UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Another win for the good guys

3/22/09 3:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.northcountrygazette.org/2009/03/20/suffolk_invasion/

SUFFOLK COUNTY—A Suffolk County jury in Riverhead has convicted two men of burglary, robbery and weapons charges for a 2007 home invasion of a Holtsville residence.

After a three-week trial and four hours of deliberations, Bernard Brothers, 27 of  Coram and Lindel Buggs-Ward, 31, of Patchogue were found guilty Friday of  three counts of burglary first degree, three counts of first degree robbery and second degree criminal possession of a weapon.

Both defendants were on parole Aug. 22, 2007 when they broke into a house at 238 Woodycrest Drive in Holtsville and confronted two sleeping residents at 2:30 in the morning.  Buggs-Ward brandished a loaded .38; Brothers was armed with a .9 mm as they demanded cash and jewelry.  Another person in the house heard the robbery in progress and called 911.  Suffolk police arrested both men. 

The occupants of the house, including a 10 year old child, were not injured.

Suffolk District Attorney Thomas Spota said because Buggs-Ward and Brothers are persistent felony offenders with prior robbery and burglary convictions, prosecutors will recommend the maximum sentence of 50 years to life at the pair’s sentencing on April 17 in Riverhead.   3-20-09

-Shaz!

3/22/09 12:16 PM
Xtina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good job.
3/23/09 7:08 PM
pm1964
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No chair for them? Good job.
3/23/09 8:16 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now...truth be told they were there on invitation, were there to buy some firearms and they left their wallets in the car. Then all of a sudden the owner of the residence flipped out. He just happened to know the sheriff

Another long list of trumped up charges by a D.A. shame on you.

hehe
3/23/09 10:43 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pfffttt - I am trying a common law robbery in about 2 weeks where somebody got their MP3 player jacked at school! Let me know when you are ready to step up to the big leagues.

Side note, I have no idea why my guy won't plea this. They offered a misd. and there are about 5 State witnesses and we just have my guy saying they are full of shit and just don't like him.
3/24/09 2:37 PM
pm1964
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a really intelligent client. We've all had those.
3/26/09 1:39 PM
None So Blind
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like he watched that scene from "My Cousin Vinny" - "Yeah, everything that guy said just now was bullshit."    :-P
3/27/09 9:36 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is the best opening statement ever.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.