UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> CURRENTLY IN FIRST PLACE!!!!!

4/22/09 2:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cha0s008
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, that definitely sucks, but the only good thing is that I think Jamarillo can hold his own.

If the pitching keeps up I still think they can keep a decent record.

I'm callin the sweep tomorrow.
4/22/09 12:34 PM
SecondBase
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Losing Doumit sucks, but it won't matter if they continue to get the starting pitching they've been getting.
4/22/09 7:14 PM
Cha0s008
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cha0s008 - Yeah, that definitely sucks, but the only good thing is that I think Jamarillo can hold his own.

If the pitching keeps up I still think they can keep a decent record.

I'm callin the sweep tomorrow.

I was right for once.
4/28/09 11:07 AM
Pretjah
825 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i know i'm going to throw both of them into a horrible stretch of the fail

but how about the Laroche brothers right now playing very good basbeall and andy is actually playing very good defense too.

and i'm loving morgan still  the guy is just playing great baseball offfensively and defensively...just needs to work on his slides some more...he's gonna get tagged out for oversliding on a steal again this year at some point!

very surprised with the play of jarmillo the back up catcher.    and if mclouth is out for any extended period that's gonna suck

anyone know of any highly rated Shortstops that could be available for grabow + some minor leaguers?  cause i dont see Jack having a good season and if he keeps getting these nagging injuries we're gonna have to move on even if we can't get a decent trade for him
4/28/09 1:48 PM
Cha0s008

Hell yeah the LaRoche bros are on fire! Knock on wood.

Russell has said that McLouth will most likely avoid the disable list, but I wouldn't doubt if he's out the rest of this week.

And they really need Jack back at shortstop. Brian Bixler is a complete waste of space. What was he yesterday? 0-4 with 4ks!!

And they starting rotation is still doing really well, if only Karstens could pick it up a little. But we got Maholm in there today and hopefully will be able to pick up another W.
5/3/09 9:57 PM
francoistank
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and we're back.....
5/4/09 11:59 AM
SecondBase
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Bucs have been shut out in 3 of the last 4 games. In that stretch they have only 2 extra base hits. UGH!
5/8/09 4:19 PM
francoistank
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any more games against the marlins in the near future?
5/10/09 12:13 PM
Cha0s008

CURRENTLY IN LAST PLACE!!!!!
5/10/09 10:31 PM
francoistank

painful, just painful. i don't even know where to start they are just all so pathetic.
5/15/09 9:05 PM
BJJ GJJ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The kings of queens sure enjoyed slapping the Pirates around last weekend at the prestigious Citi Field.

-Deeder
5/17/09 6:28 PM
Cha0s008

And what a 7th inning that was today!!

They scored 8 runs before an out was even recorded. Sometimes they play excellent, but they are WAY to inconsistent.
5/21/09 11:17 AM
SecondBase

Nothing beats winning via a two out passed ball! Damn sure Adam LaRoche wasn't going to be a hero.
5/21/09 1:23 PM
francoistank

thank goodness for the washington generals...i mean nationals
5/26/09 1:36 PM
Pretjah
825 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 games below .500

the talks for jack wilson are already starting it appears

with freddie sanchez healthy and playing so well at defense and the addition of delwin young and the work they are putting him through at 2nd i wonder if  the plan for when they move Jack wilson is freddie to shortstop and delwin young at second base?

another month around .300 and i think we'll see the trigger pulled on jack for a starting pitcher  and with doumit coming back around then that could be  enough to get us over .500 at the end of the year

5/27/09 11:18 PM
francoistank

i was thinking maybe the rays would try to get freddie since iwamura is out. i don't really know what their depth at 2nd is like and if they offer good prospects it's worth exploring. jack will be gone but i hope not for betancourt like the rumors suggest. something has to be done with snell. talk about disappointing
6/3/09 8:00 PM
Cha0s008

The Pirates are unbelievable!! They just traded Nate Mclouth to the Braves for fuckin Charlie Morton (P) who is in the majors but never plays, Jeff Locke (P) who's in the minors, and Gorky's Hernandez (OF) who is also in he minors.

Man does shit like this piss me off.
6/3/09 8:38 PM
francoistank

francoistank - if a team dangles some top pitching prospects to the bucs this year for mcclouth he will be gone. his contract actually makes him easier to trade since it's nothing too crazy for an all-star in his prime.

jack would have been gone last year but they wanted too much in return. they will request less and he will be gone. bixler or some horrible vet will take over.

i agree about freddie and moss.

neil walker will never be a good player and is just another pirate bust.

it's pretty pathetic when we need maximum output from our best pitchers to avoid 100 losses.

ttt. look at my first point. pretjah i've been dominating you with these pittsburgh sports predictions
6/8/09 12:02 PM
SecondBase

Good call francoistank. The best thing that came out of this trade is that Andrew McCutcheon got called up.
6/9/09 6:39 PM
francoistank

good god another horrible draft pick.
6/25/09 4:02 PM
francoistank

http://postgazette.com/pg/09176/979883-100.stm

snell has been sent down
6/30/09 5:53 PM
francoistank

i realize i'm the only person still posting but i don't give a damn.

sean burnett and nyjer morgan traded to the nats for lastings milledge and some bum pitcher. yes trade away a guy with the 2nd best avg on the team for a prospect who is a proven team cancer. don't forget the fact that morgan was AMC's best friend on the team and also a bit of a mentor. fuck fuck fuck fuck
6/30/09 7:44 PM
Cha0s008

It fits right in with their history of great trades recently. :/
7/1/09 10:00 AM
SecondBase

The Bucs are putting a lot of stock in their young prospects while driving away what few fans they have left.
7/1/09 3:27 PM
francoistank

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/07/01/source-pirates-grabow-capps-on-block/

jack, freddy, adam laroche, capps and grabow all on the trading block.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.