UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> About to join but colorblind

3/22/09 8:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Django
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I am in the process of joining the military however I am colorblind - got half right on the Ishihara test and failed the FALANT test - I got a 94 on my ASVAB but does that even matter now?
4/14/09 5:06 PM
Django
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow - great post, thanks!
4/17/09 5:21 AM
armlok
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

technically your not CB, you're deficient. true CB is rare. The red lens thing works, but not allowed in the mil since I tried in the mid 80s.

I got a tech job still in the AF/ANG, for some reason the career field didn't have "normal color vision" which was kinda stupid 'cause i wired equipment racks, did cables, etc. Most jobs were out of my reach though.

One prob I had when i shot RETS range (shot a lot on marksmanship team)was the faded targets on some ranges with dried brush, sometimes hard time spotting the fuggers. I'm really good at spotting movement, which helps when I'm stalking while hunting.

Like blitznsix, I seemed to do well on nightfires w/ rifles and pistols and absolutely banged the hell out of shit with the M24 using the 10x scope, but irons and faded popup sometimes uggggh.When I did aggressor/opfor my nightvision again seemed helpful. I'm not sure about the camo spotting being easier as obviously greens and browns would hose me up, but the night thing seems to play out.

just go in and try, they have the profiles (ask to see them!)and make sure there isn't a requirement before you sign. shit you got more on the ishi than I ever could....think I could get 1 :P

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.