UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Ammo prices never to go down?

3/22/09 12:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will ammo be taxed to the point where it is unaffordable to shoot. I heard of people buying ammo by the PALET.

Is this the new way to circumvent the 2nd amendment.
3/22/09 4:02 PM
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't expect it to come down anytime soon. If it does, thats great. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
3/24/09 9:47 AM
The Double Deuce

Honestly as long as President Obama is in office, how can you expect prices to drop? It is very sad that people are paying double the price from not too long ago. Shooting is now a very expensive hobby. Preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse is even more costly. Now is time to worry about further appreciation over when will they come down.
3/24/09 11:04 AM
Possible Human

I buy a few boxes every week just to hedge my bets, but once the war ends, I'd imagine it would come down.
3/24/09 11:57 AM
ClayK

PH, what war are you referring to?
3/24/09 12:01 PM
Mrbrownfolks
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Once the first gulf war ended, the prices of ammo fell quite a bit and there was a lot of surplus available.
3/24/09 12:06 PM
The Double Deuce

You guys let me know when those "wars" are over.
3/25/09 2:57 AM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The gunshop I go to has a big range in it. They won't sell 9mm or 380 right now unless it is for "range use" but you can't buy it out the door, you have to buy it with range time. Now...you could go in, pop off 1 rd and leave, personally I think it is their way of making the extra 10 bucks on you for range time just to get the ammo.
3/25/09 7:57 AM
The Double Deuce

Dojosensei - The gunshop I go to has a big range in it. They won't sell 9mm or 380 right now unless it is for "range use" but you can't buy it out the door, you have to buy it with range time. Now...you could go in, pop off 1 rd and leave, personally I think it is their way of making the extra 10 bucks on you for range time just to get the ammo.

wow, where do you live, that is pretty messed up. We have plenty of 9mm in my area (just at insane prices). .380 is unantainable at this time in my area.
3/25/09 1:24 PM
kanotoa
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly don't know if you can buy 9mm where I live. I have never seen it in the stores and the owners always say it's backordered, that is why I bought a 40 cal glock. I cannot mail order ammo here either so basically I am at the mercy of the local FFLs.

What do you all pay for ammo?

If I can get it this is about what I pay:

I bought 3" rem buckshot, 5 shell-$7

The last box of ball .40 I bought was $20 for 50 rounds.

Bird shot at Kmart is cheap but they are always out, I think a box of 8 shot is $6.

I can't afford to practice much.
3/25/09 1:30 PM
The Double Deuce

9 mm has jumped from $12.99 a box to $19.99 at most places. Ocassionally, One place gets the 100 round boxes and charges $35.99. These are huge increases from just 1-2 years ago.
3/25/09 1:50 PM
The Double Deuce

kvr, does sportsman guide still have that deal? I know they backorder it, but I don't mind waiting for that price.
3/25/09 2:32 PM
Mrbrownfolks
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would anyone pay 20 for 9mm ammo if you can find it online? I bought a bunch of wolf and fiocchi hp the other day for my 9s and 45. Ammo is hard to find in department stores but readily available at gun shops. Everyone I go to has full shelves.
3/25/09 3:06 PM
The Double Deuce

which sites? All 9mm deals I have seen on online sites are backordered for months.
3/25/09 3:41 PM
Mrbrownfolks

sportsmansguide
3/25/09 4:44 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wally World here is out of EVERYTHING except 22 and 357. They also only allow you 2 boxes of each caliber per day. Shit's gone in 30 minutes though and they will not tell you when they have more coming in.

DICKS SPORTS just ran an add for 380 and 9mm this last Sunday at great prices and I ran up there to have them tell me...we haven't seen either of those calibers in at least 4 weeks, and that was more than 1 dicks sports in the area. But they saw fit to run the ad saying they had it and it was low priced.
3/25/09 7:07 PM
Dojosensei

KVR, have you had to order any 380?

I was on gundirectory.com and they had ImpactGuns out of Utah selling 1000 rds for 99.99. Problem was, you couldn't click on BUY IT NOW it took you to a dead link.

It was Russian WOLF 92 gr 380 FMJ

Emailed them, no response bastages...
3/25/09 7:42 PM
Dojosensei

OH HELL YEAH, that link worked too though for 380. 500 rds for 150 bucks basically.

Thanks man!
3/25/09 9:24 PM
Dojosensei

Hey bro, just ran up to Dicks sports, noticed in that ad that Dicks had it "in stock" so I ran down the highway from work really quick and walked into 10 boxes of 380 auto. They would normally run the 15.98 if you buy 10 and 16.98 if you bought per box.

So I picked up all 10 and went up front. Well...the lady ringing me up read their ad to see what the special was, read it wrong (she read it for the 9mm ammo) and rang me up, didn't really pay any attention to it until I got back here and started wondering why that was so cheap.

Well the 9mm ammo was for 11.98 a box and that's what she rang me up for plus the 10 box discount. Sooooo...380 ammo hella cheap hahaha.

They said 9mm comes in Friday morning, I'm going to stop by on my way home friday and stock up on that as well.
3/25/09 11:04 PM
Dojosensei

I might be picking up another Ruger LCP in the AM...I have another one that I need to pick up with my kel Tec pf9 but I'm picking up one for my dad as well.
4/1/09 7:23 PM
kanotoa

I just bought some 00 buckshot @ $20 for 25 shells. Not as cheap as the mainland but it;s the best deal going here. I also am getting as much WOlf .223 I can get. Not the best stuff but better than nothing I guess.
4/1/09 7:26 PM
Dojosensei

It's about that time...yes boys and girls...My weekly/bi weekly new gun purchase...

Suggestions?

IF not a rifle...something easily conceal/carry...

what say you?
4/1/09 7:42 PM
The Double Deuce

^^ phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?
4/3/09 6:58 AM
armlok
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dojosensei - It's about that time...yes boys and girls...My weekly/bi weekly new gun purchase...

Suggestions?

IF not a rifle...something easily conceal/carry...

what say you?

What do you have already??

Do you have a solid store of mags? Might be a consideration instead of another gun. Also ammo.

Can never go wrong with AKs and ARs for longgun purchases. Glocks are a solid choice for "conceal/carry" considerations.

MAGS, MAGS, MAGS! and AMMO, AMMO, AMMO!
4/3/09 8:41 AM
Dojosensei

yeah, got mags and ammo. 1+ cases of each ammo I fire. 380, 9mm, 38 and 22 (pistols).

Walther P22 (w/ extra mags)
Hi Point 9C 9mm (w/ extra mags)
Ruger MK II (w/ extra mags)
Taurus 38 4" (w/ speedloaders)
Ruger LCP (w/ extra mags)
I have a KelTec PF-9 and another Ruger LCP on order at the moment, they are in, just waiting on father in law to be in town when the guy can drop everything off and I can do the paperwork on them.

Those are just the pistols. Add in carbines, US Army Sniper's training rifle and other long rifles for the rifle section.

I have an option at a Star ULTRASTAR 9mm today if I wanted one. I read great reviews on them but...parts if needed are another story. There is a place now selling the parts but the parent company that made them is out of business now.

Any suggestions for new pieces? I'm trying to pick up a new piece every week or two.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.