UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Combat X in Taylor?

3/3/09 8:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lazybjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trying to find out how a fighter did. Any know about a guy named Brad Burden? Heard he was fighting. Thanks for the help.
3/3/09 10:06 PM
cflmma

He lost in second. Ref stoppage due to strikes.

He put up a good fight but seemed to gas out.
3/3/09 10:15 PM
lazybjj

Thanks. Did you happen to catch where he trains? The reason I ask is I went to H.S. with him and I havent heard anything until just the other day I heard he was fighting.
3/3/09 10:25 PM
StephenL

have you seen matt tackett?

he's disappeared into fat air.

stephen
3/4/09 3:05 AM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think he was the guy shamir fought.
3/4/09 5:16 AM
cflmma

Edited: 03/04/09 5:16 AM
I heard Northern Combat. Don't know how long though.That shamir kid was tough and had some good skill.That jose kid was good to. He was like a rubberband. Didn't know a body could bend like that. heard him say he's moving hope he doesn;t quit training.

Saw Q there being the big man reffin.
3/4/09 3:09 PM
TrainJudo

Shamir is one of our guys here at csf...He beat Burden by tko, but that Burden guy is tough..Shamir has some serious sledge hammers and Burden took em and even smiled after a couple of em..
3/4/09 8:07 PM
StephenL

i think you mistook his smile for his face paralyzed by a shamir fist.
3/7/09 2:15 PM
lenox01

didnt now guys who fought at combat x trained....
3/7/09 3:09 PM
TrainJudo

Edited: 03/07/09 3:34 PM
didn't know you did, but if you do, put your money where your mouth is, or close it.

Teddy said it best!

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
3/8/09 12:40 AM
lenox01

dont know what all that means or who teddy is but again i didnt know that people that fight at combat x train it news to me
3/8/09 3:22 AM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah they all traine ufc.
3/9/09 7:32 PM
cflmma

So then Quincy's (trainjudo) guys are un trained?
3/9/09 11:16 PM
StephenL

yep. pretty much. in fact, if you came to the school, the two of you would steam roll right over all of us.

stephen
3/10/09 11:11 AM
lenox01

wow stephen didnt know u fought in combat x
3/10/09 12:40 PM
lazybjj

Train dont train. Who cares? I just watched Never back down and Im ready to kick some ass!
3/10/09 2:34 PM
mortician

stephen has pro status there is no way he could have fought in combat x. He fought in TFC fightzone 2.
3/10/09 7:37 PM
lenox01

i didnt mention any school so dont try and spin it that way....and if u r associated with combat x then u know that they have pulled people out of the crowd to fight.... yes i was saying combat x is garbage for a show if u take that personal because u send ur fighters there or ref there then o well its just my 36 post member since 2/13/08 opinion
3/10/09 8:34 PM
TrainJudo

Edited: 03/10/09 8:38 PM
Have you ever fought? Because if not, even someone pulled from the audience is better than you will ever be...Having tried..And what not..

Regardless of my opinion on that, I have never seen someone pulled from the audience..However I have only been invloved with the last 3.They have been 100% on the up and up since I started.....

It is an amateur event though and some guys are not really highly skilled when they first start mma, some are absolutely awesome..That is how amateur fights are. If you want consistant pros, go to a pro event...   
3/10/09 10:26 PM
lazybjj

But you can expect a lot of "that guy should have done this" and "I would kick all these guys ass".
3/10/09 10:28 PM
TrainJudo

Edited: 03/10/09 10:34 PM
""I would kick all these guys ass".

You know..I hear that alot..But if they could, why aren't they?

Again, Like Teddy said..(truely read it)

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."  
3/10/09 10:51 PM
lazybjj

Quick story, Im cornering a guy at XCC in Wyandotte. I see a guy I kinda know from my job. After the fight I run into him and his over weight drunk gf.He starts blabbing about how he is going to start fighting because " these guys ain't shit" while the whole time his girl is yelling " no don't let him fight he's crazy he will hurt someone". I couldn't take it. My reply was " shut the fuck up he ain't doing shit. He's too much of a drunk to train and fight". His reply "well I hurt my back and knee but when I'm healthy I will". My point...Almost every person who badmouths fighters will never have the guts to actually do it.
3/10/09 11:09 PM
TrainJudo

Edited: 03/10/09 11:11 PM
lol..yeah it does, and Ive only been there once!

I remember this so vividly..We are at Dangerzone years and years back (nearly a decade)..My buddy Brad gets done fighting and he lost..Not badly either..But anyway he is walking back to the back after the fight and these drunk dudes were behind the fence screaming in his face "YOU FUCKIN SUCK, DUDE!!!"...LOL...It's so wrong it's funny!!!

(You all know Bad Brad and what a tough mofo' he is..He'd a ko'ed every one of em)
3/10/09 11:15 PM
cflmma

Lenox then prove what you say. I know that I ve been to the showa down river Combat X Xcc and there were 2 others. I know one of them pulled people from the crowd, who had been drinking and it wasn't at a Combat X show. In fact I think Quincy has been at all of the Combat X shows in Taylor so try your BS somewhere else.
3/11/09 12:32 AM
lenox01

LOL u are all very entertaining......looks like i struck a nerve with u combat X fans...........i will go back to my sources who told me about pull n people to fight out of crowds and try to confirm....i did hear these things from people that have fought and been involved in combat X events

i am in no way putting down any fighter who truly trains and gives his best in the cage..everyone starts somewhere...i never said anything like "i would kick all these guys ass"

i do understand ammy events and have reffed several shows (including both XCCs downriver) and am an amateur figher still trying to learn everyday....and i will post my BS where i want (cflmma)

O and that quote for "teddy" is pretty kool but dont see how it applies to me?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.