UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Cell Phone company ripoff!

2/15/09 11:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jotabrav0
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went in a couple of months ago and did an insurance claim on a Nokia N95. Deductible cost me $150.00. That alone should be the end of the story...

Yesterday (Two months later), I get my bill. There is a charge on there for $200.00 for "for removing data service before the end of contract."

I call customer service up and they tell me that their 'new policy' is that all data phones must carry a data plan.

I argue that I did not buy a new phone or do anything to change my contract and that when I initially purchased this phone that it was not mandatory for me to have the data plan with my service.

They go on to talk to the manager or whoever then come back and tell me that there is nothing they can do and that I will have to pay this $200.00... even though I was never informed about this and even though I never signed anything... blah blah blah.

Is this binding? Can they really stick me with this?
2/16/09 12:11 PM
jotabrav0
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nope
2/19/09 3:59 PM
JackShrimp
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out www.consumerist.com and search for EECB
2/19/09 7:26 PM
pluxor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's not binding, call again and talk to someone else.
otherwise, sue them over it in small claims, they will settle.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.