UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Question for Armlok re: Hawaii SHTF

2/25/09 2:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This question is for Armlok and anyone familiar with Hawaii. Do you think Hawaii is a good place to be if TSHTF? What about a mild SHTF like Argentina?

Pros- isolation, plenty of water, wild food, good land to farm, ocean to fish, nice people in general.

Cons-Isolation, anti gun liberals might make a Katrina like gun grab, no resources like oil, minerals, scrap metal etc. Batu zombies. Hawaiians kick us off the island, invasion from China.
2/25/09 10:01 PM
armlok
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not an expert, so here is my opinion.

Argentina/economic crash wise:

Like elsewhere, most people are clueless. So while those who do have the skills to hunt the feral pigs and goats, axis deer(blacktail in your case), mouflan sheep and maybe little fishing, grow gardens etc, you'll be faced with a whole society of fucknuts in a panic for the first several weeks. For this I would much rather hunker down and live off of stored dry and canned goods so as to not have to go out as much as possible.Think of it as die off and waiting for the initial panic to pass.

From there, judge your neighbors and possibly network to start growing and gathering, etc. Sure you may think they're nice enough right now, but after the panic they may indeed prove to be shitbirds requiring you to maybe address them quietly and without witnesses in a manner best left to the imagination. Never can tell who is an icehead, like Tad Fujikawa's father.....imagine neighbors like that during a situation. JMHO

Kauai is pretty good, lots of close by rural areas. I gotta make it up whillamina rise to hit the watershed area for ferel pig, depending where you at you might just go in the yard :)

Gov't gonna be a HUGE player here for the reasons you stated and most will be reliant on them and yes they'll grab the guns. I really can't see many standing up against that, they'll be too worried about family and aid.....sad, but true IMHO.

Hurricane like Katrina or tidal wave, or somesuch natural disaster, that's short term in the scheme of things and much more easy to deal with imo. Long term economic shit is where the politicians are gonna have much more readily compliant people to give greater authority to "fix" things, address inequities, etc, history is rife with examples and people are still too stupid to know better.....especially in Hawaii with widespread sheep-like mentality when it come to gov't leadership.

Our biggest "PRO" is our mild weather, we don't have t worry about snow and ice, that's a HUGE burden for others on the mainland and will seriously fuk people up. I can squat make a shelter on our property and slowly make improvements over time without worrying about freezing snow and ice.

Don't worry about invasions, China can't sustain projecting enough power this far without leaving its ass in the breeze back home.
2/28/09 6:18 PM
quick
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have a large military presence, a fossil fuel based power grid, and you import most of your food. I tend to think it would get really really ugly really fast.
2/28/09 6:56 PM
kanotoa
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Spurs fans would fair better than the vast majority of Laker sheep.
2/28/09 7:00 PM
armlok
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - You have a large military presence, a fossil fuel based power grid, and you import most of your food. I tend to think it would get really really ugly really fast.

yes
2/28/09 7:02 PM
kanotoa

Plus Hawaiian would be eating the Haoles Captain Cook style.
2/28/09 8:50 PM
quick
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanotoa - The Spurs fans would fair better than the vast majority of Laker sheep.

I don't know man. Those Laker fans have the experience of watching Kobe be a backstabber and rapist on and off the court. Being able to fall back on that might help them survive through the coming anarchy. Then again they won't have David Stern or the refs to baby them through the fights.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.