UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> "PAIN" TO BOSTON ON ST. PATRICK’S DAY CONTEST

3/1/09 11:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dana White@Zuffa
1595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear UG,

When I first started following this sport there was hardly anything about it online. When I eventually joined the UG community it was awesome because I had a place I could go to talk about MMA, the UFC and the fighters with people who were knowledgeable and knew what was going on. I used to post on a regular basis, something that is nearly impossible to do these days because I rarely have the downtime like I used to, but I still continue to read what you guys have to say. I might not agree with everything that I see but the great thing about the UG is the people- you guys really do care about the sport and the athletes and I truly appreciate it, and that’s the thing that has always kept me coming back. The UG is one of the first places I go when I get on the computer and more often than not, it’s usually the last site (or one of the last sites) I check before I go to bed. I love this place, I’m thankful for the support over the years and I respect your input even if I don’t always agree with it. There’s nowhere else like it on the internet and trust me… I have looked.

House of Pain was one of my favorite bands for years and I am so excited that these guys will be performing (for the first time in over a decade) at the St. Patrick’s Day party I’m throwing at the Roxy on March 17th. I wanted to do something special for the UG so we came up with a contest that a lot of you should have a blast with. Just showing my love and appreciation to the UG.

Thanks again and good luck!

Dana
3/1/09 11:48 AM
Kirik
1627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/03/09 1:14 AM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
THE DANA FU#$%@# WHITE UG ONLY CONTEST

1.  FROM DANA WHITE TO THE UG
For the past eight months you’ve seen my vlogs and now it’s your turn. Make a video and tell me why I should fly you and three of your friends out to my Southie stomping grounds, take care of your accommodations, and give you tickets to the biggest and best (by invitation-only) St. Patrick’s Day party on the east coast! It’s that simple. To the winners, you and your crew will have a night you will NEVER forget and, trust me, it’s going to be crazy! Good luck!
- Dana White

2. DANA WHITE BRINGS “PAIN” TO BOSTON ON ST. PATRICK’S DAY

On March 17th, UFC® President Dana White is headed back East to his Southie stomping grounds to throw the biggest St. Patrick’s Day party in Boston, featuring the first performance by House of Pain in over a decade. White and House of Pain will be taking over the Roxy for this invitation-only celebration.
      “Obviously I love the city of Boston, I just filmed my new show ‘Black Souls’ there, so  I’m going to throw a St. Patrick’s Day party with House of Pain at the Roxy,” said White.  “House of Pain was one of my favorite bands when I lived there, and they are going to perform again for the first time in over a decade.”
      "I'm excited about this party, Dana is one of the few people who could get me to do something again with House of Pain," said Everlast. "We're like the Santa Claus of St. Paddy's Day, and Boston is our North Pole, so we're coming home to deliver the goods - we're gonna play a lot of the old House of Pain stuff, some Everlast, and some other surprises. It's been about 13 years since House of Pain played together, so this is gonna be a lot of fun for all of us."

***3. ENTERING THE DANA FU#$%@# WHITE UG ONLY CONTEST***
Pop open your new cell phone, or dust off your camcorder, and create a video explaining why you want to party like a rock star with House of Pain and UFC President Dana White, when he takes over the Roxy in Boston March 17th. To be elegible for voting, you must POST A LINK TO YOUR VIDEO OR EMBED IT IN THIS THREAD. UG members will vote on the submissions. The two videos receiving the most votes by fellow UG members will each win a prize package from Dana White.

4. WHAT YOU WIN (IN THE DANA FU#$%@# WHITE UG ONLY CONTEST)
Four tickets to the St. Patrick’s Day private party at the Roxy.
Roundtrip airfare for the contest winner and for each of the three guests.
Hotel accommodations for the party of four.
Please note - TWO complete prize packages will awarded to UGers.

5. CONTEST ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS  (THE DANA FU#$%@# WHITE UG ONLY CONTEST)
***NEW: Must be 21 or over and live in the USA, Canada, UK, or IRELAND (winners and guests).
Video length around two to three minutes. Exceptions can be made for exceptional videos.
Video submissions must be posted on this thread by 8:00PM (EST) Friday 6 March.
No profanity what so ever is allowed in the video you post.
Yes, that last sentence was a joke.

