UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Going to Hawaii next month

2/13/09 11:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MetaDevil
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/09 12:05 PM

Unfortunately, the powers that be at work decided that I just had to go Oahu and Maui for two weeks next month. In March. Ugh. I'm going to miss the snow and cold, but oh well, I have to fulfill my obligation to the office.

Anyway, I know that there are a couple of members of the Housewifeground that know what's what when it comes to food on the island and I'd like recommendations for some great places to eat while I'm out there. Any local favorites, best local foods, out of this world sushi joints, please post. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Hawaiian cuisine and local faves.

Thanks in advance!

*Edited to add that I have looked through the FCTV Ramen thread and think that the Ninniku Ya Garlic House is definitely on the list of places to go.
2/15/09 5:25 AM
junon
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ask this in the Hawaii Ground under the state forums.

its a highly active forum so youll get a bunch of responses.
2/17/09 3:05 PM
drunkenfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCTV & Moke are your friends . . . listen to what they have to say.
2/17/09 7:30 PM
Mullet @ Heart
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best food I had while I was in Hawaii was at Cheeseburger Waikiki, and at roadside shrimp stands.
2/18/09 11:19 AM
CR1chard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/09 11:46 AM
 Roadside shrimp stands are awesome. Me and my boys also frequented a tiny ramen shop near Waikiki that was awesome and cheap - best gyoza I've ever had.

2/21/09 4:45 AM
junon
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mullet @ Heart - Best food I had while I was in Hawaii was at Cheeseburger Waikiki, and at roadside shrimp stands.

never bothered going there.

did you just eat burgers?

did you try Teddy's Bigger Burger which is about a block away?

Teddy's is my favorite.
2/21/09 7:06 AM
Touched by an Uncle
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

burgers you can get anywhere try the local food
2/21/09 10:35 AM
Mullet @ Heart
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junon - did you just eat burgers?

Yup. Burgers and fries.

junon - did you try Teddy's Bigger Burger which is about a block away?

We didn't.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.