UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Opinions on this guitar? ESP LTD SC207

2/25/09 5:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alpo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPSC207

I was actually looking at a couple in the $800 range, but my friend said this one is one of the best bargains for a 7 string.
2/25/09 8:30 PM
alpo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FWIW, I will almost definitely be putting in different pups, so that is not a factor.
3/9/09 3:30 PM
Racer X
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Schecter Omen is pretty much the same guitar with the neck pickup in the right place. $20 cheaper on Zzounds.com.
3/9/09 5:32 PM
Fite
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shecter puts out some good stuff
3/9/09 10:55 PM
alpo

lol.. ok

The thing is, I've only been playing guitar for about 16 months and I've been primarily playing a C1 Hellraiser.  Good guitar, don't get me wrong. 

However, I was looking for something a little different.  Would it be a total folly to get another Schecter?  I don't want to paint myself into a corner.  Money is no object, to a point.  I've had my eye on the C7 Hellraisers anyway.
3/10/09 3:16 AM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Schecter makes nice guitars
3/11/09 1:28 AM
Fite
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have a shecter devil and i swear it sounds better than my les paul studio
3/11/09 1:37 AM
Racer X
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Folly to get a Schecter? Their Korean made stuff (Diamond Series) is excellent in it's price range, just as the ESP LTD stuff is. I just don't like the Stephen Carpenter model because of the bonehead mid pickup placement. I say bonehead because it carefully avoids the rich harmonic structure of a properly placed neck pickup,while simultaneously getting in the way of your picking. The two pickups played together don't have the right relationship to get a pleasing tone to me either.

If money is no object get a Schecter USA guitar. As good as electric guitars get, period.
Of course, this one is on sale for $3,999.00
3/11/09 12:14 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/11/09 12:16 PM
^ better yet,

have Racer build you a custom job!
3/11/09 12:31 PM
alpo

Oh, yes, I forgot he was going to make me a custom 7-string using a Daisy Rock butterfly body.
3/14/09 11:30 AM
Racer X

You were saying? ;)
4/26/09 2:17 AM
lordbreakdown
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no thanks on schecter. if your using an emg you may as well spend far less, and get an ibanez.. the playability will be better too. if you're using passive pickups then spending a little extra on a Carvin 7 string will do you right.
4/26/09 2:20 AM
lordbreakdown
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+1 on the carpenter junk. unless you're paying well over a g for the custom esp model.. even then you could spend your money better.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.