UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Question for Mr. Harris on DVD

3/9/09 3:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mimi43
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/09 3:42 PM

I know you have mentioned making a wrist lock DVD recently. I purchased Mr. Dean's wrist lock DVD which is very very informative & well made...but what I am interested in is a DVD with wrist lock techniques during grappling situations.
My question is...are you still going to make this DVD and will it pertain to grappling situations? Thanks for you time.
3/11/09 12:44 PM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. I plan to make a "Functional Wrist Locking" DVD this fall. I plan to have it ready by Christmas.

Roy Harris
3/13/09 8:07 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will pre order this DVD. Can't wait
10/26/09 10:31 AM
Mimi43

Mr. Harris...any word if the video will be available this year?!
10/26/09 10:55 AM
twinkletoesCT
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Modern Self-Defense Center, Head Instructor
This is on the list of upcoming DVDs, but not on the immediate front. Check the thread called "Roy: Trapping" for details about the upcoming videos.
10/27/09 6:04 PM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The "Functional Wrist Locking" DVD will be available in 2010. When? I don't have a date. I still have a ton of other DVDs to film first.

My first instructional DVD to appear will be on "Harris Jiu Jitsu 103Grip Fighting: Grips, Grabs, Hooks, Pincers and more." I finished filming last week and am in the process of editing right now.

Roy
10/28/09 12:10 PM
Decado24
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grips, Grabs, Hooks, Pincers, and more are not given enough attention in bjj. I'm happy somebody is finally addressing this issue, can't wait to get this dvd.
10/28/09 5:05 PM
Roy Harris

Thank you Decado24!

When I thought long and hard about WHICH DVD I wanted to produce first, I decided I wanted the first one to HIT A NERVE within our community - much like "Takedowns from the Knees" did!

Since no one else had done an instructional DVD on Grips, Grabs, Hooks and Pincers for groundwork, I thought it would be a good idea for me to make one available FIRST.

Now, 80+ techniques (plus a handful of training methods) are shown on this DVD! It should keep y'all busy for several months. 

I really only scratched the surface on this topic on this 90+ minute instructional. I can tell that I will have to make at least one follow up DVD in the future, maybe two :-)

Roy Harris
10/29/09 1:50 PM
Roy Harris

JiujitsuForever,

I am in the process of editing the footage as I write. I'll be done with editing in about two weeks. I'll send it off to a replicator. When they're finished with the manufacturing process, I'll then make it available for sale and use a fulfillment service to have the DVDs shipped around early December. 

I'm excited about using this new fulfillment service because they will ship the DVDs within 24 hours of receiving the order - except on Fridays and Saturdays. Woo-Hoo! No more days of standing in line at the post office, or having orders sit in my inbox or in my voicemail while I travel for seminars. I can't tell you how much stress this is going to relieve!

Early next week, I will send a pre-order message to everyone on my "opt-in" e-mailing list. Because of their loyalty and patience, they will get first dibs on the new DVD at a great price! I'll make the DVD available for sale sometime around Thanksgiving. However, most orders will probably not ship until early December - in time for Christmas :-)

I am looking forward to presenting this new info. I am positive this new DVD will make a significant improvement in your game!

Roy Harris

10/30/09 9:03 PM
BucketBot

Roy Harris - JiujitsuForever,

I am in the process of editing the footage as I write. I'll be done with editing in about two weeks. I'll send it off to a replicator. When they're finished with the manufacturing process, I'll then make it available for sale and use a fulfillment service to have the DVDs shipped around early December. 

I'm excited about using this new fulfillment service because they will ship the DVDs within 24 hours of receiving the order - except on Fridays and Saturdays. Woo-Hoo! No more days of standing in line at the post office, or having orders sit in my inbox or in my voicemail while I travel for seminars. I can't tell you how much stress this is going to relieve!

Early next week, I will send a pre-order message to everyone on my "opt-in" e-mailing list. Because of their loyalty and patience, they will get first dibs on the new DVD at a great price! I'll make the DVD available for sale sometime around Thanksgiving. However, most orders will probably not ship until early December - in time for Christmas :-)

I am looking forward to presenting this new info. I am positive this new DVD will make a significant improvement in your game!

Roy Harris

Mr. Harris,

Is there a way to get onto your "opt-in" mailing list (as i do not believe i am on it).
I have the majority of your DVDs, and have been waiting with baited breath for these DVDs since you 1st mentioned them (i kid you not when i say that i look at your section on this forum 2-3 times a week to look for news on these DVDs)

if not...i will await the offical release of these DVDs

look forward to hearing from you
11/4/09 3:11 PM
Mimi43

Cannot wait for the Functional Wrist Lock DVD!!!
12/9/09 2:15 PM
Decado24
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy,

Last you wrote, you had estimated the dvd "Grips, Grabs, Hooks and Pincers" would be ready by early December. Any update on this?
4/10/10 4:55 AM
Roy Harris

The DVD is on its way to the replicator!

Roy
4/13/10 8:53 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome!
4/16/10 7:02 PM
Edge08
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sifu Roy,
I happened to check out dragondoor.com and noticed that you were HKC certfied. Firstly, congrats and secondly, are you planning on incorporating more kettlebell type training in your seminar/DVDs?
4/21/10 6:21 PM
Roy Harris

Edge08,

First, thank you!

Second, I will be talking more about kettlebells and their application for Jiu Jitsu training in my DVDs. In the first DVD, I talk about how the kettlebell can help with grip training. I also have another DVD coming out this fall on kettlebells.

Third, I do talk about kettlebells at my seminars from time to time, but many people THINK they already know what kettlebells are about. Some turn a deaf ear to what I have to say on the topic :-/ 

For example, I had a guy recently tell me (after a seminar) that he saw no difference between kettlebells and Olympic lifts. It took me 15 to 20 minutes to explain the RAW basics to him. What I mean by that is I spent 15 to 20 minutes explaining theory, mindset, grips, the complexities of the grips, the simultaneous development of strength and flexibility, things Olympics lifters never do or consider (that Hardstyle Kettlebellers do ever rep), and a few other choice topics. Not once did I talk about any of the 500+ kettlebell exercises. I wanted him to see that even from the beginning, kettlebells are NOTHING like Olympic lifts. They may look the same in certain ways, but the mindset, the grips and the complexity of the contractions are entirely different than Olympic lifts. His response: "Oh........No one had ever explained that to me before. Thanks for sharing that with me!"

Roy

4/26/10 6:54 PM
Edge08
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/26/10 6:55 PM
I'm a big fan of Olympic lifts; bench, squats and deadlifts. Always try to do some form of them every week. At the same time many professional consider swings and Get Ups as some of the best exercises we don't usually do. Thanks for spreading the good news. Ever since the Rockford, IL seminar last year, with your recommendation I've been enjoying Pavel's awesome training methods.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.