UnderGround Forums

Iowa Underground >> New Combat Club in CR

2/24/09 7:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
donkypunch55
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greetings to all... My name's Demian. Along with Bill "The Butcher" Kamery and a complete team effort, we have opened up a "new" MMA training facility here on the SE side of Cedar Rapids called "Valhalla Combat Club". I say "new" because essentially this Club is just a consolidation of Team Hard-Drive and many of the other various local factions that have been training in Basements and at the National Gaurd armory here in town. We've got Keoni and Eric Koch as well as Dave Sherzer heading up the grappling and Bjj side of things, as well as Yoda-esk "indian Joe" as the boxing and stand-up coach. We have a large (20 x 40) area with floor and wall mats, as well as 4 hanging bags. We also have a full size boxing ring that utilizes a wrestling mat as the flooring for take-downs and GNP. We are open 4pm-8pm on weekdays and from 1pm to whenever on Saturdays
we are located at the corner of 12th st. and 5th ave SE in CR. we've got about 10 pro's and an army of good looking amatures. We are looking to increase membership, exposure and sponsorship. All levels of experience welcome. please call, email me, or respond to this post if your interested, or just stop in to check it out.
-Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price-
*Sun Tsu*
319-721-6911
dpapagni@whiteglovemoves.com
2/26/09 10:35 PM
donkypunch55
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cmon guy's, don't make me respond to my own thread, that's pretty weak. we've got a FANTASTIC facility, with some of the best workout partners around ... if your in any way interested in training MMA and your in the 380 corridoor area, you should check us out... if you have any questions, please post them...
thanks
-d-
3/1/09 10:12 PM
donkypunch55

Hey thanks to the "Mexicutioner" for stopping by this weekend... Rod showed up for a pretty intense session both sat. and sun... hell of a hard worker...look foreward to future training sessions...
-d-
3/4/09 1:22 PM
donkypunch55

fuck it, i'm gonna turn this thread into a blog... Bill, Steve and i are going to minnasota somewhere this weekend to corner Derek Mehman for a fight... Derek is a top level wrestler who is one of the hardest workers i know... unlike many MMA participants whose entry point into MMA was wrestling, Derek has shown a strong desire and commitment to improving his stand-up. He leaves his ego at the door and dispite being one of the more accomplished fighters at our club, he has no problem with taking and following directions... i'm proud to call him a friend and training partner... let us raise our glasses and collectively hope that Derek stomps a mud-hole in someone's ass this friday!!
3/4/09 2:59 PM
BKhd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

u r gay
3/4/09 3:00 PM
BKhd

and you must post tits if you want responses!
3/7/09 2:46 PM
donkypunch55

got off my blog, you sawed-off ass-bandit...
3/8/09 3:03 AM
Crump's Brother
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey now, BKhd has a great point. Tits would really improve this thread.
3/8/09 9:37 PM
donkypunch55

Tits improve most anything....
On an MMA note, we made the trip to St. Paul MN for Dereks fight (accompanied by the sawed-off BKhd and Steve)... he pounded his guy out in 1:40 of the first rd... He made every effort to utilize his new-found stand up skills, but his opponent attatcked with all of the ferocity and spazdom of a 4th grade playground fight, so D's options were limited...He did what was expected and did a great job of staying calm and composed the whole evening... we've got several upcoming fights for team Hard-Drive members...i'll keep ya posted...
-d-
3/12/09 12:16 AM
BIG IRISH

4REAL A 230LB MIGET?????
3/16/09 2:44 PM
donkypunch55

At least...
3/17/09 6:44 PM
BIG IRISH

I need to see a pic of him! Thats hard to imagin....
3/19/09 7:45 AM
donkypunch55

Just picture a 3' 7" beach ball!
3/19/09 1:34 PM
BIG IRISH

What days and time do you guys get to it?
4/6/09 9:30 AM
donkypunch55

We are open 4 - 8 monday through Friday. Usually like 2 - whenever on Sat. and Sunday... you coming?...
4/15/09 8:32 PM
BIG IRISH

Id like to! gona be purdy busy for the next month or so... I'll see what happens..
4/26/09 3:21 PM
DevonMichael

That gym is full of meanies!
4/27/09 9:34 AM
donkypunch55

Quit being a pussy... we're competent not mean... no fuck that, we ARE mean... in a good way... lets keep in mind that this is MMA, not a tickling contest...
4/27/09 4:41 PM
dutchwrap
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/27/09 7:02 PM
ttt
4/28/09 12:13 PM
donkypunch55

Harddrive/Valhalla Update… due to excessive THC ingestion, coupled with repetitive head injury, I’m a little hazy on Names and dates… Late March saw Steve “Hollywood “ Carl Crush the Golden Boy from team Bulgaria in the 1st rd at an M-1 Global show in Bulgaria… a couple of weeks later Derrik “Mayhem” Mehman dispatched a game opponent at a Bruttal Show in Aimes using G&P to halt the action in the 3rd… I tapped out Troy Koford in the 2nd at the same show… a week later, Erik “the UFO” Koch ran through the competition at a 145lb tournament on an MCC card in Des Moines. Showing the dominance that makes him the next big thing in MMA… Also on that card, Robert “Stone Hands” Gates obliterated a guy named “Teddy Bear” that he had been brought in to lose to… Robert never got the memo… This weekend was also the first defeats for team Harddrive of the new year… ‘Dre and Brent both got caught in heated exchanges and were TKO’d… on that same card we witnessed DJ “Ice Man” Secorra defeat his opponent twice in the same evening... The first bout was declared a NC due to an illegal strike (bullshit). Luckily, reason and common sense prevailed (at an MMA show!??!) and the fight was repeated at the end of the night… DJ picked up where he left off, and defeated his man in the first rd… Cliff “Arm Bar” Wright dispatched a tough dude in the 2nd round using the aforementioned submission… Bill “Right Hook” Kamery showed the brutality and skill that have come to define all of his performances, and crushed his man almost BEFORE the 1st rd... it was that quick…
I’ll keep updating as info becomes available… nice work fellas …
4/28/09 7:04 PM
BIG IRISH

Nice! My guy's went @ it this past friday 4 outa 5 guys pulled out wins!
4/29/09 7:39 AM
donkypunch55

Gotta one-up me huh? :)
No shit, thats fantastic! We really need to get our guy's together for a little cross gym lovin... you tell me what weights you got and their experience level, and i can for sure put together a crew for a weekend road trip... What's the next show you got fighters on?
5/26/09 7:30 PM
BIG IRISH

we got 4 HW and 1 LHW, and 4 guys that are around 185-165, and 155er. like I said we are a lil getto gym. if you get on my space you can see hoe getto it is for your self:)
5/27/09 7:52 AM
donkypunch55

we've only got 2 heavyweights... poor fuckers are tired of rolling and sparring with a bunch of 55ers... myself and Derrick would definiatly make the trip up to train for a day or two... i'm not on myspace, so if you want to give me a contact name, #, etc... we'll set something up...
6/3/09 11:44 PM
Brian211

I'm wondering how much it costs to train at the VCC. And if there are any requirements. I've heard there isn't really any instruction there but it would be nice to at least spar with guys that can do more than kick. I currently am doing BJJ and have been for about a year. I have a couple black belts, one in karate and one in TKD. I know karate and TKD don't help much in mma.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.