UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Boots

2/28/09 8:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We've talked water, food, shelter, firearms. I don't think I've seen a thread on the OG or SG about footwear.

I've got a pair of camo insulated high ankle hiking boots that I use for work ( land surveyor). I've also got my desert combat boots that at tied to my BOB, in the event that I'm in tennis shoes or flip flops.

What about you guys?
2/28/09 10:09 PM
armlok
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Danner....any of their American made, resolable ones are hard to beat. I have a pair of hammered-to-hell Ft. Lewis boots that I need resoled or I may just spring for a new pair.

I like various Merrells, low and mid heights for light weight footwear.
2/28/09 10:44 PM
ClayK

attached to your gear?
2/28/09 10:57 PM
armlok
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL! attached to my feet when I go into field :P

I store them in a closet or car trunk
3/1/09 10:42 AM
Possible Human

I have Koflach Artis Expe mountaineering boots for the dead of winter trekking. They have a full shaft in the sole for crampons. These are the boots you'll see all over the World's tallest peaks including Everest. I think I paid $700+ for both my wife's and my pair.

Asolo TPS 520 Leather, goretex lined hiking boots for less severe conditions. Again, both my wife and I have a pair ($450 or so altogether).

For simple summer, woods walks I have a pair of Montrail trail runners. ($75-100 or so)

Of course, I use all these outside of survival preparation. You need to break in the high altitude mountaineering boots, or else you will be one hurting puppy.
6/5/09 9:28 AM
unclephilly
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got on eBay and bought a pair of U.S. G.I. Issue combat boots. Once they are broken in they are just like slippers.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.