UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> History Channel's Ancient Aliens Show & Wikipedia

3/19/09 12:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OneScoup
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw the History channel's 2hr documentary on the ancient alien theory, it was amazing. Loads of really convincing evidence. These theories are truly moving closer and closer to mainstream.

Interesting enough I checked out Wikipedia and very little of the types of resources I see Redneck post were referenced. Some really motivated theorist should lend a hand over at wikipedia.
3/19/09 3:45 PM
Iron Man
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the show was really interesting.
3/21/09 3:16 PM
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone know if/where it can be watched online?
3/26/09 9:23 AM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

probably on youtube
4/8/09 3:10 PM
lordbreakdown
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

required reading are:
Gods of Eden by William Bramley
Exploring Reincarnation by Hans TemDan
The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot
Dark Mission by Richard Hoagland
Catchers of Heaven by Dr. Michael Wolf

..to start

Good YouTube searches are:
Alex Collier
Phil Schneider
Dr. Michael Wolf
5/27/09 11:05 AM
seg
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I DVR'd it and am just getting around to watching it.  Seemed to me like there were way too many holes in some of their theories.

For example, I've always been intrigued by the Nazca lines, but I don't buy the landing strip theory posited on the show.  First, if we assume the aliens' ships were based off of some type of space shuttle type technology where the ship lands on earth like a plane, shouldn't there be some kind of wheel tracks or other evidence that the "landing strips" were ever used as such?  The lines are perfectly preserved after hundreds of years, but the wheel marks somehow magically disappeared?  I call BS.

Second, with regard to the building of the pyramids, they posit advanced alien technology must have been used, but then ignore the fact that the Step Pyramid and other mastaba on top of mastaba structures clearly predate the great pyramid.  The Egyptians were clearly experimenting and learning through trial and error.  They also ignore the excavations showing the housing for thousands and thousands of workers, which would not be requried with advanced levitation technology.

Third, they had some dude on there say that the Mayan king was 7 or 8 feet tall, which I think he based off of the size of a stone carving.  That made no fucking sense.  If that was a logical conclusion, then Rhamses II must have been 60 feet tall, as his statues at Abu Simbel are that tall.  Abe Lincoln must have been as tall as his statue at the Lincoln Memorial, etc.

Otherwise, it's a pretty cool show even if the theories are a stretch.  I hope to finish it tonight.
3/23/10 12:15 AM
wiegraf

Edited: 03/23/10 1:22 AM
I'd like to believe that there are aliens, but realistically we'll never see them because it just isn't practical. If anyone knows anything about very basic physics, they'd understand that it just isn't reasonable to travel such long distances in such small ships - especially ones that can maneuver so well in an atmosphere. Also, if aliens did have technology to get to earth alive (realize that the trip would take so long they'd probably be long dead by arrival), they most certainly wouldn't be using wheels or landing strips. Also, their technology and influence would be far different than stacking up some blocks in the middle of a desert.<br /><br />It's conceivable, although extremely unlikely that a stray alien spacecraft has hurled through space for millions of years and just happened to crash into earth, but it almost definitely would have been destroyed during entry into the atmosphere.
5/1/10 4:39 PM
Johnny99

Gods of Eden is an amazing book. Aside from the deep research and alternative historical perspective, and convincing arguments, "Bramley" (not the author's real name) is just a wonderful writer. His prose is a pleasure to read.

I recommend the book highly. Even if you take none of his evidence at face value, you will still learn some amazing historical facts that you might never have learned.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.