UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> gardening advice?

3/7/09 1:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dunc
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am no master gardener and thought it might be good to have one thread for advice and questions. If I am wrong ignore this thread as soon as my question is answered. Tried to google but it was a clusterfuck.

I have an area at my home I plan on using for gardening. Half of it gets full sun and half gets full sun from about four feet up 3/4 of the day and then the base up the rest of the day.

My question really is what part of a fruit tree collects the sun light? Is it okay to plant a fruit tree where the base will get very little sunlight but the upper half will be in constant sun? I am figuring it is fine but wanted to make sure.
3/8/09 12:43 PM
dunc
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool, thanks. I planted a pear tree and an apricot tree. I want to do an apple and orange next, then move on to the veggies.
3/8/09 2:49 PM
kanotoa
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I piss on all my trees, it is a cheap way to add urea, phosphorus and other nutrients to the soil.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.