6. HOW YOU ARE GOING TO WIN (THE DANA FU#$%@# WHITE UG ONLY CONTEST)
Beginning Friday, 6 March at 8:00PM (EST) , a panel will narrow down the video selections.
Within 24 hours, the finalist videos will be posted in a separate voting thread.
Voting will close Monday 9 March at 8:00 PM (EST), and the top two vote getters WIN.
Even if you don't win, each finalist will get Underground stuff.
Contact information for the UFC representative handling the arrangements for the winners will be transmitted through Kirik and/or Chris.
Guys, I read an interview with a statistician about the lottery, and she said that your odds of winning a state lottery are pretty much the same whether you play or you don't. This is not that. This is just us.

3/1/09 12:32 PM
the_shrike
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this ought to be good
3/1/09 12:33 PM
HEVYMENTL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Dana, UFC, Cindy O, H.O.P. and MMAtv.
3/1/09 12:33 PM
microbiologynerd
937 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what if you live in boston? maybe dana could fly us locals to a ufc in vegas?

or... admission to the party is fucking cool enough. i'll stfu now. :D
3/1/09 12:35 PM
the_shrike
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you whiney, bitch, MBN
3/1/09 12:35 PM
JOB
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect.
3/1/09 12:37 PM
Jim_Kelly
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deal me in
3/1/09 12:38 PM
Doug Wilson
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czSzkPqceIQ
3/1/09 12:39 PM
microbiologynerd
937 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

read the second, sentence, king comma?  :D
3/1/09 12:39 PM
the_shrike

microbiologynerd -  read the second, sentence, king comma?  :D

;)

comma finger got happy
3/1/09 12:48 PM
The End

That Dana is cool peeps
3/1/09 12:48 PM
Kirik
1627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 Someone get Giove to make a video where he says Kneebaaaah a lot. I could see that one winning big :-)
3/1/09 12:50 PM
microbiologynerd

frederic - 
microbiologynerd - what if you live in boston? maybe dana could fly us locals to a ufc in vegas?

or... admission to the party is fucking cool enough. i'll stfu now. :D

Yeah, but us locals can win tickets on WBCN/WFNX without going through the contest proper (at least CindyO mentioned that yesterday).
as long as kiss108 and the other poppy fag stations dont give away tix thats cool

3/1/09 12:51 PM
Paul Gara

Will there be an announcement of UFC coming to Boston?
3/1/09 1:06 PM
Pure
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally don't have the time to attend the concert, but it's a nice gesture none the less.

It's good to know that you're still reading the UG, Dana.

3/1/09 1:16 PM
Hemlock
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you Dana White, I couldn't appreciate what you do more than I do.
3/1/09 1:24 PM
gr47

Yes!!!
3/1/09 1:27 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cindy , Can I be your date for this gala ?

Seriously .........
3/1/09 1:27 PM
annihil8torz

For those if us (me included) that have bitched about something that Dana White has or has not done....we have to give credit where it is due.  This is FAN APPRECIATION!

Many thanks Dana White!
3/1/09 1:28 PM
annihil8torz

Hong Kong Phooey -  Cindy , Can I be your date for this gala ?

Seriously .........

No offense....but since we live near one another, I think it would be best for her and I to travel together.
3/1/09 1:33 PM
gr47

Man I want to sing now, Jump Up Jump up a get down Jump up jump out get out your seat and jump around, JUMP AROUND, that was an awsome jam.
3/1/09 1:33 PM
gr47

Edited: 03/01/09 1:34 PM
wow, double post
3/1/09 1:34 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

annihil8torz - 
Hong Kong Phooey -  Cindy , Can I be your date for this gala ?

Seriously .........

No offense....but since we live near one another, I think it would be best for her and I to travel together.

I think airplanes travel to the east and i would be happy to have my private jet pick up Mrs. O and whisk her off.
3/1/09 1:40 PM
wfram1977

Edited: 03/01/09 1:49 PM
Thanks to Dana, and Kirik! Tell me who else has cared and done more for the fans as much and I will tell you no one!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.