Then it would be even funnier to see Bruce Buffer announce it afterwards.
I just hope no one does it to John Dodson..... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.