UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Booze when shtf

3/8/09 5:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jaywill
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does anyone include a healthy stock of grampas medicine in their emergency reserves? I am curious if it would serve as a valuable trade good among other things. with hard stuff you could sanitize wounds, its flammable, drinkable, plus the last depression showed that booze is damn important to the populace. Im stocked already on whiskey, vodka, and a few bottles of wine but I definitely need more.
3/8/09 6:10 AM
Mjollnir
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

booze will be on par with diesel if shit gets nutty. Don't know how ruthless you are but getting douchebags lit up and taking their shit will be be a common theme early on. Excellent investment/tool (if you can keep out of it yourself).
3/8/09 2:53 PM
kanotoa
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buying a distiller and learning how to use it might be really handy later on. You can use it before the SHTF. I know a guy who made some nice hard liquor out of berries he would collect on when he was on his ATV tours. You can make ethanol out of anything with sugar.
3/8/09 4:07 PM
dunc
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife and I are both very interested in trying to make some whiskey.
3/8/09 8:39 PM
jaywill
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking of making whiskey, but ive heard horror stories of guys going blind after drinking their shine. something about ethanol vs methanol or something like that.
3/9/09 3:36 PM
kanotoa
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jaywill - I was thinking of making whiskey, but ive heard horror stories of guys going blind after drinking their shine. something about ethanol vs methanol or something like that.

I think wood alcohol is the bad stuff. Make sure their are no branches when you distill. I would get a good book and follow the directions if I was going to distill. I believe it is illegal to distill any amount of alcohol, even for personal consumption, so keep it on the down low.
3/9/09 5:31 PM
dunc
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanotoa - 
jaywill - I was thinking of making whiskey, but ive heard horror stories of guys going blind after drinking their shine. something about ethanol vs methanol or something like that.

I think wood alcohol is the bad stuff. Make sure their are no branches when you distill. I would get a good book and follow the directions if I was going to distill. I believe it is illegal to distill any amount of alcohol, even for personal consumption, so keep it on the down low.

Beer and wine are legal but spirits require the tax man get his share.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.