UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> 2009 MLS Season

7/13/09 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
invalid
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
7/17/09 8:54 PM
grizz632
690 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just some good clean fun at the old ballpark right there

Go Fire!!!
7/20/09 8:25 AM
invalid
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha this is great:

CARSON, California (AP) -- David Beckham received an ugly reception in his first home game back with the Los Angeles Galaxy, first getting booed then confronting a fan at halftime of his team's 2-2 draw with Italian club AC Milan on Sunday.

Anti-Beckham sentiment ran high as the English star returned after missing half of the Major League Soccer season while on a five-month loan to AC Milan. He was clearly angered by the frequent booing and derisive banners held up in a corner of the stadium where one of the team's fan groups sits...

The homemade signs all had messages directed at Beckham. "Go home fraud" read one, with a red slash through his No. 23 jersey number. Another said, "23: Repent," while another read, "Hey Becks, Here Before You, Here After You, Here Despite You." Another read, "Is evil something u are...or something u do."

At halftime, Beckham walked toward the L.A. Riot Squad section and motioned to a fan to come closer. A man jumped down from the seats and was subdued by security before being taken away.

"One of the guys was saying things that wasn't very nice. It was stepping over the line," Beckham said. "I said, `You need to calm down and come shake my hand,' and he jumped over."

The man was arrested by Cal State Dominguez Hills police for trespassing because he left the seating area, a Home Depot Center spokeswoman said

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/07/19/becks.booed.ap/index.html?eref=T1
7/20/09 9:54 AM
Extendo
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man, I'm going to have to watch every LA home game from now on.

Here is a vid of the encounter.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2009/07/20/david-beckham-in-ugly-confrontation-with-fans-91466-24195679/

Another write-up with some really good pics of the banners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1200828/David-Beckham-ugly-confrontation-angry-fans-home-return-LA-Galaxy.html;jsessionid=FCDC56BA0E3F2EB9F0466CACE64127D0
7/20/09 10:38 AM
invalid

Oh man, that's great. Good to know the circus is back in town lol
7/28/09 7:53 AM
invalid

Oh man, I think my hangover finally went away from this year's Trillium

Are you heading to PR for the Champions League game, dude? I was so happy to see Fox Soccer Channel is playing it Weds. night
7/29/09 8:12 AM
invalid

All Star Game tonight!

Been spoiled with all these games lately!
7/29/09 4:58 PM
Extendo
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/29/09 5:57 PM
Fuck man, congrats on that win. Once again we had a lead and threw it all away.

The game tonight is in Toronto and August 4th in PR. I'm not heading down actually. It didn't really come together sadly. If we move on I will do some traveling but we will probably end up playing you guys if we do.

Going to try and catch some of the All Star game when I get back tonight.
7/31/09 11:39 AM
invalid

Thanks man. This year was about as close as it gets - 3 Games and it took a stoppage time goal to get a winner. Crazy stuff.

A Bunch of news is flying around lately:

Colorado waives Terry Cooke, which is a pretty big shocker.

FC Dallas trades Kenny Cooper to 1860 Munich

and in not so shocking news... Khano Smith was waived by New York
8/4/09 6:46 AM
invalid

Kansas City fire Onalfo

wow, you'd think NY would have won this contest lol
8/4/09 11:12 AM
Extendo

When Jeff Cunningham scores four goals on you in a single game maybe it is time for a little blood letting.

Not too sure that is the best move for Cooper but he certainly getting the attention he deserved being on a team like FC Dallas.
8/4/09 11:17 AM
invalid

Dude, Cunningham is a monster that plays on a crap team. You don't score 110+ goals when you suck
8/4/09 2:09 PM
Extendo

Edited: 08/04/09 2:18 PM
I know, but the last crap team he played on was TFC where he couldn't get past 99 and cost us the Canadian Champions dealio last year when we missed a wide open net. I know we were unfair to him then, and we will continue to be unfair to him now.
8/5/09 10:30 AM
invalid

I forgot about that. It's your duty to hate the guy haha
8/20/09 1:36 PM
Extendo

Sounding like Houston has signed Striker Luis Angel Landin from Cruz Azul as a DP.
8/21/09 10:45 AM
invalid

Jesus. That can't be good lol
8/21/09 7:13 PM
Extendo

Yeah, I was hoping that losing DeRo to us would throw them off a bit. Not one bit.
9/2/09 10:41 AM
invalid

Hey. We just lost to New York. Yep, that New York lol.

Tonight's US Open Cup Final is DC hosting Seattle... and I want them both to lose.
9/2/09 10:55 AM
Extendo

Yeah I saw that. They had to get a win at some point but I'm surprised they got it off you guys.

I'm fearing this may be another year we don't make the playoffs sadly. We should have won in Seattle but DeRo or all people missed an open net. At this point I have to figure that we could probably get Drogba or Torres in and Barrett's contagiousness would have them shooting wide or ten feet over the net every other shot.
9/3/09 10:42 AM
invalid

I dunno, man - I think Chicago is due a meltdown. They have a tough season ending schedule. Someone did it on BigSoccer, but they figured out the remaining strength of schedule (http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155985) - basically they have the second hardest ending to the regular season behind us. That and their team seems to be falling apart in the locker room.

Factor in that DC just played more Open Cup games on top of Champions League, which Columbus is also getting hit hard with (5-0... ouch). I don't see how you don't get it.

Speaking of Shitcago... Rolfe confirmed to be heading to Denmark in the offseason.
9/3/09 5:02 PM
grizz632
690 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't like to see Rolfe go, but he's replaceable
9/8/09 4:38 PM
Extendo

I hope you are right, invalid, but I still fear we may be waiting another year.

BUT, but, our team should be a little tighter tomorrow. It's highly rumoured that Julian De Guzman will become our DP tomorrow. That should give us one of the best midfields in MLS. Wish I could say the same about the quality of our strikers!

In any case, it should help.
9/9/09 2:25 PM
Extendo

Dichio announced his retirement today, presumably to clear up some cap space for JDG.

He's taking over as coach of the TFC Academy immediately.
9/10/09 10:45 AM
invalid

Man, that is a pretty shitty situation overall. They threw him a bone, but he totally got all Chuck Liddell'd.
9/11/09 10:32 AM
Extendo

Yeah, it's kind of bittersweet but at least he is staying with the club, and in the city. Apparently there was a bit of interest from other MLS teams to keep him on for one more year, and it would have been awful to have to jeer him whenever he came to BMO.

De Guzman is signed and sealed. Delivery is at 1:15 PM today.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.