UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Sinus Infections and Nasal Rinses

3/9/09 9:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Empire
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nay to the infections, but do you feel that saline nasal rinses like the NeilMed ones are good in preventing this, clearing you out and helping the healing/curing process?
3/9/09 9:10 PM
Empire
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any other good suggestions?

i'm sick of it. i'm going to start buying those ionic air purifiers soon if they do the job.
3/11/09 2:09 PM
cluster
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

from my personal experience, I just put sea salt in my neti pot and did both nostrils every night. Helped with what the doc called "inflamed nasal lining" and I was pretty happy with how it cleared my head out to breathe easier.

Then I broke my neti pot and stopped. For $20 the pot might be worth trying, especially before getting one of those air purifiers that have been proven to not work (and potentially be harmful).
3/11/09 10:36 PM
Jove
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried a saline rinse in plastic bottle from the drug store, but it had a nasty tasting preservative in it, yecch! I prefer to just mix up salt in warmish water in a cup(like cluster sed); but use a plastic bulb (like to wash out your ears) rather than a neti pot. Obviously keep it (the bulb) clean so as not to re-infect. I think it does help.
3/18/09 9:58 PM
Empire

well, i've been using a NeilMed plastic bulb/bottle w/ nozzle that comes w/ packets of fine salt for mixing w/ water.

it's helped a ton. it got all the funk out of there after a few days of using it.

i highly recommend it.
3/18/09 9:58 PM
Empire

well, i've been using a NeilMed plastic bulb/bottle w/ nozzle that comes w/ packets of fine salt for mixing w/ water.

it's helped a ton. it got all the funk out of there after a few days of using it.

i highly recommend it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.