UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can Tickling be harnessed in MMA?

12/8/11 11:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smug Sapien - I would be funny to see a stoppage due to tickling. I can imagine a fighter tickling someone to the point where they couldn't intelligently defend themselves and they are all curled up in a ball laughing. The ref finally decides they've had enough.

Then it would be even funnier to see Bruce Buffer announce it afterwards.
I just hope no one does it to John Dodson..... Phone Post
12/9/11 12:09 AM
GodSaveTheReem
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestBuiltAMountain - 
Finley - Sometimes i'll pull guard on my girlfriend for fun, and she'll tickle me to get out of it. Shit works like a charm.

That's the gayest thing I've ever read on this forum.

dude, I just made my girl read this thread and she laughed her ass cause we do that exact same thing...
and it is so gay that some guys here get laid, we should be ashamed
12/9/11 12:13 AM
SlightlyStoopid
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife has asked me this question many times since shes started watching the fights with me. I always just laugh and say no one would do that, but I guess its not technically illegal. Phone Post
12/9/11 12:44 AM
Lunchbox101
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Literally almost died laughing... Thank you, sir. I needed that.
12/9/11 1:06 AM
The Sultan
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It would look fruity as hell but if you are running out of options in the fight it just might work."

Yes, it is fruity as fucking hell.  I'll never run around tickling another man, legal or not and I don't want a grown ass man touching me like that either.
12/9/11 1:13 AM
chuckles1
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL! Phone Post
12/9/11 1:23 AM
unfilter
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/11 1:22 AM
 i came to fight < he came to grapple < sumbitch got tickled

12/9/11 1:26 AM
lookoutawhale
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tap In - 
lookoutawhale - 
UberKnee -  I bet you just watched news radio where joe fights andy dick in an mma fight but gets tickeled to submission Phone Post

this thread is 3 years old and the probability is that the show stole the idea from me. and because of this my tickle-jitsu students and I may have to dojo storm the news radio headquarters.

NewsRadio (TV Series 1995–1999) 

Figured as much so. Their dojo was closed down when me and the boys went there.
12/9/11 1:27 AM
Jei
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is everything you post hilarious.

I am impress Phone Post
12/9/11 1:48 AM
lookoutawhale
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlahBreh - 
The Sultan -  "It would look fruity as hell but if you are running out of options in the fight it just might work."

Yes, it is fruity as fucking hell.  I'll never run around tickling another man, legal or not and I don't want a grown ass man touching me like that either.
Ya but who ru? With a 4-2 record maybe u should be open to TJJ (tickle jiu jitsu)!! U haven't fought in 3 years u should take this time to learn the tickle technique. Phone Post
One of my top students BlahBreh is speaking the truth here. The Sultan i want you to show up to our dojo and ill give you a TJJ Gi. It has the armpits cut out. Its how we test armpit tickle thresholds.

The difference between you becoming UFC champion and being let go by the company could come down to a single tickle that could change your destiny. Put your pride aside and put on the pitless Gi.
12/9/11 1:21 PM
bhealthy

I thought this strategy went outta style after Koscheck said he was gonna motorboat GSPs ass. it didnt tickle enough to slow down that j-jab
12/9/11 3:37 PM
Grendelplata
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is all of this centered around the armpits? I can think of several other applications, as well. Like what? Thanks for asking!

When on the bottom, the rib tickle to sweep, to side mount

The knee bar / leg lock to bottom of foot tickle (seriously, who wouldn't tap?)

When on the losing end of Muay Thai clinch: knee grab to knee tickle to takedown

Amirite? Phone Post
12/9/11 3:47 PM
Gin Tonic
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anyone confirm that Machida has viewed this thread? I think the "clinch tickle" technique, illustrated by number 8, will be helpful for tomorrow. 

I think if he can target Jones's ribs with a good index finger or two, might be the difference between getting his face elbowed or stuffing the takedown.

12/9/11 4:18 PM
FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you got your opponents back but unable to sink in the choke, a good tickling would open that right up. Phone Post
12/9/11 5:54 PM
Grendelplata
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FryedTakayama - If you got your opponents back but unable to sink in the choke, a good tickling would open that right up. Phone Post
Or if someone has your back then defend with one arm and knee tickle with the other

Getting choked out --> knee tickle --> full mount

[troll face] Phone Post
12/10/11 2:39 PM
lookoutawhale

MarlyPersianNoob -  What program did you use?

Your GIFs look so wacky and funny

heh thanks. i used imageready. it was a half ass quick photoshop job i did so their faces look all screwed up. 
12/10/11 3:19 PM
SkipsBitch
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

erik Paulson briefly mentions tickling as a strategy in this interview:

12/10/11 3:26 PM
dazed1
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol great post op Phone Post
12/10/11 5:34 PM
lookoutawhale

Grendelplata -  Why is all of this centered around the armpits? I can think of several other applications, as well. Like what? Thanks for asking!

When on the bottom, the rib tickle to sweep, to side mount

The knee bar / leg lock to bottom of foot tickle (seriously, who wouldn't tap?)

When on the losing end of Muay Thai clinch: knee grab to knee tickle to takedown

Amirite? Phone Post
*high 5's grendeplata*

that idea is magical!

I hope today at UFC 140 some of the things we have been talking about will be used. A student at my dojo emailed Blackhouse to give Rogerio a tip on how to beat tito via tickle bar but a reply email was not returned.

12/14/11 3:27 PM
lookoutawhale

unforunately, tickling was not used at ufc 140 =(
12/14/11 3:34 PM
kryptikal

Wait, you guys have these posts all over the main page, plus like 200 accounts (probably like 3 people on duplicates) all spamming JUST to be annonying, PLUS the mods don't actually ban those people because they pay monthly for features that EVERY other forum offers for free?....

And you guys talk shit on other forums why????????????

If sherdog is shitdog then the ug stands for utter garbage. At least the "shitty" sites have proper features that you don't have to pay for and they have moderators who properly moderate forums. Sure there's trolls but I'd love to see a proper analysis done. I guarantee there is 25% more troll/spam/trash threads on this place than anywhere else.

I figured since you guys act like fighters are on here all the time that it wasn't just a place for the 12 year old mods and their e-friends to come and act like morons.
12/19/11 4:45 AM
Grendelplata

Am I still in the tickling thread? Phone Post
12/19/11 4:30 PM
bhealthy

it didnt work very well for phael against anderson
12/19/11 4:43 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes me legitimately wonder if you would even feel it because of adrenaline???

Funny thread though. VTFU if I could lol. Phone Post
12/19/11 8:41 PM
ender852
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

loukoutawhale = GOAT

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.