UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> CURRENTLY IN FIRST PLACE!!!!!

2/26/09 2:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pretjah
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yup i can tell it's spring training!!!!

8-2 victory and the team actually took 7 walks...there were times last year that they didn't get 7 walks in an entire week!!!!!
2/27/09 12:50 PM
Pretjah
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still there!!!!!!!!
2/27/09 4:39 PM
francoistank
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

62-100
2/27/09 4:40 PM
Pretjah

82-80

( a guy can dream right)

2/28/09 8:25 AM
Hawkeyefan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanna bet....oh, wait. You still haven't paid up on a bet we made 5 years ago.
2/28/09 10:39 PM
Cousin Eddie

Ah, yes, the infamous "T-Shirt bet of 2004".....
3/3/09 9:04 AM
Pretjah

trade deadline
3/4/09 10:08 PM
ICTimer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh come on, you know you're giving up on the current team in time to look at the players in the Amateur draft every year.

The sad thing is that there are a few good players in Pittsburgh's system, it's just that they'll muck it up somehow.
3/4/09 10:20 PM
Pretjah

honestly i'm happy with the moves that the new management group has made so far

we have  some very talented young guys right now

andrew mccutcheon, jose tabata, neil walker, nate mcclouth, pedro alverez, just to name a few we have some decent arms  no true ace though...however i think if the situation were to present it self and the team could hang aroudn 500 ball this year  until say mid june we'd trade someone for a top of the rotation guy...however that's a big big if
3/4/09 10:52 PM
ICTimer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said.

Nate McLouth is great. I really like him in years to come. Alvarez better prove himself worth the whole Scott Boras/Pirates/MLB/MLBPA shenanigans (seriously was that ridiculous or what).
3/13/09 11:24 PM
Hawkeyefan

Pretjah, you are a fucking tool. The Pirates haven't sniffed .500 since Barry Bonds had a normal sized cranium. And I hate to be the one to break it to you (no I don't) but their team is still shit.

Let me know when Tabata takes an atbat at AAA so I can keep my eye on him changing this shit franchise. Neil Walker? He's a "talented young guy"? The same guy with a sub .700 OPS in AAA last year and plays the same position as Alvarez? The fucker had a .280 OBP in AAA. 102 K's and 29 walks. How do you see him helping any major league team with those numbers?

Some decent arms with no true ace? If by "decent" you mean a bunch of shitty major leaguers then I'll agree. Any time you hand the ball over 20 times to a guy with a barely sub 7.00 ERA your pitching staff sucks shit. Maholm was solid last year...he would probably win the Cubs #5 starter slot so I'll also agree that there is no "true ace". Too bad he's on the wrong side of 30 and is pretty unlikely to repeat that season again. As for trading for an ace, whatever happened to Matt Morris? Damn you are seriously more dilusional year after year than any douchebag fratboy Cub fan.
3/14/09 12:05 AM
Cha0s008
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Pirates fan, and even I think they might break the 100 loss mark this year.

Hey, they might as well just go for the (17th?) consecutive losing season and break the record.
3/31/09 1:32 PM
francoistank
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as an irate fan i will once again be boycotting games until AMC, tabata and alvarez are up or they sign pedro martinez. yea i know pedro isn't great anymore but i would still rather see a 50% pedro than a 100% duke,ohlendorf,karstens
3/31/09 2:33 PM
Cha0s008
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

francoistank - as an irate fan i will once again be boycotting games until AMC, tabata and alvarez are up or they sign pedro martinez. yea i know pedro isn't great anymore but i would still rather see a 50% pedro than a 100% duke,ohlendorf,karstens

I'm thinkin Ohlendorf might not be to bad actually.

But yeah, Duke and Karstens are pretty much gonna be a waste I think.

And I don't think it will take long for Alvarez to make it to the Pirates.
4/1/09 12:01 PM
SecondBase
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just once, I want to go to PNC Park in September for a meaningful game.
4/6/09 7:21 PM
Pretjah

guess what everone...it's not spring training anylonger

1st place!!!!!!!
4/6/09 11:12 PM
francoistank

good god the endless "buccos are on pace to go 162-0" text messages i got tonight made me want to kill myself. mcclouth will be gone by july for a package of pitching prospects, jack will be gone and if there's a market for him freddie will be gone also. no team starting nyjer morgan and brandon moss in the outfield has a chance of winning more than 65 games. andy laroche is a step above a construction horse with a glove nailed into it at 3rd. fuck i hate this team
4/7/09 1:53 AM
Cha0s008

I can't see the Pirates ever getting rid of Jack, and if you ask me Nyjer Morgan did a hell of a job today.

And I don't see Freddie leaving either.

I do agree with you about Andy Laroche though.
4/7/09 9:47 AM
Pretjah

francoistank - good god the endless "buccos are on pace to go 162-0" text messages i got tonight made me want to kill myself. mcclouth will be gone by july for a package of pitching prospects, jack will be gone and if there's a market for him freddie will be gone also. no team starting nyjer morgan and brandon moss in the outfield has a chance of winning more than 65 games. andy laroche is a step above a construction horse with a glove nailed into it at 3rd. fuck i hate this team
OKAY  LETS DEAL WITH THIS LOGICALLY

MCCLOUTH - just signed a 3 year deal he wont be gone this year or next maybe in 2011or 2012 but not anytime soon

wilson - would have been gone 2 years ago if anyone wanted him

freddie - if he's hitting around 300 (which he should be)  come trade deadline and someone needs an infielder he will be gone

morgan has the tools to be a decent player

moss is a 4th outfielder at best

andy laroche is a stop gap until alverez or walker are ready and the other will be moved to right field!

the key to this season and not lossing a 100 games is pitching next...ian snell

maholm will be fine he'll have an era under 3.70 and have about 25+ quality starts

if snell can have an era under 4 and give us 25 quality starts the team won't lose a 100

4/7/09 4:21 PM
francoistank

if a team dangles some top pitching prospects to the bucs this year for mcclouth he will be gone. his contract actually makes him easier to trade since it's nothing too crazy for an all-star in his prime.

jack would have been gone last year but they wanted too much in return. they will request less and he will be gone. bixler or some horrible vet will take over.

i agree about freddie and moss.

neil walker will never be a good player and is just another pirate bust.

it's pretty pathetic when we need maximum output from our best pitchers to avoid 100 losses.
4/7/09 4:52 PM
Pretjah

if they trade mcclouth before july of 2011 i will never be a pirate fan again.
4/7/09 4:55 PM
Pretjah

actually after thinking about it for a few seconds if morgan is hitting 290 with a 350+ obp some time next year and mccutcheonand tabata are  just busting to getinto the everyday lineup  and someone is offering up a true can't miss AAA prospect who is Major league ready plus some more prospects i guess i wouldn't be too upset

hwoever if the mccutcheon or tabata are having horrible AAA seasons again after bad seasons this year and morgan is playing him way onto the bench in favor of salazar or hinske and they trade mcclouth i'll never be a fan again
4/8/09 12:23 PM
francoistank

looks like another looooooooooooooong season. lanny frattare was smart gettin out when he did
4/8/09 12:26 PM
Pretjah

while i'm not ready to give up on snell yet that was a horrible effort to put up after such a dramatic opener
4/8/09 1:13 PM
Cha0s008

I see Snell hasn't changed at all since last year.

And we better enjoy 1-1 cause it's probably the last time they'll be .500 all year.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.