UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> Fitting Help

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/27/09 2:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
qballs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello Golf Ground, I just graduated college and for obvious reasons have never been able to afford a club fitting. I recently went on vacation from mass. to phoenix and stopped in the PGA superstore.
I hit my driver(07 Burner 9.5 stiff flex) on the launch monitor. My ball speed was about 155 and driver distance was about 175 yards at 5500rpm backspin. This seemed ridiculously high compared to pro's.
If i reduce my backspin to 2500 how much distance will I gain.
How do i Reduce backspin, By hitting up on my driver>
At adress the ball is just inside my left heal. And every launch was about 12.5 degrees. If i try to swing up how much will i increas my launch angle?
2/27/09 3:02 AM
qballs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

O by the way in Phoenix I have played Club West, FoOthills, Aguila, Bear Creak, Superstition Mountain, TPC Scottsdale, Raven, Troon, Johnson Ranch, and Ahwatukee. Hollar Back
3/1/09 4:11 PM
GolfBaller
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, there are a tremendous amount of variables that could potentially influence the answer to this/these question/questions. The simplest thing I can say is reducing your spin to 2500 rpm's will help, but that should be the least of your worries in the beginning. When you practice, you should work on hitting the ball consistently solid. There is no greater influence on how far you'll be able to hit the driver (or any club for that matter) than how solid your contact is.

Once you are able to do that, it is worth finding a reputable PGA Professional in your area with a launch monitor and spend an hour or so with him walking you through your launch conditions and how you can improve them (a properly fitted driver will likely be one recommendation).

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.