UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> 2009 MLS Season

9/11/09 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
invalid
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know anything about De Guzman.

Where do you think he'll play?
9/11/09 1:24 PM
grizz632
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad about Dichio, though according to this list I found online his new job comes with heavy responsibilities (number 5 is my favorite)

Surprising duties and perks of Danny Dichio's new gig

11. Has to give Ali Gerba hairstyle tips

10. Not allowed to Wikipedia "Kevin Keegan"

9. Has to be Prom DJ at MLSE exec's kids' high schools

8. Must let Mo Johnston sit on his shoulders during all future press conferences.

7. Can challenge Pinball Clemons to a wrestle

6. Gets to live in CNE's Food Building

5. Forced to get things off of the top shelf for Chad Barrett

4. Welcomed to throw ceremonial "first punch" in South Stand before each match

3. Official supporters groups must go to his house every night and quietly sing "The Dichio Song" until he falls asleep

2. Dichio's Etobicoke basement: wall-to-wall Field Turf

1. All the Chip Buttys he can eat
9/11/09 1:27 PM
grizz632
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/11/09 1:29 PM
double post
9/11/09 1:29 PM
grizz632

Edited: 09/11/09 1:42 PM
 Long live the legend of Imhotep

9/11/09 1:51 PM
Extendo
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid - I don't know anything about De Guzman.

Where do you think he'll play?

He was playing for Deportivo in Spain for the last four years. He's a defensive holding midfielder by nature. I expect he will stay in that role and they will give DeRo a little more free range.

De Guzman, DeRo and Gerba link up quite well for us in International play so I hope it translates well in MLS.

And LOL @ Grizz!
9/11/09 2:10 PM
Extendo
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/11/09 3:38 PM
Here's a little vid on De Guzman.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1176

In other good news, MLSE approved grass for us for next year. I'll be smoking some tonight in celebration!
9/16/09 11:15 AM
invalid
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll just leave this here lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixNPgG_YZg&feature=player_embedded
9/18/09 3:18 PM
Extendo

ha, that was pretty good. He seems like an incredibly nice guy.

Debut of De Guzman tomorrow in LA! Can't fucking wait.
9/20/09 2:11 AM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw De Guzman play a few times on tele when he was at Deportivo. Went to the game tonight and wasn't really impressed with his play. Why did he go to TFC? The times I saw him play, he came on as a sub. I assume he wasn't getting playing time?

Toronto as a whole was just completely shut down tonight. Except for some intermittent mistakes at the back by the Galaxy, they contained Toronto the whole match. A bit of excitement for the crowd watching Becks get into it with Guevara and go into the books. Some shockingly impressive passing going on between Becks, Birchell and Landycakes tonight.
9/21/09 9:31 AM
invalid

Takedown - I saw De Guzman play a few times on tele when he was at Deportivo. Went to the game tonight and wasn't really impressed with his play. Why did he go to TFC? The times I saw him play, he came on as a sub. I assume he wasn't getting playing time?

Extendo would know more about that but from what I understand he was out of contract and wanted to come home. TFC is paying his value, so it's win-win. Didn't get a chance to see the game - I thought it was the FSC game but was wrong.

My team stole a tie at Chicago yesterday. Down 2-0 at half and they came back. Another late penalty but the broadcast didn't show too much. No idea if it was correct or not but I'll take it
9/21/09 10:06 AM
Extendo

Tricky and frustrating game. We had a lot of possession but it was all midfield, which was the fear.

De Guzman was getting playing time at Deportivo, and was their player of the year for 2007. Gold Cup player of the year as well. Problem is that they still owe him well over a million bucks. He wants to play there, but also wants to get paid. Toronto decided to splash out for him.

Don't think it will save the season, but should help overall. Without a doubt we need an enforcer to protect him a little bit though.
9/21/09 12:33 PM
invalid

I miss the trainwreck Los Angeles. wtf is this new version?!
9/21/09 1:21 PM
Extendo

Yeah go figure, the book comes out about all the problems and suddenly Becks and Donovan are playing well together. Just goes to show how chaotic this league can be.
9/24/09 2:12 PM
Extendo

Oh looky looky who you guys get for your home opener next year. I'm coming this time for real.
9/25/09 11:22 AM
invalid

Sweet man. I'll make sure I get some nice smoke lined up
10/2/09 12:15 PM
Extendo

Excellent! Should be a different kind of trip. The supporters groups aren't organizing anything formal so TFC fans should be spread out through the stadiium.

Anyway, hope you guys don't get turfed out for swearing when your old coach rolls into town with his band of martians. Maybe you should change it to "Marc McCullers shut the fuck up".

Here's a blog for from a Toronto alky commenting on the situation that you might enjoy.

http://onwardsoccer.com/?p=1656
10/5/09 1:56 PM
invalid

Fat Sigi came in and snapped our 22 game home unbeaten streak.

Bastard!
10/6/09 9:42 AM
invalid

LOL

so I guess before DC's game this guy was in the lot near the Screaming Eagles and Barra Brava tailgates selling Fire Tom Soehn shirts. Some lady pulled up in an SUV got out and started yelling at him. She even kicked his box of shirts over...

Yea, it was Tom's wife

DC United: A History of Excellence
10/6/09 10:24 AM
Extendo

LOL, that's awesome.
11/6/09 10:51 AM
Extendo

Another year, another champion. I'm sticking with my original pick of Chicago.
11/6/09 12:47 PM
grizz632

Extendo - Another year, another champion. I'm sticking with my original pick of Chicago.

Smart man
11/19/09 9:42 AM
invalid

I've remained silent. Because of the heartache.
11/19/09 9:54 AM
Extendo

Completely understandable.

Heard Schelotto might be moving on.
11/19/09 10:16 AM
invalid

We're all holding our breathe. Hunt Sports Group's cheapness coming out again because he was offered 37% of his current salary.

That being said he was offered mid-season a renewal at the current rate and he declined.

No idea what's going on, though.

Here's to hoping for a Salt Lake title lol
11/19/09 10:39 AM
Extendo

I had heard about the mid-season renewal that he passed on, and then got injured.

Maybe we can pick him up for cheap.

Agree on Salt Lake, just to see Landycakes cry.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.