UnderGround Forums

GirlGround >> ATTN: Happily Married..

3/23/09 5:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wrestlerguy04
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attention happily married..I proposed to the girlfriend last week and just wanna know what's the secret to a happy, long marriage and relationship? Her and I have, what I and most people call, a happy and good relationship, but we've all heard the horror stories of a happy boyfriend/girlfriend relationship then when the engagement or marriage comes along that happy relationship falls apart. I definitely want to keep that spark and liveliness in our relationship. What are some of your secrets or suggestions??

Im posting this on the GirlGround to maybe get some female insite..
3/23/09 1:47 PM
droc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Red Devil Shop, Official Fedor Gear
 Communication

DROC
3/23/09 9:15 PM
zoies
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

droc -  Communication

DROC

I second that
3/24/09 2:45 AM
Xtina

can't say, personally.  never been married.  but if i can steal some ideas from my parents:

always show affection.  (ugh - sucks for the kids, but it's sweet when you hug and kiss each other goodbye - even if it's just to go to home depot).

always present a unified front - whether it's against the kids, your in-laws, or the world, you're a team.

know that you're no longer living your life just for you - your spouse/family is #1.  it may mean sacrifice, but if you do it right, it's worth everything in the world. 

even if you have kids, take time for yourselves.  hire a babysitter, get grandma to take a few hours out of your day - keep that spark alive and take time out for a date, dinner, etc. just for a few hours by yourselves for a week.
4/28/09 8:30 PM
cthlcschlgrl

xtina with the wisenesses!
5/9/09 5:41 PM
JKING
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GIVE 110% everyday.
8/28/09 5:56 PM
Atecexa

here is the biggest problem to overcome

Man at altar - Dear Lord I pray that my wife will be the exact same as she is right now for all of time

Woman at altar - Dear Lord I pray that you will make my husband the man that blah blah blah

Point is you are marrying her for what she IS. She is marrying you for what she hopes you will become
8/28/09 6:39 PM
Atecexa

also the other huge problem is many men think that their "wife" will be just as much of a nympho as their girlfriend...this is not the case especially once you start having kids
8/31/09 10:22 AM
NorthernHospitality
1355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xtina - can't say, personally.  never been married.  but if i can steal some ideas from my parents:

always show affection.  (ugh - sucks for the kids, but it's sweet when you hug and kiss each other goodbye - even if it's just to go to home depot).

always present a unified front - whether it's against the kids, your in-laws, or the world, you're a team.

know that you're no longer living your life just for you - your spouse/family is #1.  it may mean sacrifice, but if you do it right, it's worth everything in the world. 

even if you have kids, take time for yourselves.  hire a babysitter, get grandma to take a few hours out of your day - keep that spark alive and take time out for a date, dinner, etc. just for a few hours by yourselves for a week.
Niice! If u ever get married girl you're going to be a great fucking wife! The hubby and I do it a little like this and it works out great for us! Everyday is a new adventure!

9/1/09 1:48 PM
wrestlerguy04
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xtina - can't say, personally.  never been married.  but if i can steal some ideas from my parents:

Great stuff..thank you. Anymore advice for me?
9/2/09 3:28 AM
Xtina

cupcakes?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.