UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Tell Me About McGill University

3/21/09 9:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What can you tell me about it? Just found out a friend is going there. Do they have a Judo team? Is it a god school?
4/4/09 11:59 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a great university! Great city too! Montreal, WOOO!!!

Montreal is home to the Shidokan-- the best Judo in North America.
1/29/10 9:33 PM
alley
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went there. Good school, and takes great care of its students. Has an excellent reputation, but probably based more on its past then its present, but still good. Wait a second... were you specifically asking about the theology department?

No judo team, but a crappy judo club. Don't know this Shidokan, but it's not part of mcgill.

Montreal is a fun city, and the francophone girls are hot and easy.
2/25/10 3:00 PM
duckrabbit
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Montreal is the best, McGill is the icing on the cake. Like any school, it depends what dept.
3/7/10 8:41 PM
glassman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Academically great school, fun city, best judo in North America-not at McGill though. Lows are very little school spirit if you are looking for a U.S. style experience with foootball games etc.
4/21/10 2:01 PM
Retard
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NDFS
4/21/10 2:01 PM
Retard
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NDFS
8/9/10 5:15 PM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i believe it was rated one of the top 10 universities in the world recently
9/2/10 1:33 PM
Brabo Fett

Entreri - i believe it was rated one of the top 10 universities in the world recently

i believe that you are high on maple syrup . mcgill is a top school in CANADA. realistically speaking. it would be a 2nd tier university in the united states and by no means anywhere near the top 10 in the world.

9/6/10 4:06 PM
The Dark Canuck
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brabo Fett - 
Entreri - i believe it was rated one of the top 10 universities in the world recently

i believe that you are high on maple syrup . mcgill is a top school in CANADA. realistically speaking. it would be a 2nd tier university in the united states and by no means anywhere near the top 10 in the world.

I've got to agree with this. In fact, I wonder whether or not it is even a top-tier school in Canada anymore. It does seem as though its reputation is still excellent in other parts of the world, however. And I say all this as a McGill alumn.

Still, pretty damn good school that costs relatively little compared to US schools, is in a great city, and has phenomenally hot women.
11/28/10 7:19 PM
Gavanshir

Are you planning on getting an undergraduate degree in Judo?

For anything else, I would recommend Concordia University. Great institution that is growing fast while maintaining small class sizes and its warm and welcoming community.
11/30/10 11:57 AM
MBeamer32

Great university, beautiful area, fun city
12/14/10 12:15 PM
temp233686

The Dark Canuck - 
Brabo Fett - 

I've got to agree with this. In fact, I wonder whether or not it is even a top-tier school in Canada anymore. It does seem as though its reputation is still excellent in other parts of the world, however. And I say all this as a McGill alumn.

Still, pretty damn good school that costs relatively little compared to US schools, is in a great city, and has phenomenally hot women.

McGill was ranked 18th in the world by US News.
http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/worlds-best-universities/2010/09/21/worlds-best-universities-top-400-.html

Personally, I thought the education was good, the administration was poor, the facilities were poor, but the city was awesome, the people were great and the costs were very resonable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.