UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> DO U GO 2 THE GYM WHEN YOU HAVE A COLD?

3/25/09 2:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
knuckleballs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was sneezy and had a runny nose last night, and thought it was just allergies. I woke up today and my snot was neon green and i have a bit of a cough. I feel pretty normal, energy wise, but still never know if i am being a dick by training. What do you all do?

I plan on having an amateur fight within the next couple of months and was looking forward to sparring tonight. I am not going to go, but, i just can't help but think that a pro would go to the gym, and just say, "Fuck it." I would especially love to hear from green namers on this.
3/25/09 4:55 PM
jarva
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/09 4:56 PM
I don't for two reasons:
  1. I don't want other people to get sick because of me.
  2. I will get rid of my cold faster if I let my body rest.
I always feel a bit frustrated that I can't go to the gym, but I know it is for the best.

Your fight is months from now, so taking a few days off now is not an issue.  I think you made the right decision.  Take medicine, drink plenty of fluids, and rest. 
3/25/09 7:52 PM
Kirkor Papasian

rest
3/26/09 12:57 PM
JeffMiller

^^ Nailed it

Yea, it's common courtesy to NOT go to the gym when you are sick. Just like you should wipe down your equipment.
3/27/09 12:03 PM
Outkaster
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had to grade for 3rd dan black belt with the flu. Sucked.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.