UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ken Shamrock a born again christian?

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3/5/09 12:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LEET060
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_At_jzqdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X60RZ6zm8LU
3/5/09 1:06 PM
MattBenwa
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprising, most born-again types act like they've taken one too many blows to the brain.
3/5/09 1:29 PM
Bereal

I am a born-again Christian and I consider myself very sane.
3/5/09 3:46 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LEET060 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_At_jzqdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X60RZ6zm8LU

Good for him.
3/5/09 4:02 PM
JDog

Its better than believing in Evolution
3/5/09 4:04 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bereal - I am a born-again Christian and I consider myself very sane.

the insane never know they are insane.
3/5/09 5:37 PM
whoabro

KneeUppercut - Shamrock slept on a matress in a 2 bedroom apartment dead BROKE when he was the heavyweight champion of the world? WTF?

like that is some kind of terrible lifestyle?! wah wah
3/5/09 5:56 PM
FLMikeATT

JDog - Its better than believing in Evolution
Do you believe in gravity? Cell theory?
3/5/09 6:02 PM
86ed4life

I would think that the worlds most dangerous man would sleep on a bed or iron nails or in a sleeping bag full of rattlesnakes but a mattress for christ sake I sleep on a mattress and the only time I am dangerous is twenty to thirty minutes after eating at taco bell.
3/5/09 7:46 PM
Wotan

If thats what he needs to do to become a better person or whatever...then good for him. But people shouldnt push religion on others.
3/5/09 9:47 PM
worldfightfan

I gotta agree that I think believers in God are delusional but at the same time to each their own, personally I hope you are right and there is a God but I doubt it. I have much respect for many Christians,Muslims,ect... as to how they live their life so I don't crap on any religion
3/5/09 10:00 PM
Mr Clark

beats believing in science...
3/5/09 10:00 PM
slagathor
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a Christian, so much stuff has happened in my life that there has to be something else out there, but pushing your beliefs on people is just un-cool
3/5/09 10:08 PM
sharp01

i love jim jones drink the cool aid ken
3/5/09 11:30 PM
Mike Sanders

Peter, my name!
3/5/09 11:38 PM
FingerorMoon
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gogoplatamonkey - I am by no means a 'christian'. I would happily wipe my ass with the bible (I wouldn't actually but you catch my drift). However why do people shit on others for havin ga faith?

If someone finds solace in something why not be happy for them?

If you aren't hurting anyone then do whatever the fuck you want!

True...but

I give you exhibit A:

Monsters Ball -
But eventually the haters will come around as things in this world get worse and worse. Even now the one world financial system that was prophesied in the bible is starting to take shape. The titanic has hit the iceberg my friends so get in a lifeboat while you can.

Exhibit B:

Zapruder -
Only problem with that is the fact that the more Atheist a country the more governmental regulations...so thats a fail

Great examples of the ridiculous crap that comes from religion and why people can't help but mock it.
3/5/09 11:49 PM
Sam Pai Kenpo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 
JDog - Its better than believing in Evolution

LOL, there is at least proof that evolution occurs.
LOL at Evolution.  If Evolution is real, then please reproduce Evolution in a laboratory or explain why there are no half ape, half humans still evolving.  The bottom line is you have faith in Evolution, because you can't explain it and don't understand it.  Evolution makes no sense.

If you believe in Evolution, you believe that a tornado flying over a junk yard can create a 747!!

3/5/09 11:53 PM
PembrokePinesVillain

i dont like the term....but if he did, good for him.
3/6/09 1:32 AM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDog - Its better than believing in Evolution

Is it OK to believe that the Earth is round and revolves around the sun? Is it OK to believe that bushes don't talk? Is it OK to believe that the Earth wasn't created in seven days. Seriously, how can you put your head in the sand and deny reality? Do you think it makes you a better person? I have no problem with people being religious as long as they are also moral and don't try to impose their beliefs on others, but I think it's a shame when they think that religion also means that you have can't think for yourself and must to believe in stuff that is blatantly untrue.
3/6/09 1:53 AM
FightScientist

Sam Pai Kenpo - 
HexRei - 

LOL at Evolution.  If Evolution is real, then please reproduce Evolution in a laboratory or explain why there are no half ape, half humans still evolving.  The bottom line is you have faith in Evolution, because you can't explain it and don't understand it.  Evolution makes no sense.

If you believe in Evolution, you believe that a tornado flying over a junk yard can create a 747!!

You obviously have ZERO understanding of Evolution. The whole point is that it cannot be recreated in a lab cause it took 4 Billion Years. Yet we witness it every day with speciation, adaptation.. and how many people on this board have had MRSA? How about VRSA? Tell the guy with VRSA that evolution does not exist. ANd that tornado flying over a junk yard and creating the 747 is perhaps the oldest and worst debate to evolution. Not one person who understands science would call this an analogy that is even close. Next you're gonna tell me about a watch in the forrest and who made it, or how a banana fits perfectly in a man's hand. These are the lamest arguments from simplistic minds that have been crushed a billion times over. One Anthro class at a local JC would give enough knowledge to sound like Einstein compared to that tired rhetoric.

Then again if you don't believe in Evolution you probably don't believe in relativity, or ay other basic physics, so Einstein probably isn't a good example.
3/6/09 2:21 AM
MattBenwa
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sam Pai Kenpo - 
HexRei - 

Gary, you are a respected and valued member of this forum.

However, your blind denial of evolution is just mind boggling! Do you just stick your head in the sand and ignore facts of the physical world? Here is but a bit of cognitive dissonance for you:

http://sci.waikato.ac.nz/bioblog/2008/07/you-wont-get-a-747-from-a-torn.shtml

Your faith is your own personal deal, and I respect that - but when you proselytize constantly while ignoring reality you really make yourself look silly.
3/6/09 2:30 AM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually, evolution has been observed in the lab in bacteria, fruit flies, hornworms, and probably other species that I'm not aware of:

http://biochemicalsoul.com/2008/10/evolution-in-action-fruit-flies-evolve-low-oxygen-tolerance-in-the-lab/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11147751/

http://futurismic.com/2008/06/11/evolution-observed-in-laboratory-bacteria/

We also know that all viruses from AIDS to the common flu are constantly evolving. How do you think AIDS can become resistant to drugs while remaining in a single person? Answer: it evolves. Its lifespan is so short that thousands of generations go by in just a few years, hence it can evolve resistance to the drugs very fast.

Perhaps the most clear example of evolution is the common dog. In nature, evolution is often called "natural selection" because the "survival of the fittest" concept leads to the fittest organisms being most likely to breed and pass on their genes. When people are doing the selection instead of nature, i.e. the domestication of wolves into all the breeds of dogs we have today, it's called "artificial selection" but it works by the exact same genetic mechanisms as natural selection. People selected for the traits they desired in the dogs, and after thousands of years we have man's best friend. New breeds are also popping up all the time.

So do you evolution-deniers refuse to acknowledge that people domesticated wolves into dogs? If not, I've got news for you: that's evolution. In fact, the concept of artificial selection is what lit the bulb in Darwin's head, and the rest is history.
3/6/09 3:03 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

i didnt evolve from a monkey...
3/6/09 3:06 AM
Mohammed

Based on this thread I'd say we are devolving.
3/6/09 5:28 AM
Mike Sanders

PembrokePinesVillain - i didnt evolve from a monkey...

Yeah, based on your posts on that Mike Brown thread I'd say you basically stayed the same. ;) LOL.
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.