UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Just saw a great breakfast recipe on TV

2/27/09 1:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
canuck34
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy called it "eggs from hell" or something like that.

In a pot they made homemade salsa, added some hotsauce and cooked it long enough to soften the red peppers but not completely make them into mush.

In a separate pan they cooked up some black beans and in another they did up some spicy breakfast sausages.

He had some tortilla shells that were bowl shapped.

Finally, he poached the eggs IN the salsa. On the plate he mixed the black beans with the sausages (which were cut in half), then he filled the shells with the salsa and a poached egg.

Garnished the plate with some slices of small tomatoes.

Damn it looked good. I'm going to make some this weekend.
2/27/09 5:45 PM
RTWu
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

take pics and post plz
2/27/09 8:25 PM
crescentwrench
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a huevos rancheros variation with poached instead of fried eggs.    
2/28/09 8:01 AM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This has to be better than Squash Soup!
3/2/09 9:03 AM
canuck34
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol. Still love the squash soup!

I made this breakfast yesterday morning. It was amazing. Sorry, no pics (mudnamer).

I made a bit of a variation as I didn't have "taco bowls". I used small whole wheat pitas that I cut part way in half and baked. I filled the inside with the salsa and egg and some old cheddar.

It was one of the best damn breakfasts I've ever had. My wife absolutely loved it as well.
3/2/09 3:05 PM
drunkenfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hangover cure, imho.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.