UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New Monthly MMA Workout Programs Available

3/9/09 9:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wiggy
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey y'all,

I wanted to tell y'all about my new monthly MMA workout programs called "Power Trip".  (I know we don't really like shills around here, but since I like to think that I contribute a fair amount....at least on the S&C forum, anyway... I didn't think y'all would mind.  ;-)

I won't go into the whole thing here, but when you join Power Trip, you get a ton of free stuff up front including a diet FAQ, 100+ pagescalorie/protein/carbs/fat charts, activity intensity rating charts, a calculator to determine how many calories you burn doing a given activity, training and 'power complexes' FAQs, RM charts, supplier listings, and more. 

Each month you get a total S&C program (to include your upper/lower strength & power, aerobic training, intervals, complexes, bodyweight conditioning, etc. - the whole nine yards...and it's all laid out by day, set, reps, etc.), printable workout logs, the Power Trip newsletter, and the monthly Power Trip audio seminar.

When you have a fight coming up, let me know and I'll send you (free) a specific fight prep program.

From what I've seen, nobody is offering anything like this on a continuous basis for as cheap as I'm doing it.

If you're interested in more info, please check out my site.

I'm always here for questions.

Thanks for taking a look.

Wiggy - www.workingclassfitness.com
3/9/09 10:29 AM
HELWIG
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
3/9/09 11:24 AM
UncannySage
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Few quick questions >

1. Does the programming take into account all of the various training that the athletes already do?

I ask as it looks like your prescribing workouts broken down by the day, so are you given some sort of ideas on how to adjust these to your training schedule?

2. What type of equipment is needed?
2a. Is the program "friendly" to the "globo gym" environment (ex. not tying up shit tons of equipment)?

3. If this is a monthly program, is the programming cyled, varied, etc. month to month?

3. For the "fight prep" program how far out from the fight to you transition to this?

Thanks.
3/9/09 11:41 AM
Wiggy
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UncannySage - Few quick questions >

1. Does the programming take into account all of the various training that the athletes already do?

I ask as it looks like your prescribing workouts broken down by the day, so are you given some sort of ideas on how to adjust these to your training schedule?

That's covered in the FAQ. And anybody that needs help is always welcome to contact me - I'm always glad to help and do what I can to help you succeed.

UncannySage - 2. What type of equipment is needed?
2a. Is the program "friendly" to the "globo gym" environment (ex. not tying up shit tons of equipment)?

These workouts can be done in any commercial gym, high school/college weight room, or even a decent home gym. Extra stuff like sandbags, KBs, bands, sledge hammers, etc. are NOT needed. However, they can be used/substituted in the programs, and I cover how to do that as well. (In fact, there are certain workouts I even recommend it, just for the change of pace/scenery.)

UncannySage - 3. If this is a monthly program, is the programming cyled, varied, etc. month to month?

It's a complete program that could go on as long as you need. It utilizes some concepts of conjugate/concurrent programming, so that you're always utilizing different methods/means of accomplishing the same goals. The workouts are varied so that you're not doing the same workout every Monday, Thursday, etc., but there also is a plan to it so that it's not just 'let's see how hard of a workout I can come up with today'.

UncannySage - 3. For the "fight prep" program how far out from the fight to you transition to this?

Thanks.

The fight prep program as-is is 7-weeks, though it could still be used from 6-8 weeks. And again, I'd be glad to help anybody with personal tweaks they'd specifically need.

Hope all that helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Wiggy
3/9/09 1:43 PM
Wiggy

ttt
3/9/09 8:00 PM
Wiggy

ttt
3/9/09 8:19 PM
Posty Magee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will this help me more than doing 25 puchups and 20 crunches every night, and i mean EVERY night?
3/9/09 9:34 PM
Kirik
1599 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 ttt
3/9/09 10:27 PM
Kneeblock
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

3/9/09 10:37 PM
Wiggy

Thanks for the ttt guys!
3/9/09 11:23 PM
HELWIG
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy knows his stuff.

He went out of his way to help me prepare my S&C for a PPV fight. I very well could have lost if I wasnt doing this shit because it went the distance and the guy just wouldnt give up.

Get the expert perspective from Wiggy without the drama and fluff of some others in the industry.
3/9/09 11:30 PM
Wiggy

Thanks bud - I appreciate those good words!

And when the hell are you fighting again? Last I heard, you were injured.

You know to get in touch w/me the next time you're ready for fight prep, right? If you thought what you did before was good...well...you ain't seen nothin'. ;-)

Wiggy
3/9/09 11:48 PM
toshii
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how much does it cost?
3/10/09 1:23 AM
Wiggy

$17/month

Wiggy - www.workingclassfitness.com
3/10/09 6:44 AM
QUENTEN

EliteFightCompany, Tristanandrews04
TTT
3/10/09 9:12 AM
WidespreadPanic

The Articles

(suggestion: Put up some screenshots of the program/interface on your site;  apologies if you did already, didn't see them)

3/10/09 9:19 AM
HELWIG

"$17/month"

Tyrant.
3/10/09 9:40 AM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is this guy? What does he know about training? has he ever fought?? What kinda tough guy calls himself "Wiggy"??

I KEED! I KEED! Wiggy is good people! If you don't know who he is, trot over to the S&C forum. He is full of good and solid advice, and always willing to help. Been in the game for some time. Support him if you can! (even if it is just a ttt to get the word out more)
3/10/09 9:42 AM
Wiggy

WidespreadPanic:

Please elaborate...why do you say this?

Helwig:

Damn right - don't you forget it. No more SNES games for you. ;-)

SILK:

LOL - thanks dude. I appreciate it!

Wiggy
3/10/09 10:19 AM
PAGrappler412
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/10/09 10:24 AM
WidespreadPanic

Wiggy - WidespreadPanic:

Please elaborate...why do you say this?

I just think that screenshots are enticing, interesting, and will generate sales.  Since you can't post a 'demo program' with a limited feature set, or time constrained, being a web app, and not a stand-alone PC program, the next best thing is to put up screenshot.

Make several thumbnails of the various views/pages of your web-application, link them up to full-size screenshot which open in a new window. Gives people a visual idea of your interface. If you're worried people will steal your idea, just blur some things. People just like to see what they're buying, is all I'm saying. :)

3/10/09 10:30 AM
macfights

ttt
3/10/09 7:23 PM
toshii

$17 every month?  That seems kind of expensive.
3/10/09 8:46 PM
Wiggy

WidespreadPanic,

Ahhhh - I get you. I kinda figured you meant something along those lines, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the feedback - I'll look into it.

toshii,

You're kidding right? For $45 you can get one UFC PPV (more if it's HD) that will last roughly 3 hours.

Or for just a tad more than that, you can get 3 months worth of full S&C workout programs, workout logs, the newsletter, audio seminar...not to mention all the free stuff...
3/10/09 10:31 PM
Your Arsonist
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for doing something for us that you don't have to do :o)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.