UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Format question

2/28/09 3:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stryfe
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife was wanting a new video camera and ordered the Sony HDR-SR12. It's great except the format of the videos' What is a good program that can convert the current AVCHD format to mpg or avi that i can better work with it? I would like a free program and not above paying for one if it works properly. Thank you for any help.
3/5/09 4:38 AM
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quicktime pro is not free but not expensive & probably the best all-around fix for converting video. I do not know if it handles your format but they work pretty hard to handle everything; I'm just too lazy to look it up right now.

Beyond that, you can hop on videohelp.com & look up specific tools that meet your needs.
8/5/11 7:06 PM
daire84
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/05/11 7:10 PM
test 
8/6/11 4:31 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.DVCreators.net
3/6/12 7:52 AM
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forgot to mention that you're almost always better off finding a video editor that works in your format, instead of bouncing around between lossy compression schemes.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.