UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Sweet 9mm Carbines!

3/26/09 10:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9mm carbines from Calico
3/28/09 1:58 AM
Skpotamus
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My dad had one of those in 9mm and one in 22 when I was a kid. They both sucked. Inaccurate as hell and they jammed pretty regularly. The odd drum design didn't feed too well.

I think the company was only around for a few years or so.
3/28/09 2:18 AM
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ah...really? What 9mmm carbines would you recommend?
3/28/09 1:58 PM
Buddhadev

Edited: 03/28/09 11:07 PM
My criteria are:

1 9mm

2 fully automatic

3 high capacity

4 reliable

5 decent range

I thought that the one they described as holding a hundred rounds as compelling for reasons 1- 3 at least
3/29/09 10:20 PM
Skpotamus
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ones we had weren't class 3 (full auto).

Truthfully, I don't have much experience with class 3 carbines, I've only shot an MP5SD before (silenced, select fire). We burned through about 500 rounds that day, mostly full auto and it never jammed once. So if you have around $20k or so I'd recommend one of them. Although, it should be noted that full auto isn't the easiest to control.

Anything full - auto is gonna be pretty expensive and hard to find. You're going to go at least $15k for one and most likely it's going to be pretty heavily used since you can't buy a new one anymore. The 1987 ban made finding full auto stuff a pain, and 20+ years later, making finding one without a WHOLE lotta rounds through it impossible.
3/30/09 1:11 AM
Buddhadev

Ah, I may just go with either the CX4 or PC-9 then.

BTW, in other news, my Springfield XDm 9mm arrives on Tuesday! 19+1 rounds!
3/30/09 10:14 PM
Skpotamus

If you're looking for high capacity, look at either a keltec or a MECTEC carbine. The keltec (depending on model) can take glock magazines, so 33rnders are available. The Mectec is an upper that replaces a handgun slide and makes it a carbine. Get one for a glock 9mm, and viola! 33 rnd glockish carbine.

I have the keltec and it's a good toy, no optic capability though, so I think I'd like to go after a mectec.

I thought the XD's were 16 round mags in the 9mm's? The only 9mm without an extended mag I know of that holds that many rounds is a para-ordinance.
3/30/09 11:48 PM
Buddhadev

It's the XD-9 that's 16. The XDm 9 is 19

http://the-m-factor.com/
3/30/09 11:55 PM
Kai Tremeche
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the mectec looks like a paintball gun.
4/1/09 10:53 PM
Skpotamus

But a really LOUD paintball gun...... :o)
4/2/09 9:14 PM
Kai Tremeche

Skpotamus: Not that a paintball gun is bad, you'll put many more thousands of rounds through a Paintball gun than you will through a real gun.
4/9/09 2:23 PM
Chilito

If you're going to get a pistol caliber carbine, why not get one in a caliber that is actually going to benefit from the longer barrel?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.