UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Numbness in finger tips

3/8/09 4:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chooy721
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I either have a brachial plexus injury or a C5-6 radiculopathy from training. I don't hurt any more just some residual tingling and numbness in the C5 distribution. I am little newrvous about training again, but I love it. Going to sit it out for a while. maybe just do some technique, no rolling. Anybody else have the same problems?
3/9/09 10:46 PM
RDS

Have you been to a DC or MD to check yourself out? If not, you should.
3/16/09 12:39 AM
PCCHI

Going through the exact same thing on left side. It's been about 2.5 weeks. Been to a general MD, who thought it was probably a pinched nerve, for which he gave me a steroid pack and some pain killers. Went to a Sports MD who said its probably the same thing. He gave me some sample Celebrex, ordered an MRI, and scheduled some PT. It's getting better but this sucks.
3/16/09 11:05 PM
chooy721

Yeah it sucks
3/31/09 1:31 AM
JasonE

I have some thoughts on what may be going on. This is the kind of stuff I treat all the time. Most MDs say "pinched nerve", give meds and recommend rest... but there's a lot that may be done.

Here's a thread where I lay out some thoughts that may be relevant to your situation:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum.posts&thread=1387952&forum=27&page=1&pc=14

Some of the other threads I cite in that discussion also have info that I think may be relevant to your situation.

Hope all that helps!

Jason Erickson
www.CSTMinnesota.com
4/3/09 2:15 AM
Technician

This can come from many sources.

As RDS mentioned visit a DC or MD to get checked out. If this is a peripheral neuropathy (i.e. not coming from your neck) an EMG test will indicate if there is any nerve damage present causing your symptoms. An MRI or the cervical spine will rule out cervical radiculopathy.

What makes you think it is a brachial plexus injury? Do you practice in the health care field? Or have you consulted a professional?

Get checked out to be sure.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.