UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Need help finding cheap but good H20 filter

2/28/09 1:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The water here is pretty good but i need an emergency filter that gets the most bang for the buck.

Also I have a big roof with rain gutters all around. I was planning on dropping the water into plastic barrels, mostly for watering plants. Could a filter treat this water good enough to drink in an emergency? I have a composite roof that has been treated with some sort of midew chemical. The roof is 8 years old however.
2/28/09 6:58 PM
kanotoa
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, will check it out tomorrow.
2/28/09 8:24 PM
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You may also want to consider portable options. a slow sand filter is good for the homestead, but you may have to ditch and move.
2/28/09 10:11 PM
armlok
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Portable options..... I like MSR waterworks and micropur tabs for purification.
3/10/09 7:38 PM
kanotoa

If I had the choice of drinking my roof water or dieing of thirst I think I would drink the roof water. I has figuring I could use it for irrigation in non emergency times.
4/6/09 2:05 PM
dentalninja
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.