UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Dog has Lyme Disease

2/18/09 4:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dmclat
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dog wasn't moving yesterday when i got home from work, would barely stand long enough to go to the bathroom. Same thing this morning, seemed a little better, but I could not go to work with the thought of her stuck inside and my g/f not being able to carry her out to let the dog relieve her self.

Hopefully she makes it through the next two weeks (what i have medicine for now) At that point they want to start lyme vaccine/therapy. They can not guarentee she will fully recover. If she hasn't recovered at least 80% of movement I will be forced to convince myself to put her down.

Damn....sorry for the rant, just I guess I am not as tough as I thought, having a hard time thinking about putting her down.
2/27/09 8:35 PM
beerbelly
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad nobody wanted to put me down after I had Lymes. She will be ok, it does suck, though.
3/26/09 1:08 AM
BabyHand
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is so old! any news?
3/26/09 2:48 PM
Dmclat
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, she ended up alright. She was completly lame for a few days, she could barely stand long enough to go to the bathroom. And this was even after we started the antibiotics.

After 4 days of medicine I came home one day and she was friggin running around like she was a puppy again. This went on for a few days and she was back to herself.

Its been a while now and you wouldn't even know anything was wrong, though I do not walk her for very long because when i do she is certainly sore for the rest of the night.

The Vet mentioned at anytime the lyme could get into her liver and we'd only have a few days, and she could go lame again off and on forever (but she hasn't yet!)

And beerbelly, my buddy said the same shit when i told him about it, I never knew he's had lyme for a few years, said he wakes up some mornings and it hurts to move, other days you'd never know.
4/10/09 10:16 AM
cthlcschlgrl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:(
4/16/09 10:39 PM
wrestlerguy04
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet you were happier than a kid with a brand new puppy when you came home and she was running around..I know I woulda been..Glad to hear she's doing better..
4/20/09 2:21 PM
Dmclat

wrestlerguy04 - I bet you were happier than a kid with a brand new puppy when you came home and she was running around..I know I woulda been..Glad to hear she's doing better..

Dude, you don't even know.....everyday i was dreading walking in the door to see her just laying on her bed not moving.

When I get home she has been trained to wait on her bed for me to greet her, (I can't stand a dog greeting you at the door when your hands are full or whatnot) But that first day she was feeling better she was up on the door looking out the window and was running in circles when I opened the door. She was like a little kid on a bike for the first day, "look at me! look at me!"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.