UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Would you fight to stay home rather than flee?

2/19/09 12:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live in Hawaii and have a family, almost everything I need is right here at home. In an emergency like Katrina I would feel better staying here unless a well armed militia was coming to my door telling me to leave.

I cannot think of anywhere I could go that would make my situation better in an emergence. I think i could hold off looters and thugs.

The only way i could see leaving is if there was some sort of extended embargo and i was able to bring my family to the mainland. I have some family in Oregon.

I guess my point is would you fight to stay at home or would you prefer to seek the path of least resistance and flee?
2/19/09 9:31 PM
kanotoa
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear ya. I don't live in the city, I live in the country and I can raise my own food, well I have the potential anyway.
2/19/09 10:09 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm staying where i am..unless i have no choice and have to run.
2/20/09 7:11 AM
TheeSenator
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am looking at getting some land with my family.... (brother, dad, in laws..) and if and when we will all meet together and be cool...

Hopefully.
2/21/09 12:18 PM
Possible Human
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live in a relatively elevated area for this area, so I would not have to worry about flooding, which would really be the only thing to drive me from my home. I'd try to hole up here as best I could.
2/27/09 4:24 PM
armlok
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stay on your property/land where you have a legal claim and right to be, otherwise you have greater chance of being searched, moved, harassed and weapons confiscated.
2/28/09 1:12 PM
kanotoa

I talked to my wife. She also said she preferred to stay here. I think I am strong enough that the punks here would go after the rich Haoles first. The Hawaiians are going to Captain Cook them.
3/10/09 6:22 PM
ClayK

when you're talking about "Katrina" like situations, are you talking about directly in NOLA or the rest of the Gulf coast?

It was BAD here. Law Enforcement didn't want to be here. The National Guard didn't like it, either. Katrina reduced the greater New Orleans metro to the lowest of the low. While most folks saw it as a hurricane in which to flee, others saw it as their ticket to do whatever the wanted. It was so bad, the parish was on lock down after a set date. NO ONE in or out. That included FEMA and other emergency aid groups. There are stories of elderly people being turned away at the parish line from the surrounding areas not allowing them into their area.

Basically, those that stayed were 100% left to fend for themselves. I'm staying put as long as possible, but if you are in a place like NOLA where there are basically just a handful of ways to LEAVE, I'll probably make a break for it.

The same for places like Miami, Tampa, Corpus Cristi. Anywhere that might make bugging out more difficult more than it needs to be.

Oahu or any of the other islands, thats a tough call. Know anyone with a boat?
3/10/09 8:13 PM
kanotoa

At least the government made the place safer by taking away all the registered guns.
3/10/09 9:48 PM
Possible Human

^^ Despite MA's flaws a bill has been introduced here to prevent the police from disarming legal gun owners in a disaster situation. It's dubbed "The Katrina Bill".
3/10/09 11:25 PM
kanotoa

There is a similar bill here too. Laws are meant to be broken though.
3/11/09 10:43 AM
ClayK

Where in the country are you?
3/11/09 11:46 PM
ClayK

cool. I'm sitting in Lafayette, LA. about 120 miles from NOLA westbound.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.